Author Topic: Buy/Sell Tickets Forum  (Read 17937 times)

TextileWolf

Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Topic Start: February 27, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
I think having a forum to allow for the buying and selling of tickets would be very helpful.  Another site has it setup to have a thread for each game and then the buying and selling is done within the thread.  This would mean that their wouldn't be 30 threads on one game.  I don't know if you looking for any help, but I would be interested in helping you with it, if you wanted.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Reply #1: February 27, 2006, 08:40:18 PM »
If it's decided that adding a a section for the buying and selling of tickets, I would suggest that ALL those involved in selling be given a grade (out of 5)  by the buyer or buyers, so that other fans could have some idea of the reliability and ethics of the person they might dealing with.

Example:
JMadisonIV: #sold = 6  Rating: 5/5 (where the 1st 5 is Comfort zone, the second Credibility
The Chief: #sold = 3  Rating: 5/5
Ken aFan: #sold = 3  Rating 2/3  (the guy was a grump and took forever to get the tickets to the buyer)

Comfort Zone (ease of being dealt with as a seller)
Credibility (prompt delivery, etc)

The rating numbers would accumulate and be averaged out. Also no seller should be given a second chance to screw someone, if it ever happens, at least not in this forum.

Question, would or should the forum get a commission, or a set fee from each ticket sold as a sort of fee for allowing the sale of tickets? (to help pay the cost of any possible extra bandwidth usage)

TextileWolf

Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Reply #2: February 27, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »
Well one way could be make 2 sections, one to buy and sale, and another to give ratings of the buy and sellers.  The thread could be username of the buyer/seller with comments related to that user under them.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Reply #3: July 08, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »
I could combine this with the "collectibles" forum idea if there is enough interest...

Nationals93

Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Reply #4: July 09, 2006, 09:33:40 AM »
buy/sell ticket section sounds good to me. Alot of other football message boards have one. Maybe even a travel/away game thread or something.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Buy/Sell Tickets Forum
« Reply #5: March 04, 2007, 03:03:26 AM »
good idea

buy/sell ticket section sounds good to me. Alot of other football message boards have one. Maybe even a travel/away game thread or something.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: March 04, 2007, 11:19:46 AM »
So would this be a child board of Off-Topic?  For those of you not familiar with child boards, the gameday section is currently a child board of General Discussion.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: March 04, 2007, 02:04:56 PM »
Ok, let's test this forum out.

We've got 1 share left (8 games x 2 seats) in our Nats ticket group, to round out our group of 10. 

Seats = Section 416, top row (9), seats 5 and 6.  These are below the concourse of the upper deck, behind home plate, on the first base side,  in perfect line with the third base line.  Total cost is $18 x 2 x 8 = $288. 

We will hold the ticket draft in two weeks on St. Patrick's day, March 17th starting at 7:30 pm.  The order of the draft will be determined by random drawing at that time, and will go 1 through 10, 10 through 1, etc. until the 80 games are selected.  There will be a seperate drawing for opening day, for anybody interested, and these tickets will be paid for separately (at the same price, $36 total).

Once you are in our group, you are in until you drop out.  In other words, you will be included in our group purchase in the new stadium in the future.  Due to my having held tickets since the beginning, we will have a very nice priority and should be able to get prime seats, within the constraints of how high we decided to spend.  At this point, most in the group would go as high as say $35 per seat, if it would give us great seats.  We are eying the club level as a desired place at this point, as it is most comparable to where we are now,and we REALLY like where we are now.

I will also add that one other prominent member of this board has also joined our group, so don't feel shy!

If anybody's interested, contact me via email or private message.  First come, first served.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #8: December 25, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »
For 2009, we have 2 tickets in section 115 (3rd base), which are 27 rows from the field and go for $50/seat (normally $65 for single game purchase) .  Looking for any partners interested in 5 or more games a year.