Author Topic: Nationals @ Astros, Game 2  (Read 18158 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

Re: Nationals @ Astros, Game 2
« Reply #300: May 07, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
I'm a paranoid individual...what if it's me?

I mean the Nats were on an 8/10 run before me and now they're 0-2 :(

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #301: May 07, 2008, 11:05:16 PM »
They were playing too shallow. It makes sense to come in a little, but at the same time if Milledge was playing further back he would have had his momentum coming forward and there would have been a play at the plate. Even if he cought that there would have been no chance to get Matsui. Oh, and is it some rule that we HAVE to walk to leadoff batter?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #302: May 07, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
SMFH.

.500 was on the horizon, but now it looks like another 9 game losing streak is on the horizon.

r.z.'s 3/4 2 homer night goes to waste

can we place lo-douche-a on the permanent dl??!?!????!

pretty lame attempt by lastings, he didn't drop it he just decided it was pointless to catch it.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #303: May 07, 2008, 11:05:29 PM »
Tie game in the 9th and Manny pitches Hanrahan and Colome instead of Rauch to try and shut things down for another inning. Who has abducted our manager?

Sophomore slump? :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #304: May 07, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
THIS TEAM IS DUMB AS freak.  MANNY IS A RETARD. 

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #305: May 07, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
Not w/ Matsui running and the angle that Milledge had to take. Unless you mean "small chance" as Matsui falling or something. :lol:
Which could happen.  That was pure laziness by Milledge.  He has to try & catch it.  You never know what could happen.  I think it is indicative of his overall attitude toward the game.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #306: May 07, 2008, 11:06:01 PM »
Not w/ Matsui running and the angle that Milledge had to take. Unless you mean "small chance" as Matsui falling or something. :lol:

As soon as that ball was put in the air, it was game over. The problem was the leadoff walk. Walks kill; leadoff walks are simply criminal.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #307: May 07, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »
WHY IN THE freak WOULD HE NOT USE RAUCH??? RAUCH HASN'T PITCHED IN freakING DAYS!!!!! NO, LET'S USE THE JACKASSES THAT CAN'T THROW STRIKES INSTEAD. 

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #308: May 07, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
Which could happen.  That was pure laziness by Milledge.  He has to try & catch it.  You never know what could happen.  I think it is indicative of his overall attitude toward the game.

Every OF in the game is going to let that go. He has no play, and he knows it. Milledge was not the problem. WalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalk s, Manny.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #309: May 07, 2008, 11:07:30 PM »
As soon as that ball was put in the air, it was game over. The problem was the leadoff walk. Walks kill; leadoff walks are simply criminal.
And a leadoff walk to Matsui, who doesn't have that great of a batting eye, is a felony.

bangzoom05

« Reply #310: May 07, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
well if Zimmerman had tripped him up or something. I know Matsui is fast as hell and Milledge doesn't have an arm like Kearns but you should always play through the very end. That was half hearted at best. This series, so far, has been a farce.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #311: May 07, 2008, 11:08:29 PM »
Tie game in the 9th and Manny pitches Hanrahan and Colome instead of Rauch to try and shut things down for another inning. Who has abducted our manager?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #312: May 07, 2008, 11:08:42 PM »
Harahan, Colome, and O'Connor are NOT Major League pitchers.  How long is it going to take our front office to realize this?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #313: May 07, 2008, 11:09:22 PM »
WHY IN THE freak WOULD HE NOT USE RAUCH??? RAUCH HASN'T PITCHED IN freakING DAYS!!!!! NO, LET'S USE THE JACKASSES THAT CAN'T THROW STRIKES INSTEAD. 

Agreed. Rauch would have been the right choice, but Hanrahan starting the inning over Colome was the right choice between the two, IMO.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #314: May 07, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »
Every OF in the game is going to let that go. He has no play, and he knows it. Milledge was not the problem. WalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalksWalk s, Manny.
I didn't say he was the problem.  I clearly know what the problem was.  I'm saying it is indicative of his lazy, give up attitude.  I want guys who go balls out 100% of the time no matter the odds on my team.   Not guys who loaf in on singles and turn them into doubles and such.   

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #315: May 07, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »
And a leadoff walk to Matsui, who doesn't have that great of a batting eye, is a felony.

Not to mention last night's decision to IBB Towels with two outs to get to the pitcher. Awful.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #316: May 07, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »
Agreed. Rauch would have been the right choice, but Hanrahan starting the inning over Colome was the right choice between the two, IMO.
Hanrahan is freaking gross.  I really don't give a freak that he has potential and can strike people out because he has ZERO control. This is why he has been in the Minors for his entire career.  Get his ass out of here. Let someone other team worry about him. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #317: May 07, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
I didn't say he was the problem.  I clearly know what the problem was.  I'm saying it is indicative of his lazy, give up attitude.  I want guys who go balls out 100% of the time no matter the odds on my team.   Not guys who loaf in on singles and turn them into doubles and such.   
Yeah, Milledge is really pissing me off.  He is a terrible baseball player. No wonder the Mets got rid of him.

Offline LetsGoNats

« Reply #318: May 07, 2008, 11:12:29 PM »
Yeah, Milledge is really pissing me off.  He is a terrible baseball player. No wonder the Mets got rid of him.
And Church is looking great...I hope that doesn't continue.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #319: May 07, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »
This almost looked like one of those games where they let a bunch of guys have their swan song before being ditched. I have my fingers crossed that Jimbo has some moves coming. The thought of O'Connor starting at all is disgusting at this point. The thought of him getting behind every Marlins hitter is simply ridiculous. He may not escape the first inning.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #320: May 07, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »
This almost looked like one of those games where they let a bunch of guys have their swan song before being ditched. I have my fingers crossed that Jimbo has some moves coming. The thought of O'Connor starting at all is disgusting at this point. The thought of him getting behind every Marlins hitter is simply ridiculous. He may not escape the first inning.
Ugh, freak they moved him to Saturday. I am going to that game. That game is going to be awful. O'Connor VS Miller.  yuck.  O'Connor is infuriating in relief, I can only imagine how hideous it will be to see him starting. 

bangzoom05

« Reply #321: May 07, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »
We looked like the bad news bears out there tonight. It was sad all the way around. I don't understand.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #322: May 07, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »
And Church is looking great...I hope that doesn't continue.

Church was our most productive OF last season. And he was the hottest hitter for the first part of the season until Harris showed up. There's no surprise that Church is being productive. He was the whole time with us. But Milledge has been productive for us and he is almost a year younger than Zimmerman.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #323: May 07, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »
Bergmann, Clippard, Sanches, and Schroder are all looking really good right now.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #324: May 07, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »
Hold up. Why was Perez taken out so early? I missed that.