Author Topic: 2011 Post Draft Discussion / Signing Watch  (Read 75455 times)

Offline Bloo

Re: 2011 Post Draft Discussion / Signing Watch
« Reply #425: August 09, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
Regarding Houchins, I believe he deserves a second chance if he is truly sorry for his actions. There is no point in constantly condemning someone if the water is well under the bridge.

Offline RD

« Reply #426: August 09, 2011, 11:58:38 PM »
It never should've been a big deal to begin with. Of course he deserves a shot. Hopefully for the kid, one way or the other he can move on and continue his baseball career.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #427: August 10, 2011, 12:00:31 AM »
Good luck getting drafted better than round 15 again. He blew it.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #428: August 10, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
Good luck getting drafted better than round 15 again. He blew it.

thoughts on CMW tonight?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #429: August 10, 2011, 06:22:28 AM »
thoughts on CMW tonight?

Holy crap, you just created "Spoprtsfan's Corner" - hosted by Debbie and Nyan

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #430: August 10, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
KendallRogersPG Kendall Rogers
Lastly, some interesting stuff going on with Matt Purke and the #Nationals. Will have an update on him later tonight. #mlbdraft

Rogers is a writer for Perfect Game.  I hope this is good news.

Offline RD

« Reply #431: August 10, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
What a dick. Don't drop that nug in the morning and say you'll reveal it tonight.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #432: August 10, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
What a dick. Don't drop that nug in the morning and say you'll reveal it tonight.

Have you ever watched the local news?

3:45 p.m. - "Do you have something that could kill you sitting in your pantry? Find out tonight at 11!"

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #433: August 10, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
Another Twitter source says "Purke talks progress." There's a link to a blog but it's actually a TCU fans message board and you have to register.

Offline RD

« Reply #434: August 10, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »
Have you ever watched the local news?

3:45 p.m. - "Do you have something that could kill you sitting in your pantry? Find out tonight at 11!"

This isn't the news.

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #435: August 10, 2011, 12:27:32 PM »
Another Twitter source says "Purke talks progress." There's a link to a blog but it's actually a TCU fans message board and you have to register.

Can you give me a link? 

Are you a Rice fan?  Are you more happy about Rendon being a Nat or sad to see him go?

Also, I love the avatar.  Those barbershop scenes were the best.  Eddie Murphy was so funny back then.

Offline GNatsNoMore

« Reply #436: August 10, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
KendallRogersPG Kendall Rogers
Lastly, some interesting stuff going on with Matt Purke and the #Nationals. Will have an update on him later tonight. #mlbdraft

Rogers is a writer for Perfect Game.  I hope this is good news.
Post again when you see the update, please!  One would think there must at least be some movement towards a contract, if this guy has credible sources.   :pray: :nervous: :pray:  I can't see a writer announcing "Purke is not going to sign" as "interesting stuff".

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #437: August 10, 2011, 12:33:47 PM »
Can you give me a link? 

Are you a Rice fan?  Are you more happy about Rendon being a Nat or sad to see him go?

Also, I love the avatar.  Those barbershop scenes were the best.  Eddie Murphy was so funny back then.

@FungoFrogTCU
Update in the blog: Winkler signs, Purke talks progress, Cron moves in(means nothing). #
http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=14

I'm thrilled Anthony Rendon will be a Nat. It's wonderfully easy to be a Rice/Nats fan: Rendon is the fourth Rice starter from my time at school there to be drafted by the Nats. Rendon was in my residential college (=Rice dorm) and in fact since our last names are next to each other, he was the other guy who used my mailbox. I brainstormed a few pranks to pull on him, but alas he never checked his mail.

And thanks! Those are definitely my favorite scenes from the movie... crazy to think how funny Eddie Murphy was.

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #438: August 10, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
I registered at the blog, but was unable to read anything.  However, the guy that runs it says that talks have progressed and both sides expect to agree.  I hope he's right.

Houston:  So you're a Rice Alum?  Awesome.  I know sometimes colleges will set up private mailboxes and such for certain athletes/celebs on campus.  I am not sure about Rice specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #439: August 10, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
I registered at the blog, but was unable to read anything.  However, the guy that runs it says that talks have progressed and both sides expect to agree.  I hope he's right.

