Author Topic: 'Jays Prized Prospect Makes ML Debut  (Read 1663 times)

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
'Jays Prized Prospect Makes ML Debut
« Topic Start: August 07, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »
Just got called up.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: 'Jays Prized Prospect Makes AAA Debut
« Reply #1: August 08, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »
Oh yes, let's be reminded of how much farther along Travis Snider is. >:(

That's interesting about Snider, though.  The Blue Jays are really moving him along.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #2: August 08, 2008, 08:50:42 PM »
Oh yes, let's be reminded of how much farther along Travis Snider is. >:(

That's interesting about Snider, though.  The Blue Jays are really moving him along.
Did you read the article? It compares there stats when they were the same age in the same league with percentages. Its rather interesting.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #3: August 08, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »
Glad to hear this part.

In my opinion, Marrero is the obvious choice. At first it didn't seem so obvious, and I really didn't know which one to go with, but after breaking it down and looking more closely at the numbers, Marrero stood out above Snider in every possible category. Snider might have a better average, but he is about 6 months older than Marrero, and while Snider spent the whole 2007 season at A ball, Marrero was called up and spent half the year in A+ ball. Before his call-up, Marrero obliterated A ball pitching, while it took Snider almost the whole season before he finally went on a tear and put up numbers similar to what Marrero had done in A ball. Had they both stayed in A ball for the entire season, there would be no debate about who was better, and Marrero would be ahead of Snider on every prospect list.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #4: August 08, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »
Thanks thom, I was about to post that. Really glad to read that paragraph. Marrero is still, in my opinion, our #1 hitting prospect. Top 3 overall, but I don't like to compare pitching and hitting prospects.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #5: August 09, 2008, 12:38:28 AM »
I think Michael Burgess is better than Marrero, and possibly Derek Norris.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: August 09, 2008, 10:35:39 AM »
I think Michael Burgess is better than Marrero, and possibly Derek Norris.

Burgess is probably 1b in my opinion. He's like a young Adam Dunn...a lot of power, a lot of K's. I think he's gonna be great OF for us but I just see Marrero as a better all-around player. But they're close.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #7: August 11, 2008, 12:19:41 AM »
Just so everyone knows. This is a very good blog. I have been requesting he does a Nats top 5 prospects list for awhile know I hope he does one soon. He is really knowldegeable other than the fact that he usually predicts for power hitters to hit more HR's than their potential is, like he has Chris Davis as a 50 HR threat.