Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 45117 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Topic Start: September 09, 2008, 12:49:24 AM »
First Pitch: 7:10 PM EST

TV: MASN

Radio: 107.7 FM, 1500 AM

Line: NYM -230

Weather: 75° wth a 70% chance of Thunderstorms

(56-88) 5th Place NL East

Hernandez - 2B
Guzman - SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Milledge - CF
Dukes - RF
Boone - 1B
Harris - LF
Nieves - C
Lannan - P

SP: John Lannan (8-13, 3.88 ERA)

(80-63) 1st Place NL East

Reyes - SS
Church - RF
Wright - 3B
Beltran - CF
Delgado - 1B
Tatis - LF
Easley - 2B
Schneider - C
Perez - P

SP: Oliver Perez (10-7, 3.86 ERA)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Reply #1: September 09, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
There is a good chance of thunderstorms in NY tonight. I wonder if they would play a double header on Wednesday or play the second game on Thursday since it's an off-day for both teams.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2: September 09, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »
Living in New York....

Thunderstorms should be cleared out before gametime. 

Our boys have been playing o.k. of late but they'll be tested against a contender tonight.  At least NY seems to be slipping up a bit and perhaps the news about Wagner puts them in a funk.  Take lots of pitches tonight boys and get into that shaky Mets 'pen early!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #3: September 09, 2008, 09:29:15 AM »
Even though I've been pulling desperately for the Nats to get out in front in the Strasburg race, "bad fan" that I am, this is a series I hope the Nats not only win but SWEEP.  Muck the Fets.  I don't care that the Phillies have a bunch of jackass fans - there's nothing worse than seeing NY sports teams do well.  Not only are their fans obnoxious, but they have this "we're owed the world" attitude where they think they deserve all of the elite players from around the league.  Their heads and egos are so big that they think they should be able to get anyone in a trade no matter how one-sided the deal.

So stick it to the Mets and dash their playoff hopes again!

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #4: September 09, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »
We HAVE to win at least one of the games.  One of my best friends is a Mets fan and he started trash talking last Thursday about this series.  I would so love for him to choke on his words  :twisted:

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #5: September 09, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
I really, really hope we get a shot at beating up Ayala this series.

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #6: September 09, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
It sounds like you have bad friends.

'eh, he's a keeper other than that little detail.  Truth be told, I was a Mets fan in high school, though more to irritate my Red Sox Nation family than for any other reason :)

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #7: September 09, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
Heh, I was a kid.  I've since seen the error of my ways  :roll:  Though I still think it's better than being a Phillies fan!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #8: September 09, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »
THE BEAST INVADES SHEA STADIUM!

Lets Go Nats! we seem to play better and thrive at Shea Stadium.

6 games vs the Mutts in September, we can single handedly kill their season similar to last yr! being a key contributor to the Mutts collapse last yr was so satisfying. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #9: September 09, 2008, 02:15:41 PM »
Heh, I was a kid.  I've since seen the error of my ways  :roll:  Though I still think it's better than being a Phillies fan!

Well I did know this one phillie fan once... but that's for another thread.   :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: September 09, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
Well I did know this one phillie fan once... but that's for another thread.   :lol:

:nono:

:lol:

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #11: September 09, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
I don't think I've ever had the ... ummm ... pleasure of meeting a phils fan.  Now, eagles' fans, that's a different story, but one for another thread as well  :P

Offline spidernat

« Reply #12: September 09, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
I realize that rival fans are a no-no tomterp but believe me, if you guys had seen her, you would all give me a pass on this one.  ;)

I don't think I've ever had the ... ummm ... pleasure of meeting a phils fan.  Now, eagles' fans, that's a different story, but one for another thread as well  :P

Well she was from Philadelphia so she was a fan and loved all those hated teams. 