Houston:  So you're a Rice Alum?  Awesome.  I know sometimes colleges will set up private mailboxes and such for certain athletes/celebs on campus.  I am not sure about Rice specifically, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The last thing Rice would do would be to set up private mailboxes. They barely have a training table, and as far as i could tell, it was for ALL athletes :lol:

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #440: August 10, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »
OK, so Rendon, Hague, and I think Mozingo are three of the four.  Who is the other one?  I'll have to cheat somehow and look it up, or just check that training table :)

Offline RD

« Reply #441: August 10, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
Rogers says that 14th rounder, Cody Stubbs, is likely headed to school.

"KendallRogersPG Kendall Rogers
Sounds like #UNC signee and #Nationals 14th-round pick Cody Stubbs will be headed to CH to play for the #TarHeels barring surprise #mlbdraft
1 hour ago"

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
« Reply #442: August 10, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
I'm also hearing promising things about Nats/Purke deal

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #443: August 10, 2011, 02:59:36 PM »
Rogers says that 14th rounder, Cody Stubbs, is likely headed to school.

"KendallRogersPG Kendall Rogers
Sounds like #UNC signee and #Nationals 14th-round pick Cody Stubbs will be headed to CH to play for the #TarHeels barring surprise #mlbdraft
1 hour ago"

This was an overdraft, right? Save the money for Purke at this point.

Offline NFA Brian

« Reply #444: August 10, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
This was an overdraft, right? Save the money for Purke at this point.

I think some of it was the new version of draft-and-follow. Teams are drafting these college/JuCo guys and watching them in the various summer leagues. Some shine enough to warrant more than slot

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #445: August 10, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
I think some of it was the new version of draft-and-follow. Teams are drafting these college/JuCo guys and watching them in the various summer leagues. Some shine enough to warrant more than slot

Excellent, thanks for the insight.

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #446: August 10, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that Stubbs really struggled in the Cape (or whatever summer league it was) and left early.  It is not a surprise that he is going to school if that is the case.

Brian:  Have you heard anything else?  I am crossing my fingers on the big four (Rendon, Meyer, Goodwin, and Purke).  Turnball would be nice.  I'd love to get Buchanon and Laxer, but I expect they would be fall backs if one of the big four doesn't sign.  I expect Mooneyham and Tobias to go/return to college.  Thanks for the info.

I also read that Marcus Stroman has been pitching really well this summer and has made a big impression with many scouts.  I believe he was a Nat's pick out of HS.  Too bad they didn't sign him, but good for them for finding him.

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #447: August 10, 2011, 03:06:30 PM »
Excellent, thanks for the insight.

I believe Billy Burns may be the opposite case.  He was doing really well in the Cape and earned a contract from the Nats.

Offline NFA Brian

« Reply #448: August 10, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that Stubbs really struggled in the Cape (or whatever summer league it was) and left early.  It is not a surprise that he is going to school if that is the case.

Brian:  Have you heard anything else?  I am crossing my fingers on the big four (Rendon, Meyer, Goodwin, and Purke).  Turnball would be nice.  I'd love to get Buchanon and Laxer, but I expect they would be fall backs if one of the big four doesn't sign.  I expect Mooneyham and Tobias to go/return to college.  Thanks for the info.

I also read that Marcus Stroman has been pitching really well this summer and has made a big impression with many scouts.  I believe he was a Nat's pick out of HS.  Too bad they didn't sign him, but good for them for finding him.

Rendon & Meyer will get done. That's not based on any inside intel, just appears obvious

Goodwin is likely but he has some upside flexibility (very limited but some) in re-entering the 2012 draft

Purke feels like Cole last year. It's the right move for the Nats to do and the cost will be agreeable

Not sure why Turnbull is taking so long. I'll guess he's announced over the weekend

I'd love to see Buchanan/Laxer signed along with the four guys above but I think it's an either/or thing

Offline Nats113437

« Reply #449: August 10, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
Rendon & Meyer will get done. That's not based on any inside intel, just appears obvious

Goodwin is likely but he has some upside flexibility (very limited but some) in re-entering the 2012 draft

Purke feels like Cole last year. It's the right move for the Nats to do and the cost will be agreeable

Not sure why Turnbull is taking so long. I'll guess he's announced over the weekend

I'd love to see Buchanan/Laxer signed along with the four guys above but I think it's an either/or thing

Thank you.  If they get those top four, I'll love this draft.