Author Topic: Marrero helped off injured in game vs. Winston-Salem  (Read 2550 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Even though this is pretty meaningless, the fact that Marrero is probably done for the season pretty much guarantees that he will no longer be our "top prospect" going into next season. I'd have to guess that it'll either be Burgess or Crow.

Id agree, not that I would have considered him the top prospect anyway.  I am sure it will be Burgess, maybe Crow depending on how he does once he starts pitching later this summer.

Offline ronnynat

Id agree, not that I would have considered him the top prospect anyway.  I am sure it will be Burgess, maybe Crow depending on how he does once he starts pitching later this summer.

If Zimmermann can cut down on the walks for the rest of the season, he'd be up around the top, too.

Offline JMUalumni

If Zimmermann can cut down on the walks for the rest of the season, he'd be up around the top, too.

I could see that, although they probably would not give him the love he deserves.  Sometimes I think that they let when a player was drafted get too much in the way, that is the only reason I think they will give it to Burgess.  Although, now that I think of it they were not that many picks apart, Zimmerman and Burgess.  I would also expect to see VanAllen and Alaniz make the top 10 after the way they both have been pitching this year.