Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417325 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1725: September 30, 2011, 12:13:59 AM »
My name is Tim, I'm from Texas. I've been a Nats fan since they moved to Washington, not really sure why.

Hey, you're stealing my shtick! I'm from Texas (see name - though I live in San Antonio) and I've been a Nats fan since March 2005, for pretty much no good reason.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1726: September 30, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »
Bahaha, I'm actually from San Antonio as well, I go to school in Austin.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1727: September 30, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
I've got a few friends at UT & UT Law.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1728: September 30, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and decided to join up. My name is Tim, I'm from Texas. I've been a Nats fan since they moved to Washington, not really sure why. But I've really got into them in the last couple of years. I had MLB.tv for the second half of this season, and that was phenomenal as an out of market fan. See you guys on the boards!

Your name is Tim?  Any relation to this guy?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1729: September 30, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »
The bigger question is, Is there a Lego Minifig for it!

Offline MiNatFan

« Reply #1730: October 16, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »
Hello all.

I'm Mike from Michigan. I've always lived in an 'American League' city so I never thought I'd end up a Nats fan but I went to DC on vacation a couple years ago and fell in love with the city and subsequently the Nats. I went to about 7 Nats games this past year (2 vacations in DC) and watched another 50 or so on MLB.TV
I just discovered this forum and look forward to being here.
Go NATS!!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1731: October 16, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Hello all.

I'm Mike from Michigan. I've always lived in an 'American League' city so I never thought I'd end up a Nats fan but I went to DC on vacation a couple years ago and fell in love with the city and subsequently the Nats. I went to about 7 Nats games this past year (2 vacations in DC) and watched another 50 or so on MLB.TV
Go NATS!!

Hey Mike!

I lived in Canton (outside Detroit) from 2001-2005. Not the best years to pull for the Tigers - but I vacationed to DC in March '05 and became a Nats fan the same way you did. Welcome!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1732: October 16, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »
There are more than a fair number of posters here who are AL guys who have the Nats as their NL team.  Welcome! 

What do you think of the Verlander / Strasburg comparisons?  Admittedly, they are at different stages of their careers, but in terms of stuff and stature?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1733: October 16, 2011, 09:28:25 PM »
Hello all.

Go NATS!!

welcome!  Hopefully you are enjoying the Lions' resurgence as well (even with today's tough loss).

Offline pujols1

« Reply #1734: October 30, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Hello, new here, big MLB fan mostly Indians...lol and creator of free agent tracking site tracking Albert Pujols off season http://www.albertpujolsfreeagent2012.com/

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1735: October 30, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
Hello, new here, big MLB fan mostly Indians...lol and creator of free agent tracking site tracking Albert Pujols off season http://www.albertpujolsfreeagent2012.com/

Welcome.   Are you in the Cleveland area?

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1736: October 30, 2011, 11:54:04 PM »
Welcome to all (from a rare actual DC native born here 63 or so years ago).  Was stationed at San Antonio (Brooke Army Med Ctr) for a while back in the 60's. Loved San Antonio; hated Texas. Welcome.

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #1737: November 09, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
Greetings from Nationals Park! If anyone has a question or a concern about your visit to Nationals Park please feel free to share it with me!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1738: November 09, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »
Greetings from Nationals Park! If anyone has a question or a concern about your visit to Nationals Park please feel free to share it with me!

:lol:

Welcome, CSMGR.  I suspect you may get a workout here.  Thanks for joining, and allow me to be the first.

Why can't the selection of quality beers - and I'm talking microbrews here - be expanded to allow more locations and selections throughout the park?

Yeah, I know all about the agreement with MillerCoors  :spaz:, but the Nats are in the drivers' seat here - they can structure those contracts anyway they want to to allow for more diverse options.  One need look no further than that other club immediately to our north, who seem to have no trouble bringing in a wide variety of niche offerings. 

I know there is a limited selection of quality products available in the Red Porch, but in my opinion the club can, and should, do better.  My two cents...

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #1739: November 10, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »

Welcome to the board NATSCSMGR.
I just wanted to pass along a pat on the back to all the ushers, wait staff and runners that take care of us in the lower half of the Red Porch

....just wish they had more reliable credit card scanners to work with, but give them credit for battling through the adversity.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #1740: November 10, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »

Chief:

I know this is a new poster, but a "sticky" thread with Nats Park themed questions answered by this new poster might be warranted.

And welcome to NATSCSMGR.

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #1741: November 10, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »

:lol:

Welcome, CSMGR.  I suspect you may get a workout here.  Thanks for joining, and allow me to be the first.

Why can't the selection of quality beers - and I'm talking microbrews here - be expanded to allow more locations and selections throughout the park?

Yeah, I know all about the agreement with MillerCoors  :spaz:, but the Nats are in the drivers' seat here - they can structure those contracts anyway they want to to allow for more diverse options.  One need look no further than that other club immediately to our north, who seem to have no trouble bringing in a wide variety of niche offerings. 

I know there is a limited selection of quality products available in the Red Porch, but in my opinion the club can, and should, do better.  My two cents...

Thank you for the welcome! I will look into this and I'll post a reponse as soon as I find out the answer!

Offline NATSCSMGR

« Reply #1742: November 10, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
Welcome to the board NATSCSMGR.
I just wanted to pass along a pat on the back to all the ushers, wait staff and runners that take care of us in the lower half of the Red Porch

....just wish they had more reliable credit card scanners to work with, but give them credit for battling through the adversity.

Thank you for the welcome, I forwared your post to our Guest Services Senior Manager!  As far as the scanners are concerned we are aware of the problem and are working on a solution for next season!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #1743: November 10, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Thank you for the welcome! I will look into this and I'll post a reponse as soon as I find out the answer!

The lack of quality microbrews is a broad compliant. I wouldn't want you to think it was just one poster. In my case, 312 is far too limited.

Offline DC202ALLDAY

« Reply #1744: November 16, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
Hey, new to the site.  Not new to Nats message boards.  Have posted under different names at BPG.com, the Nats.com site, natsfanatics.com (not sure if they still exist).....hopefully this site will stick around and be more active than the others.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1745: November 16, 2011, 11:02:42 AM »
Hey, new to the site.  Not new to Nats message boards.  Have posted under different names at BPG.com, the Nats.com site, natsfanatics.com (not sure if they still exist).....hopefully this site will stick around and be more active than the others.

Welcome.     We're like the "runs".    We stick around and are active.    Lots of good seam heads on the board and a few of us smartasses.   Always a good "conversation" going on.    Come on in, the water's fine.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1746: November 16, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »

Welcome.  Havent been on Natfanatics for ages!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1747: November 16, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »
been here for 6.5 years now, no plans on shutting down that i know of ;)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1748: November 17, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »
been here for 6.5 years now, no plans on shutting down that i know of
There's always an extinction risk when the board is run by a dinosaur in a trash can.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1749: November 18, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »
Not with warriors to protect him: