Author Topic: Who are the lefty power hitters in our system?  (Read 749 times)

Online ronnynat

I know Jimenez is pretty close to a pure power hitter, but how many more are there? That seems like something we've been lacking for a while now. Actually, have we ever had one?

Online sportsfan882

Bill Rhinehart

Andrew LeFave

Michael Burgess

Offline blue911

Assuming you mean Nats only then there's Michael Burgess and nobody.

Online ronnynat

Bill Rhinehart

Andrew LeFave

Michael Burgess

I really hope that what Rhinehart is doing right now isn't a fluke. Those are some sick numbers he's putting up.

I think Burgess is going be great, but it'll be a while until we see him here.

Online sportsfan882

I really hope that what Rhinehart is doing right now isn't a fluke. Those are some sick numbers he's putting up.

Rhinehart really needs to be promoted.  He's hitting .331 with 13 doubles, 6 HRs, and 39 RBIs in 142 ABs.

Burgess has really good power but he's batting around .220-.230 in Low A ball. But he's still really young.

LeFave hit .345 in Low A ball last year. So far this year in AA he is not hitting for a ton of power (7 extra base hits in 85 ABs) but he is coming around. LeFave got off to a bad start this year but his average is all the way up to .259 and his OBP is up to .363.

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!

Rhinehart has not been stopped so far.  He's been kept down pretty low on the totum pole so far because they have higher prospects ahead of him.  Right now there's been nothing to suggest that Rhinehart is a fluke.

Burgess has power to spare, but he's undisciplined and I believe he has the highest SO count on the team.  And absolutely, he is very young.  He needs more time.