Author Topic: How about a "National Treasures" forum?  (Read 14146 times)

How about a "National Treasures" forum?
« Topic Start: April 09, 2006, 06:42:46 AM »
How about a forum called "National Treasures" where we can post pics, stories, etc. about Nationals collectables we have accumulated from autographs to jerseys?  You know, show off our swag.

Eventually it could lead up to the development of a sort of "Trading Post" where posters can maybe work out trading or purchasing certain things from other posters.

Just an idea on an early Sunday morning.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: April 09, 2006, 10:57:20 AM »
Sore subject with me!  I'm still simmering over not being aware of the medallions they handed out last year at opening day.  Walked right by a mob of people around a table, had no idea what they were doing when I walked by.  Only later on the metro did I realize they had handed out commemorative medallions after the game.  People grabbed extra ones and they hit ebay the next morning, but tomterp was asleep at the switch on that one.

« Reply #2: April 09, 2006, 11:23:35 AM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Sore subject with me!  I'm still simmering over not being aware of the medallions they handed out last year at opening day.  Walked right by a mob of people around a table, had no idea what they were doing when I walked by.  Only later on the metro did I realize they had handed out commemorative medallions after the game.  People grabbed extra ones and they hit ebay the next morning, but tomterp was asleep at the switch on that one.

Dude, that does suck.  Sorry to hear about that.

If this forum was created and caught on, we could also possibly share other treasures from other teams, like my autographed Ripken Jr. ball I got three years ago at a UVA at a banquet (Ryan Zimmerman was there as well as a member of the Cavs, by the way.)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: April 09, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »
By the way, I don 't mean my comment in any way as a negative on your idea, not a bit.  In fact it's a topic I would read with considerable interest.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: April 09, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »
It's definitely under consideration ;)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #5: July 08, 2006, 09:20:48 AM »
Is this an idea that would interest anyone else?