It looks like someone finally stopped being a and is gradually testing the waters.   :clap:

The beach is clear, sort of.   :lol:

Offline ZimmsGirl72

« Reply #13: September 09, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »
Sometimes love ... er lust ... can make us do crazy things.  We must forgive each other for those momentary indiscretions.  Now if you had married her ... that would be a different story ;)

It looks like someone finally stopped being a (Image removed from quote.) and is gradually testing the waters.   :clap:

Yeah, yeah, yeah ... you dragged me out of lurker land :D  Be careful what you wish for though ;)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #14: September 09, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »
Thank god i dont know any mets fans, but i do know alot of sox fans, bastards.

Offline blue911

« Reply #15: September 09, 2008, 03:53:47 PM »
I realize that rival fans are a no-no tomterp but believe me, if you guys had seen her, you would all give me a pass on this one.  ;)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #16: September 09, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
Mets lineup posted. Can't find the Nationals' one yet.  :?

Church is playing RF and batting 2nd and Schneider is catching and batting 8th.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #17: September 09, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »

Well, in fact I did catch a glimpse and sqeeze off a quick photo, and all I can say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.    :?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #18: September 09, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
The key is to find a girl who is a sports fan but doesn't really hold any allegiances. When I started dating the girl I'm currently with, she liked college football and watching the NHL and NFL, but wasn't a fan of any team persay, other than UMD football.

Well, a Caps game, Steelers training camp, and a Nats game later, she's now a Caps-Steelers-Nats fan. Best part is, she watches the Nats every night and will give me updates if I'm busy.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #19: September 09, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »
The key is to find a girl who is a sports fan but doesn't really hold any allegiances. When I started dating the girl I'm currently with, she liked college football and watching the NHL and NFL, but wasn't a fan of any team persay, other than UMD football.

Well, a Caps game, Steelers training camp, and a Nats game later, she's now a Caps-Steelers-Nats fan. Best part is, she watches the Nats every night and will give me updates if I'm busy.

I hear that.  My wife endured my conversion from Yankee to Nats fan and jumped right on board with me since she had no particular allegiances anyway.  The closest thing to a "fan" she came to was the Saints since she grew up in Southern Mississippi and there were no baseball teams to follow (that's why I'm a sorta Saints fan - I married into it).  Now my wife is a Nats and Caps fan to go along with her Saints.

On a side note:  I'LL BE WATCHING TONIGHT!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #20: September 09, 2008, 06:26:29 PM »
Solid lineup:

Hernandez - 2B
Guzman - SS
Zimmerman - 3B
Milledge - CF
Dukes - RF
Boone - 1B
Harris - LF
Nieves - C
Lannan - P

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #21: September 09, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »
a 6-0 September vs the hated Mutts STARTS NOW! lets ruin their season just like last yr.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #22: September 09, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

Well, in fact I did catch a glimpse and sqeeze off a quick photo, and all I can say is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.    :?

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks like someone I saw at the last WNFF tailgate?  :lol:

Well, a Caps game, Steelers training camp, and a Nats game later, she's now a Caps-Steelers-Nats fan. 

My brother finds chicks like that all the time so I'll tell you what I always tell him. As soon as she starts banging someone else she'll be rooting for his teams.  :?

So let me get this straight, Young is due back tonight but he pulled a quad muscle so his return has been set back.  :?  I guess that's part of being a fat guy.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #23: September 09, 2008, 06:57:45 PM »
They're saying on Nats Xtra right now that Saul Rivera took 7 years to make it to the majors.

So sportsfan, tell us, why does the fact that Steven Shell took 7 years to make it to the show mean anything?

Offline wisefan11

• This is Nat Country
« Reply #24: September 09, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »

So sportsfan, tell us, why does the fact that Steven Shell took 7 years to make it to the show mean anything?

Yeah, especially since I believe this is his first year out of the bullpen, when he seems suited for. He's been a two-pitch pitcher (fastball-curveball) so it doesn't surprise me that he never made it as a starter. Plus, since his background is as a starter, he should be more durable over multiple innings and consecutive appearances.