Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1  (Read 11423 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 1
« Reply #275: May 28, 2008, 01:04:48 AM »
I haven't actually been anti-Bowden. But I can't deny I've been anti-Lerner/Kasten. They have to give Bowden some resources other than stockpiling the farm system. That "should" pay off down the line but in the meantime they have to give us something to hang our hats on.
Yeah, at least give us something exciting to watch. This team as currently configured is just excruciating and no fun to watch at all for the most part.  There's no excitement or passion and it starts with the manager. I'd kill to hear Manny rip or call out someone in the press conference. He says calling out players is not his "style" well his patience isn't doing crap for us. Maybe calling out players will get them to perform? Maybe not, but you'll never know unless you do it. At least show that you care.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #276: May 28, 2008, 01:06:28 AM »
Leave it to Debbi Taylor to ask penetrating questions in the post game presser :rofl:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #277: May 28, 2008, 01:08:08 AM »
Why do the postgame interviews always look so low rent?  It's like a piece of construction paper with Nats logos rolled out on a chalkboard behind Manny while the 3 or 4 MASN stooges "interview" him and there's somebody knocking on the door (repeatedly) in the background :roll:

I guess the PETCO janitor wants to hurry up and get out of there :lol:

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #278: May 28, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
btw, dukes wreaks HAVOC on the bases!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #279: May 28, 2008, 01:09:02 AM »
ughh.. Same old crap from Manny in the presser. "We have to play perfect to win.. blah blah blah. We just aren't hitting. blah blah blah." His laid back attitude is becoming increasingly disturbing. Get pissed off Manny. Do something for freak's sakes. He's too accepting of losing. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #280: May 28, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »
Why do the postgame interviews always look so low rent?  It's like a piece of construction paper with Nats logos rolled out on a chalkboard behind Manny while the 3 or 4 MASN stooges "interview" him and there's somebody knocking on the door (repeatedly) in the background :roll:

I guess the PETCO janitor wants to hurry up and get out of there :lol:

Because it is ghetto. I've never noticed the knocking though. Maybe they are doing the postgame presser in a bathroom and someone is desperately trying to get in and take a crap like our offense does every night. At least there's a James Bond movie on TV to help fill the time until I fall asleep.