Author Topic: Soriano issue is a MESS  (Read 904 times)

Offline rileyn

Soriano issue is a MESS
« Topic Start: February 23, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »
I really don't see this ending very well.  The best that we can hope for is for Soriano to go to the outfield, play well, have his value increase and then trade him for young players (preferably starting pitchers).  

Anybody want to make me feel better about this?  I'm all ears.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #1: February 23, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »
^^^ What's wrong with the scenario you detailed above?  What are you afraid will happen?

Offline rileyn

Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #2: February 23, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »
As I said, that is the best we can hope for.  However, my fear is that this is not what will transpire.  I see him pouting, refusing to play the OF, hurting overall morale, and basically making the team seem even more buffoon-like if that's possible.  This has already cast a shadown over ST and now they are going to wait until he comes back from the WBC to settle it??  Come on guys.  It just doesn't seem like a good thing to have hanging over the team.

Offline Kenz aFan

Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #3: February 24, 2006, 01:48:12 AM »
If Vidro shows he's healthy, look for Soriano to be dealt to Cincinnati for a starting pitcher (prospect or otherwise) and Wily Mo Pena... Or in a bigger trade involving more than two players going from the Nats to the Reds.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #4: February 25, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like the Soriano for Wily Mo & pitcher idea.

Offline UMDNats

Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #5: March 01, 2006, 06:57:02 PM »
lets get rid of soriano for some pitching. no more position players! especially OF'ers.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #6: March 01, 2006, 07:05:27 PM »
As of now, nobody really wants the malcontent.

Offline VaNatsFan

Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #7: March 01, 2006, 09:17:17 PM »
Somebody on the John Thompson show pointed out today it is in Soriano's interest to play well this year, since it's a contract year for him. Being clubhouse poison won't help his cause.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Soriano issue is a MESS
« Reply #8: March 01, 2006, 09:50:16 PM »
Finally today, the Nats were the #1 topic on XM 175.  Dibble and Kennedy discussed the Soriano fiasco at some length, and Ronnie Lane led off his show with a recitation of many of the problems faced by the Nationals this offseason.

No lease
No owner
No decent budget
etc.

Caller #2 was "Tom from Oakton", who got in a solid rant about our TV situation as well, which Ronnie had left off his list.  I, uh, er I mean "Tom from Oakton" asked rhetorically, how would Yankees fans like it if the Mets owned 90% of their broadcast rights?  

All the other callers expressed frustration with MLB and the city council, nothing we haven't beat to death here before.