Author Topic: WOW, DUKES ALREADY BEGINNING REHAB GAMES!  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
WOW, DUKES ALREADY BEGINNING REHAB GAMES!
« Topic Start: July 27, 2008, 11:25:11 PM »
Dukes is well ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation from arthroscopic knee surgery. He'll play several rehab games before rejoining the Nationals in early August.

TALK ABOUT A SPEEDY RECOVERY! Dukes heals like a freak! Early August?! i didn't think Dukes would be back in action until September. this is great news!

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: WOW, DUKES ALREADY BEGINNING REHAB GAMES!
« Reply #1: July 27, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
As long as he is not rushing back early and risking injury this is great news. I like the competitive fire but, I have the impression from his comments when he first was injured, that the coaches have to watch him closely or he'll try and come back too soon.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2: July 27, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »
Dukes has had one hell of a good attitude in DC

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #3: July 27, 2008, 11:45:15 PM »
i'm astonished that Dukes is playing games already. i'm convinced he's not human.

i told you guys, Dukes is no longer a troubled Devil Ray, he's a determined and focused National!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

MrMadison

« Reply #5: July 28, 2008, 02:24:06 AM »

yes, yes he does.

but I hope that in his hurry to come back so soon, that he doesn't push himself so hard that he ends up re-injuring himself.

the question is, is he truly "healed so fast" or is he just overpushing himself to come back...

do people typically recover from the type of injury and surgery he had so fast?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #6: July 28, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »
If he is truly healed his nickname should be Wolverine.

« Reply #7: July 28, 2008, 09:02:36 AM »
Now let's not give each other the money shot until he is actually back and playing in Nats uniform for more than a week. It's not like we are going to go on a tear with him back in the line-up anyways.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8: July 28, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »
Now let's not give each other the money shot until he is actually back and playing in Nats uniform for more than a week. It's not like we are going to go on a tear with him back in the line-up anyways.

His recent OPS of close to .400 should make a difference when we give up less than three runs and still lose

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #9: July 28, 2008, 09:28:48 AM »
This is great news as long as he's not being rushed back to duty.  This season is an abomonation so let's not kill 2009 in August of 2008.

Offline xposbrad

« Reply #10: July 28, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
I can't believe he's back already...That's really insane.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #11: July 28, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »
We lost Zimmerman, then Milledge, then Dukes.  Played fairly bad ball without the three. Then Zimmerman returned and we got worse. Then Milledge returned and we got worse yet.  So what happens when Dukes comes back?

I hope Johnson isn't contemplating a return this season.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #12: July 28, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »
His recent OPS of close to .400 should make a difference when we give up less than three runs and still lose

I hope you mean OBP

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #13: July 29, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »
Dukes DH'd tonight in Columbus, went 0/4 though with 2 k's.

it's just UNBELIEVABLE that Dukes is playing games already!!! it'll be interesting to see how he's moving when he plays the outfield.

i'm assuming he'll get a week of rehab games and be back in the lineup next week...unreal!

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #14: July 29, 2008, 07:13:55 AM »
God damnit
Dukes DH'd tonight in Columbus, went 0/4 though with 2 k's.

it's just UNBELIEVABLE that Dukes is playing games already!!! it'll be interesting to see how he's moving when he plays the outfield.

i'm assuming he'll get a week of rehab games and be back in the lineup next week...unreal!

God damnit.  That means that he's going to be just as crappy was he was when he first started off the DL earlier this year.  So we're going to have to suffer for another 30-40 at-bats before he finally gets back in rhythm.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #15: July 29, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
If he is truly healed his nickname should be Wolverine.
Or maybe Hancock.

Offline balzig777

« Reply #16: July 29, 2008, 09:49:59 AM »
or quick healer guy....

« Reply #17: July 29, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
Or Guy Who Says He's Healed But Isn't But Comes Back Anyway.

arkymark

« Reply #18: July 29, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
I was skeptical of the guy, but he could turn out to be special.  And the contrast with Dmitri is a bit stark.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #19: July 29, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »
DUKES AKA WOLVERINE WENT 2/3 TONIGHT! SINGLE, DOUBLE, WALK, RUN SCORED. HE PLAYED LEFT FIELD TOO, so his mobility is not an issue.

DUKES = BONA FIDE BEAST!!! i'm still in awe that he's playing games already. DUKES IS NOT HUMAN!

this team is desperate for some offense, could Dukes be called up for the Reds series?!

Offline Ray D

« Reply #20: July 29, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »
could Dukes be called up for the Reds series?!

You think this team will still be in the Majors by the Reds series?   I'm hearing rumors that the Nats are going to be relocated to AA.

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #21: July 29, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
DUKES AKA WOLVERINE WENT 2/3 TONIGHT! SINGLE, DOUBLE, WALK, RUN SCORED. HE PLAYED LEFT FIELD TOO, so his mobility is not an issue.

DUKES = BONA FIDE BEAST!!! i'm still in awe that he's playing games already. DUKES IS NOT HUMAN!

this team is desperate for some offense, could Dukes be called up for the Reds series?!

yep....and he made a real nice running catch on a deep ball to the corner, and he had a rocket throw to second that made it possible to get a guy out at first as he had rounded the corner and had to try and go back.

He seems to be in his own world a bit....the guy is something.  he smiles a,ot and laughs but there is just something.....he is a strange bird, but an incredbile ta;enmt and for all the bad luck we have if he could pan out it would be great.

A good deal of nats fans present but they were quiet.  we need to make more noise!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #22: July 29, 2008, 11:07:13 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080729&content_id=3219321&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

According to a baseball source, the team is shooting for Thursday for Dukes to return to the Nationals. If not, then later in the week. Once he is activated from the disabled list, Dukes will be the everyday left fielder, while Willie Harris would return to the bench.

« Reply #23: July 29, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »

yep....and he made a real nice running catch on a deep ball to the corner, and he had a rocket throw to second that made it possible to get a guy out at first as he had rounded the corner and had to try and go back.

He seems to be in his own world a bit....the guy is something.  he smiles a,ot and laughs but there is just something.....he is a strange bird, but an incredbile ta;enmt and for all the bad luck we have if he could pan out it would be great.

A good deal of nats fans present but they were quiet.  we need to make more noise!

Nats fans know the minute Dukes gets back to DC he'll be in the clutches of Lenny Harris again and will suck just like the rest of the team.

Why clap for someone heading down death row?

Offline cletusvandamme

« Reply #24: July 29, 2008, 11:43:35 PM »
Cyborg.

Kinda refreshing that 4-to-6 weeks in this case wasn't a minimum 6 weeks + rehab. It's even more refreshing that Eli is not Nick Johnson. Well, as far as injuries go.