Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1  (Read 18600 times)

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1
« Reply #450: May 16, 2008, 09:52:50 PM »
that was a lackluster loss. i thought it was gonna be a smooth sailing, easy w, with the way we were hitting it hard in the first.

some positives:

dukes defense in right >>>>>>>>>> big ears. his instincts are incredible and he plays any position with what i like to call, effortless ease.

r.z.'s bat is definitely heating up!

2 of Zimm's hits were infield singles.  Nothing special. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #451: May 16, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »
We had 12 men on base tonight, but we lacked clutch hitting. I'll take 12 men on base any day from this team. Just gotta knock more in. This isn't a hang your head type of loss. Just gotta go get 'em tomorrow. We are still something like 10-8 in our last 18. That's not too shabby.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #452: May 16, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »
I haven't seen one play Dukes has made that wasn't routine.  Yes Kearns dropped that routine fly, but that happens every blue moon.  You can't blame the Mets game on him.  Church's ball was ripped and knuckle balling.  A very tough play for any outfielder.  But you're right, Kearns needs to find his bat NOW> 

dukes made a sliding catch look so simple. big ears probably would've dove like a dumbass and allowed an inside the park homer. dukes also effortlessly drifted back to catch a ball at the warning track. he also nonchalantly cruised into foul territory to catch a tailing ball.

MrMadison

« Reply #453: May 16, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
I'll say this though, Milledge is *not* a middle-of-the-order hitter.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #454: May 16, 2008, 09:55:44 PM »
...Dukes needs to find his f***ing bat though.

Please don't ask Dukes, "GOT WOOD?" 
Hand him a video game and say BASEBALL, BASEBALL!

Somebody tell Johnny Holliday to STOP wearing GREEN SUITS.  It's embarrassing!

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #455: May 16, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »
dukes made a sliding catch look so simple. big ears probably would've dove like a dumbass and allowed an inside the park homer. dukes also effortlessly drifted back to catch a ball at the warning track. he also nonchalantly cruised into foul territory to catch a tailing ball.

Dude, Dukes is the worst player on this team.  His batting average is as low as I've ever seen anyones after 20+ at bats. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #456: May 16, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »
We had 12 men on base tonight, but we lacked clutch hitting. I'll take 12 men on base any day from this team. Just gotta knock more in. This isn't a hang your head type of loss. Just gotta go get 'em tomorrow. We are still something like 10-8 in our last 18. That's not too shabby.
This is the norm for us. It's almost impossible to score runs when you only have 2 or 3 ML hitters in your lineup.  The rest belong in the Minors.  If this isn't a "hang your head" loss then I don't know what is.  How disheartening is it to score 2 runs literally 5 pitches into the game and then only score 1 over the next 9 innings?  It doesn't help that our defense gave up 3 runs which was the difference in the game. A good or even an average team wins this game by 3-4+ runs tonight.

MrMadison

« Reply #457: May 16, 2008, 09:57:46 PM »

your hypebole sickens me. why the f*ck can't you just say things without sounding like lovestruck valley girl?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #458: May 16, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »
I'll say this though, Milledge is *not* a middle-of-the-order hitter.

Definitely not at this point. I'm still curious to see what his numbers will look like at the end of the season, though. I'm not as worried about him as some of the others.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #459: May 16, 2008, 09:58:57 PM »
Jesus looks great.  Easily the best hitter on our team right now, and if Paulie Walnuts or Fat Johnny see the field again this year, there should be mutiny. 

MrMadison

« Reply #460: May 16, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »
Definitely not at this point. I'm still curious to see what his numbers will look like at the end of the season, though. I'm not as worried about him as some of the others.

I'm not either. this is called "growing pains". Milledge (and to a lesser extent, us) will just have to bear through it.

MrMadison

« Reply #461: May 16, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »
if Paulie Walnuts or Fat Johnny see the field again this year, there should be mutiny. 

one of the few things you've said that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #462: May 16, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
Jesus looks great.  Easily the best hitter on our team right now, and if Paulie Walnuts or Fat Johnny see the field again this year, there should be mutiny. 
I'm sure we'll be seeing Lo Duca soon.

Flores isn't doing enough apparently.  He's only hitting .393 with a .528 OBP.  :roll:

MrMadison

« Reply #463: May 16, 2008, 10:06:15 PM »
on the positive side, Milledge had two hits today.

yeah, they were infield hits that he beat out, but still.  it's a positive in my book.

I really do think that Milledge will perform better at the top or bottom of the order, but not in the middle.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #464: May 16, 2008, 10:07:41 PM »
Nats+Game 1 of inter league play for us+Orioles at Camden Yards= apparently a loss.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #465: May 16, 2008, 10:08:02 PM »
on the positive side, Milledge had two hits today.

yeah, they were infield hits that he beat out, but still.  it's a positive in my book.
He needs to go back to hitting in the 2 spot immediately. Milledge is terrible with RISP but he seems to do better leading off an inning or with the bases empty.

Guzman's impatience is wearing thin with me anyways. Move him down in the order and put Milledge back in the 2 spot.

MrMadison

« Reply #466: May 16, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »
He needs to go back to hitting in the 2 spot immediately. Milledge is terrible with RISP but he seems to do better leading off an inning or with the bases empty.

and you argued with me when I said this before.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #467: May 16, 2008, 10:14:41 PM »
i say the hell with dukes and millz, send them to minors for more "seasoning" and call up alex escobar  :worship: :worship: :worship: and ryan langerhans  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:.

maybe call dukes and millz back up in september, MAYBE.

an outfield consisting of big ears, rob mackowiak, willie harris, and the additions of langerhans and escobar  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: instant offensive jolt!

MrMadison

« Reply #468: May 16, 2008, 10:15:55 PM »
i say the hell with dukes and millz, send them to minors for more "seasoning" and call up alex escobar  :worship: :worship: :worship: and ryan langerhans  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:.

an outfield consisting of big ears, rob mackowiak, willie harris, and the additions of langerhans and escobar  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: instant offensive jolt!

ok, now it is time to ignore you. you are a tool.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #469: May 16, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »

:-[

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #470: May 16, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »

The funny thing is that both Langerhans and Escobar could out-hit Dukes and Pena up here and you know it. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #471: May 16, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »

The funny thing is you look like a total fool.  Dukes is hitting in the .040's.  You could duplicate that in the majors with one lucky swing. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #472: May 16, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »
Why is everyone so in love w/ Langerhans all of a sudden? That dude is a terrible hitter against ML pitchers.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #473: May 16, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
...though, I think Milledge and Dukes would be better defensively at LF and CF respectively.

In the post-game show, Acta was asked why he didn't start Dukes in CF. 
Manny: "Milledge is our center fielder." 

Asked about losing to the O's, "It was just another loss."

Manny has gotten too accustomed to losing, and poor play.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #474: May 16, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
Another positive note: The 1st place Marlins just lost their 4th straight game after sweeping us.  :?