Author Topic: you know the *OBVIOUS* reason why we lost todays game?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
there's no h in CRISTIAN guzman. and you call yourself a nats fan?  :roll: :P :lol:
You got him!  You definitely won this argument! :roll:

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
bump.

another lackluster loss without the best young player in baseball/best defensive player in baseball. r.z. better come back for the second game vs the padres or else this road trip is gonna get ugly. the lineup and the team is clearly not the same without #11.

maybe a long losing streak w/o r.z. will make you guys realize how valuable he is and how this team is basically nothing without him.

Offline Air Zimmerman

bump.

during r.z.'s week-off we went 2-5 and looked inept in all 5 losses. told ya this team was worthless without the best young player in baseball.

it's getting to the point where i say, just put him on the dl so the season can be officially over and we can concede.

This team is worthless with him too so it doesn't matter. He might as well rest up and get 100%, get paid for nothing.

Really, what happens when the team loses and he does come back? What are you going to say then? It doesn't count?

Offline blue911

bump.

during r.z.'s week-off we went 2-5 and looked inept in all 5 losses. told ya this team was worthless without him.

it's getting to the point where i say, just put him on the dl so the season can be officially over and we can concede.

So either the D'Backs have kryptonite or Dukes was jaking it.

Offline Air Zimmerman

bump.

the team is playing lifeless and heartless baseball. why? because zimmerman is the HEART of this team. the team is WORTHLESS without him. i tried to tell and warn you guys, but you wouldn't listen. we can't survive without him.

i originally thought we'd only be 20 games under when he returned, but it just might be 30+ games. if he has season ending surgery, we might approach the mets infamous '62 record. that's the sad situation this team is in without zimmerman.

you can't replace the best young player in baseball and the best defensive player in baseball. we can't even survive without zimmerman temporarily.

zimmerman *IS* the washington nationals.

Offline PatsNats28

bump.

the team is playing lifeless and heartless baseball. why? because zimmerman is the HEART of this team. the team is WORTHLESS without him. i tried to tell and warn you guys, but you wouldn't listen. we can't survive without him.

i originally thought we'd only be 20 games under when he returned, but it just might be 30+ games. if he has season ending surgery, we might approach the mets infamous '62 record. that's the sad situation this team is in without zimmerman.

you can't replace the best young player in baseball and the best defensive player in baseball. we can't even survive without zimmerman temporarily.

did you just call him the best young player in baseball?

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
i tried to tell and warn you guys, but you wouldn't listen.

Damn, I guess we should have listened, otherwise the Nationals would be winning.

Offline Air Zimmerman

do you guys think r.z. will have season ending surgery? i think that's a strong possibility and i almost recommend it because by time he's feeling better and ready to return, the season will already be a lost cause. it'll be a struggle to avoid losing 100+ games without zimmerman.

AnnieSavoy

bump.

Dude, you seriously crack me up!

Offline Air Zimmerman

Dude, you seriously crack me up! (Image removed from quote.)

will you be laughing when we are 30+ games under? i'm telling ya, zimmerman is the HEART of the team and when you remove him, this team is DEAD.

will you be laughing when we are 30+ games under? i'm telling ya, zimmerman is the HEART of the team and when you remove him, this team is DEAD.

Stop being retarded.

We are trying to handle the situation the best we can and come up with feasible explanations for it but meanwhile you completely make a mockery of the whole situation. I can only imagine what the lurkers of this board think when they read your worthless crap.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Then maybe when he's on the DL, you don't need to post.  I mean why post if the team is dead? 

Gad, its getting OLD AZ it really is.

Offline Skipper88

Zimmy says he'd rather rest and get back in the lineup & have surgery if needed when the season's over.  (obviously - who wouldn't?)    What if he needs surgery now?  What if he's lost for the year?  What if he's lost until late August?

First of all, this team will not be dead without Ryan Zimmerman.  We're on life support with failing vital signs already & we were that way with him in the lineup. Someone else   probably Boone   will step in at third if needed.  That's not the end of the world.    Losing a .257 hitter is not going to kill this team.  I will even allow that Zimmy would be back at his expected .280 - .285 by the All Star break. Losing a .285 hitter is not going to kill this team, because you can't kill what's already dead.  We were going to finish 4th at best this year with Zimmy and we'll finish 4th at best without him if it comes to that.

Secondly, and more importantly, if he's out the whole year  SO FREAKING WHAT?? This season was and still is going to be a developmental season, trying to grow young players like Flores and Milledge and Lannan and...God help us....Dukes.  We're not competing for the post-season and anyone who thinks were were competing until Zimmy got hurt is nuts.  So if Zimmy's out the rest of the year, what difference does it make to the season? None.  I love Zimmy, he's the best defensive player on the team & one of the very best in the league, and he's an above average hitter, this year's terrible start notwithstanding.  But get over the man crush already.   He's one player on a lousy team.

AnnieSavoy

For the record, I'm not laughing at the Nationals' futility. There's nothing even remotely funny about that. I'm laughing solely at you. I don't know if you post this stuff because you seriously believe it -- I'm a Zimmerman fan, but the stuff you post about him is truly hilarious -- or if you just post this stuff to get a reaction from people here -- and if that's the case, then you're damn good at it. Either way, you are FUNNY!