Author Topic: Congrats Cristian!  (Read 1336 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Congrats Cristian!
« Topic Start: August 28, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
The Cycle is a rare and wonderful thing -- off three different pitchers no less -- 9/13 for the series -- great to see him swinging the bat so well  --

Congrats Guzzie!

:worship:  :worship:  :worship: :worship:

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Congrats Christian!
« Reply #1: August 28, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »
It's Cristian.  ;)

Huge props to Guz though. He's proving my doubts about him false with his play as of late. Hope he keeps it up.  :clap:

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #2: August 28, 2008, 11:23:10 PM »
Congrats Guzy! he turned on the wheels for the triple, and once the ball got caught underneath the wall, it was a wrap.

and you know me, gotta co-congratulate Dukes on his MONSTROUS multi-homer game!

Offline eckseid

« Reply #3: August 28, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »
Congrats Guzy! he turned on the wheels for the triple, and once the ball got caught underneath the wall, it was a wrap.

and you know me, gotta co-congratulate Dukes on his MONSTROUS multi-homer game!

This is a thread for Guz, keep your lover out of it.

Congrats Guzman!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Congrats Cristian!
« Reply #4: August 28, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
It's Cristian.  ;)

Huge props to Guz though. He's proving my doubts about him false with his play as of late. Hope he keeps it up.  :clap:

Fixed ... :)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #5: August 28, 2008, 11:33:01 PM »
This is a thread for Guz, keep your lover out of it.

Congrats Guzman!

just thought Guzy and Dukes could share the congratulations.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: August 29, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
Missed seeing it since I was at the Redskins' pre-season match...but such is the risk when one holds season tickets to six different teams.

All in all though, a magnificent achievement (as is the lopsided Nats win!).

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: August 29, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
I was there, and he got a nice hand from the crowd (such as it was).

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #8: August 29, 2008, 12:36:08 AM »
He is the second National to complete this feat in our brief history.  The other one was Brad Wilkerson on April 6, 2005.  Personally, I view the cycle as one of the most aesthetic accomplishments in baseball, right behind the perfect game.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #9: August 29, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »
I was at the game as well, such a great feeling to see Guz get that triple and get the cycle. At first when he stretched the single into the double, they counted that at bat nothing on the stats and lowered his average and i was confused.. anyways, was a great to see it happen at the park.

BTW, i thought Felipe had one last year i think it was, might been shy of a triple but i remember he had a homer, a single, and 2 doubles, which i thought one was advanced to third.. i dunno im probably totally wrong

Offline natsfan7

• I am the Nationals number seventh fan!
« Reply #10: August 29, 2008, 06:27:36 AM »
Congrats Guzy; I'm so glad I was watching tonight!

Also, in light of the good season Guz is having, I want to publicly apologize for all the crap I've given him over the last few years.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #11: August 29, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
He is the second National to complete this feat in our brief history.  The other one was Brad Wilkerson on April 6, 2005.  Personally, I view the cycle as one of the most aesthetic accomplishments in baseball, right behind the perfect game.

Aye   :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Guzman has done remarkable things this season - first the All-Star Game and now the "cycle" in one game, all in the same season......Congrats to him.
        :clap: :woop: :clap: :woop:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #12: August 29, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
Thats the first one I've ever seen end with the triple- usually the triple is the impossible part Congrats Guz  :worship: :worship:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #13: August 29, 2008, 08:42:19 AM »
I wish he had waited another pitch or two.  I had just started a discussion with my son - "do you know what hitting for the cycle means" - when he launched that gapper.  My wife was quietly reading a book, and both of them thought I was nuts (but not abnormally so) when I stood up excited, yelling at the ball through the television set, "get through there, go baby go!".

And if he hadn't have been thrown out at 2nd earlier, he would have had a better performance but not the "cycle".  Cool all around.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #14: August 29, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
Personally, I view the cycle as one of the most aesthetic accomplishments in baseball, right behind the perfect game.

It's even more so when they pause to smell the flowers on their home run trot.   

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #15: August 29, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
I wish he had waited another pitch or two.  I had just started a discussion with my son - "do you know what hitting for the cycle means" - when he launched that gapper.  My wife was quietly reading a book, and both of them thought I was nuts (but not abnormally so) when I stood up excited, yelling at the ball through the television set, "get through there, go baby go!".

And if he hadn't have been thrown out at 2nd earlier, he would have had a better performance but not the "cycle".  Cool all around.

The radio call was so $$$$ ...they've got the most amazing knack for accentuating important moments during the course of the game ... and the way the crowd noise started to rise when he was rounding second ... very cool ...

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #16: August 29, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
It's even more so when they pause to smell the flowers on their home run trot.  

don't you mean shrubbery...

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #17: August 29, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »
It was the first cycle I'd ever witnessed in person. Pretty cool!

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #18: August 29, 2008, 12:32:26 PM »
I was there, and he got a nice hand from the crowd (such as it was).
Yes, the crowd was as sparse as I've seen all season. I'm sure the weather contributed.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #19: August 29, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »
don't you mean shrubbery...

Flowers increases the aesthetic value of the image.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #20: August 29, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
Flowers increases the aesthetic value of the image.

Yeah I got what you were saying, I was referring to the super aesthetic shrubs they have been growing all year in the outfield.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #21: August 29, 2008, 01:18:09 PM »
Yeah I got what you were saying, I was referring to the super aesthetic shrubs they have been growing all year in the outfield.

I was joking/messing with you anyway dude.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #22: August 29, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
I was joking/messing with you anyway dude.

Haha I figured that much out, I threw a pathetic comeback out there that obviously missed its mark.  I felt obligated to defend my artsy remarks.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #23: August 29, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »
Weather, Redskins, Obama's speech...yeah, lots of factors at work.  I'd put actual attendance at 16,000.

Yes, the crowd was as sparse as I've seen all season. I'm sure the weather contributed.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: August 29, 2008, 01:28:30 PM »
Weather, Redskins, Obama's speech...yeah, lots of factors at work.  I'd put actual attendance at 16,000.

Also, opening night for college football.