Author Topic: And then AZ and Sportsfan both got CHILLS OF EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2066 times)

MrMadison

Lo Duca, Estrada both on DL tomorrow; Flores up, Dukes back

Never a dull moment.

As reported earlier, Paul Lo Duca has a broken bone in his right hand. Haven't talked to him yet -- he's sitting in the clubhouse watching Twins-White Sox and looking rather depressed with a cast on his right wrist.

But the other news: Johnny Estrada will also go on the disabled list with what they're calling "ulnar neuritis" in his right elbow. "I'm done trying to just battle through," Estrada said of his balky elbow, on which he had surgery in the offseason. "I've got to look out for what's best for me and my career." He also noted: "I'm throwing changeups to second base."

The rub: Jesus Flores will be recalled from Class AAA Columbus tomorrow. Haven't talked to Manny Acta yet, but I'm guessing he'll be the starter, with Wil Nieves a two-times-a-week backup, because the organization's plans have always called for Flores to play regularly regardless of what level he's at.

The other part: Elijah Dukes will be reinstated from the disabled list tomorrow as well. Dukes hit .238 (5 for 21) at Columbus while rehabbing his strained right hamstring suffered opening night.

Remember all that talk about whether Willie Harris or Rob Mackowiak or someone else would lose a job when Dukes came back? This is why it's always dangerous to predict things a couple weeks out.

More news when I get it.

Welcome back Jesus and Elijah.

Offline ronnynat

Outsiders are gonna have no idea what this thread is about. :lol:

sportsfan might not like sharing a thread title w/ AZ either. :lol: x2

Pretty good news, though.

Offline sportsfan882

Who wouldn't be excited about getting rid of two piece of crap hacks and replacing them with two potential integral parts of our future? This move instantly makes our team better.  Anyone who cares about winning should get "Chills of Excitement" with this move.  :D

Offline Ray D

What has Dukes done to show that he is major league ready? He hit .238 at Columbus.

Offline aspenbubba

I don't know how anyone can get chills of excitement because Flores and Duke certainally didn't create them with their bats at Columbus. There was a reason why they were there if you recall.

MrMadison

What has Dukes done to show that he is major league ready? He hit .238 at Columbus.

dude, we know. we know.

*insert obligatory text messaging comment*

Offline ronnynat

I'm happy to have another power hitting threat on the roster in Dukes. The Flores move had to be made. That's the only reason he's back.

Offline xposbrad

maybe he can just hit MLB pitching

Offline sportsfan882

Flores is fine.  Even if he doesn't hit well he's still an upgrade over Lo Duca and Estrada because of his defense.  It'll be good for Jesus to come up here for a while (hopefully permanently) so he can work with the coaches and improve. 

Dukes has only had a limited number of ABs in AAA. He's done alright. It'll be interesting to get another look at him. I hope he tears it up. 

Offline Ray D

dude, we know. we know.

*insert obligatory text messaging comment*

Oh come on, I asked a legitimate question, with no reference, implied or otherwise, to any off-field issues. Get off your high horse.

Offline ronnynat

All I want from Dukes is a .250 AVG and HOMERS!

All AZ wants from Dukes is _________ <--insert what you think here

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
All I want from Dukes is a .250 AVG and HOMERS!

All AZ wants from Dukes is _________ <--insert what you think here

rooster?

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
I don't know how anyone can get chills of excitement because Flores and Duke certainally didn't create them with their bats at Columbus. There was a reason why they were there if you recall.

As for Flores, I disagree strongly.

Offline ronnynat

As for Flores, I disagree strongly.

It depends on what you disagree with. Flores was sent down to the minors for a reason, but not the same reason as Dukes.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
THE EXCRUCIATING WAIT IS OFFICIALLY OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT SO...

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :worship: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

Offline ronnynat

^ What happened to your worship smilies, AZ?

Offline Air Zimmerman

DUKES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY INSERTED INTO THE STARTING LINEUP FRIDAY OVER WILY MO!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Offline Dave B

his OBP was over .400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: actually .333. misread the columbus website

Offline Dave B

DUKES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY INSERTED INTO THE STARTING LINEUP FRIDAY OVER WILY MO!

I'd like to see if the pending competition gets Pena's ass in gear. Give him a game or two to pick it up.

Offline nats2playoffs

DUKES SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY INSERTED...

I'd say that it's the Second Coming of Elijah Dukes,
but he has 5 or 6 children by 4 or 5 different women.

HIT ONE FOR EACH ONE OF THOSE BABIES, DUKIE...

WE'RE PUTTING UP OUR DUKES!!!!!!!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Flores is fine.  Even if he doesn't hit well he's still an upgrade over Lo Duca and Estrada because of his defense.
Preach on.  Lo Duca and Estrada added absolutely nothing at the plate, so even if Flores hits like hell, he'll still be an upgrade by virtue of his defense.

Offline ronnynat

Dukie (or "Dookie" for when he's playing like, well, dookie) is officially his nickname.

Offline Air Zimmerman

DUKES WILL LEAD THE TEAM IN HOMERS IN THE MONTH OF MAY!  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

HE NEEDS TO START ASAP, PREFERABLY FRIDAY! WE CAN'T AFFORD TO KEEP WILY MO IN LEFT. HE'S AN UNCOORDINATED GOON. DUKES DOMINATES WILY MO IN EVERY ASPECT.

Offline ronnynat

DUKES WILL LEAD THE TEAM IN HOMERS IN THE MONTH OF MAY!  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

HE NEEDS TO START ASAP, PREFERABLY FRIDAY! WE CAN'T AFFORD TO KEEP WILY MO IN LEFT. HE'S AN UNCOORDINATED GOON. WILY MO HAS NO EDGE ON DUKES.

People who type in all caps are desperately seeking attention. It's sad.

Offline Air Zimmerman

People who type in all caps are desperately seeking attention. It's sad.

THESE ARE CAPS OF EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!