Author Topic: Nationals vs Angels, Game 2  (Read 14222 times)

Re: Nationals vs Angels, Game 2
« Reply #250: June 24, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »
What is MXC?

Many years before reality TV became popular, a US show aired a clip from a Japanese reality show called "Sound TV."  The Japanese host, with a big smile on his face, would roll a small CANNON into someone's apartment, in the middle of the night.  He then FIRED it over a guy sleeping in a bed.  I laughed my ass off at the guy's reaction, who also started laughing, when he realized he was on that show.

(Image removed from quote.)

MXC is usually played on Spike TV. It is a real Japanese game show (basically what you see in the I Survived a Japanese Gameshow) but MXC dubbed over the Japanese announcers with hilarious commentary but treated it like it was dead serious. It was brilliant.

Seeing clips of "Wipeout" it is the very same thing only with Americans but it lost something in translation and the commentators aren't funny at all.

MrMadison

« Reply #251: June 24, 2008, 09:31:57 PM »
The Mutts are losing 10-0 at home to the Mariners tonight. The Mariners will be going for the sweep tomorrow night at Shea.  :rofl:

but...but....they fired Willie! isn't that what the Mets fans said was the problem?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #252: June 24, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
but...but....they fired Willie! isn't that what the Mets fans said was the problem?
He was part of the problem but the players are to blame to. The Mets have some of the most lackadaisical and lazy players you'll ever see. They remind me of our team except their payroll is much higher.

MrMadison

« Reply #253: June 24, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
He was part of the problem but the players are to blame to. The Mets have some of the most lackadaisical and lazy players you'll ever see. They remind me of our team except their payroll is much higher.

i know that. but the Mets fans made it sound like if they fired Willie, they'd instantly be WS champions.

MrMadison

« Reply #254: June 24, 2008, 09:35:50 PM »
LMFAO they are getting drubbed by the worst team in the AL, but at least the Manager "showed fire" by getting himself pointlessly ejected.

or maybe he just got sick of seeing the Mets play like crap, and needed a reason to leave the stadium?

« Reply #255: June 24, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »
i know that. but the Mets fans made it sound like if they fired Willie, they'd instantly be WS champions.

I thought Santana was that guy. They made him sound like some sort of Christ.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #256: June 24, 2008, 09:37:29 PM »
ERA+ would be a great stat to see for Minor League pitchers to better understand their overall performance, IMO. I still haven't found a site that keeps that stat, though. :?

Yeah ERA+ would be great if I could find a site.  I saw one site a couple weeks ago that is working on developing a calculator for that stat, where you can enter in a minor leaguers numbers and their league/team and it will calculate the number for you.  Who knows when it will be online though, Ill let you know though when it is available.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #257: June 24, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »
Manning fools a lot of hitters.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #258: June 24, 2008, 09:38:45 PM »
You guys remember 3 to 4 months ago when we were desperate for the season to begin?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #259: June 24, 2008, 09:38:55 PM »
Yeah ERA+ would be great if I could find a site.  I saw one site a couple weeks ago that is working on developing a calculator for that stat, where you can enter in a minor leaguers numbers and their league/team and it will calculate the number for you.  Who knows when it will be online though, Ill let you know though when it is available.

That might take a while to calculate, though. You have to add in ballpark factors. That'd be a nag. :lol:

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #260: June 24, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
Good bounce back effort from Manning.  The bullpen has been amazing tonight, even Colome.  We've hit two homers tonight.  This loss falls solely on Hill. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #261: June 24, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »
Good bounce back effort from Manning.  The bullpen has been amazing tonight, even Colome.  We've hit two homers tonight.  This loss falls solely on Hill. 
Who gives a crap how good the bullpen was in a meaningless game? Figures. Last night when we actually had a chance to win the bullpen blew it.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #262: June 24, 2008, 09:41:07 PM »

qft

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #263: June 24, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »
You guys remember 3 to 4 months ago when we were desperate for the season to begin?

I watch A LOT of games, so I'm still happy about it. With the Nats, I've become more of an individual player watcher most of the time. I've seen seasons like this benefit teams in the long run before.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #264: June 24, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
That might take a while to calculate, though. You have to add in ballpark factors. That'd be a nag. :lol:

Yeah, I dont know how they are going to get all those, seems a bit ambitious.  It would be nice though.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #265: June 24, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »
Yep, I had never been so excited for a start of a season. New stadium, new players, etc. I was even more excited and enthusiastic after our 3-0 start. Now I pretty much dread watching every single game.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #266: June 24, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »
Yep, I had never been so excited for a start of a season. New stadium, new players, etc. I was even more excited and enthusiastic after our 3-0 start. Now I pretty much dread watching every single game.

Remember AZ saying the new stadium would provide enough excitement and impetus to contend for the wild card?   :lol:

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #267: June 24, 2008, 09:45:08 PM »
Some possible moves tonight.  Bring Balester up, ship Colome and WMP out for an eight ball. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #268: June 24, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »
Some possible moves tonight.  Bring Balester up, ship Colome and WMP out for an eight ball. 

Throw Hanrahan in for a rolled up 50$ bill.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #269: June 24, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »
Remember AZ saying the new stadium would provide enough excitement and impetus to contend for the wild card?   :lol:
I thought it would have an impact as well. Ever since the 3rd game though the season has been a gigantic nightmare of epic proportions. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Like PC said earlier though, there is no relief in sight. With every game we reach a new low.

MrMadison

« Reply #271: June 24, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »
I watch A LOT of games, so I'm still happy about it. With the Nats, I've become more of an individual player watcher most of the time. I've seen seasons like this benefit teams in the long run before.

that's the approach you have to take with a team this bad.  you start paying more attention to individuals, trying to ferret out the real keepers from the throwaways.

it's the only way to keep sane with a team this bad.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #272: June 24, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »

Realistically, the only moves I think that will happen are:  Hill removed from the rotation (although I wouldnt be surprise if he was still there) and maybe Lo Duca to the DL

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #273: June 24, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
that's the approach you have to take with a team this bad.  you start paying more attention to individuals, trying to ferret out the real keepers from the throwaways.

it's the only way to keep sane with a team this bad.

QFT to both of you

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #274: June 24, 2008, 09:48:12 PM »
GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

Senor ACTA, PLEASE tell us that Hill will NOT start another game!