Author Topic: Destin Hood  (Read 7709 times)

Offline GMUTrkstar

Re: Destin Hood
« Reply #25: June 25, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »
Whats everyone's rush on Crow? The deadline is not until Aug. 15th if after Aug. 15 we still haven't signed people then we can complain. Crow was rumored to be a tough sign before we picked him so it's going to take awhile but it will get done. Plus the MLB doesn't like teams to announce above-slot deals early because that will interfere with other teams negotiation process. Crow will definetly be an above-slot guy.

Bowden was saying the same type of things when he was negotiating with Smoker and Burgess last year. He's just sending the man a message that the sooner he signs the sooner he will be in the ML.

If I'm bothered about anything in our scouting dept. right now its our lack of linkage to these International FA that will be available July 2nd. I know we have a ton of guys in the DSL and some argue the strategy of would you rather sign a lot of young guys for a little or one for a bunch. It seems like we're taking the don't put all your eggs in one basket approach. I like what I'm seeing in the DSL but I'd just like to combine that with one of the big name guys July 2nd. Btw Smiley's hitting .444 and S. Leon is hitting .455 so far in the GCL.