Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 160423 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
Hi! Newbie here...I've been lurking for a little while, so I thought I'd take the plunge and register. Nice place you've got here!

Welcome AnnieSavoy, I'm surprised that you lurked for a while and STILL decided to join in.   :lol:

Glad you did anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 56722
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Welcome AnnieSavoy, I'm surprised that you lurked for a while and STILL decided to join in.   :lol:

Glad you did anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

Maybe that's what was so appealing :lol:

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
Maybe that's what was so appealing :lol:

She's probably the tip of the iceberg.  The other 90% get the hell out before being associated with us, so the remaining 10% must have issues to work out.   :stupid: Not that there's anything wrong with that.   :-[

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 56722
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I didn't want to assume AnnieSavoy was a woman :lol:

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 30151
    • http://www.wnff.net
I didn't know we had a "reputation" here.

Offline AnnieSavoy

  • Posts: 156
  • waiting for improvement...getting impatient
    • my blog
Welcome, AnnieSavoy! I pretty much became a Nats fan the same way.

Awesome avatar!

Thanks for the welcome and the avatar comment. I wanted something a little different for my av, so I made that one.

Welcome AnnieSavoy, I'm surprised that you lurked for a while and STILL decided to join in.   :lol:

Glad you did anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

:lol: Thanks!

She's probably the tip of the iceberg.  The other 90% get the hell out before being associated with us, so the remaining 10% must have issues to work out.   :stupid: Not that there's anything wrong with that.   :-[

Issues? Me? Nah. The voices in my head told me to join. ;)

I didn't want to assume AnnieSavoy was a woman :lol:

If I was a male, I might have registered as Crash Davis instead of Annie Savoy. :icon_mrgreen:

Offline CALSGR8

  • Posts: 11478
  • BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Welcome Annie!

As you can see, I'm a Cal Ripken fan.  I also LOVE the film Bull Durham.  Its one of my favorites.

Just tell these guys to remember to breath thru the correct eyelid!  :lol:   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline AnnieSavoy

  • Posts: 156
  • waiting for improvement...getting impatient
    • my blog
Just tell these guys to remember to breath thru the correct eyelid!  :lol:   :icon_mrgreen:

Right. And the rose goes in the front! :icon_mrgreen:

Offline CALSGR8

  • Posts: 11478
  • BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Right. And the rose goes in the front! :icon_mrgreen:

 :rofl:

Good one!

By the way for anyone who went to HS in Montgomey County, I went to WJ.  Hmmm.  Some members of this board should know what WJ stands for!

Offline AnnieSavoy

  • Posts: 156
  • waiting for improvement...getting impatient
    • my blog
By the way for anyone who went to HS in Montgomey County, I went to WJ.  Hmmm.  Some members of this board should know what WJ stands for!



[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline natsfan1a

  • Posts: 6512
Welcome, Annie, from another female forum member (and Bull Durham fan).

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
I didn't want to assume AnnieSavoy was a woman :lol:

CALSGR8 was widely believed to be male until she decided to "out" herself.  I tend to accept the profile information at face value unless other evidence emerges, though many posters have no profile information to go on.    There is no telling what other posters might be maintaining discretion, among that subset of posters nobody from WNFF has ever met.  (Dave B = Debbie?   ;))

I do know for sure of one prominent poster here whose gender is universally mistaken,   :rofl:  :clap:  and if there's one, they are likely more.

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 56722
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
CALSGR8 was widely believed to be male until she decided to "out" herself. 

That's pretty funny, although I always thought it was obvious CALSGR8 was a woman. I did think she was older though. But there were a couple that threw me off and still do :?  (AZ being the most conspicuous  ;))



I do know for sure of one prominent poster here whose gender is universally mistaken,   :rofl:  :clap:  and if there's one, they are likely more.

I know who this is....

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
I know who this is....

I would doubt you know the one I know, maybe you know a different one?  Maybe I drank too much and blabbed it?

Anyway, the one I know wishes to remain in the closet until the timing is right, so nothing from me.  If you want to PM me with a first initial I'd confirm or deny, however. 

Offline blue911

  • Posts: 17468
Are you hinting that AZ is male?

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 56722
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Are you hinting that AZ is male?

:shock:  :rofl:

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
Are you hinting that AZ is male?

Damn, I didn't think anybody could figure that one out.

Offline natsfan1a

  • Posts: 6512
I also tend to accept profile information at face value and to assume the best. Thus, I assume that Annie is a woman and a new poster rather than somebody posing as a woman and/or as a new poster (because how over-the-top would that be? ;) ). Some women (or men, for that matter) might choose to maintain discretion online for security/privacy reasons.

I tend to accept the profile information at face value unless other evidence emerges, though many posters have no profile information to go on. There is no telling what other posters might be maintaining discretion, among that subset of posters nobody from WNFF has ever met.  (Dave B = Debbie?   ;))

The membership list and stats would seem to indicate that plenty of people are members but do not post often. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as you say. ;)

She's probably the tip of the iceberg.  The other 90% get the hell out before being associated with us, so the remaining 10% must have issues to work out.   :stupid: Not that there's anything wrong with that.   :-[

Offline natsfan1a

  • Posts: 6512
And they say that we women are gossips. Now I know not to tell Tom any secrets. ;) As Jean de la Fontaine said: "Nothing is more dangerous than a friend without discretion; even a prudent enemy is preferable."


Anyway, the one I know wishes to remain in the closet until the timing is right, so nothing from me.  If you want to PM me with a first initial I'd confirm or deny, however. 

Offline Minty Fresh

  • Posts: 17608
  • Let's Do This
I would doubt you know the one I know, maybe you know a different one?  Maybe I drank too much and blabbed it?

Anyway, the one I know wishes to remain in the closet until the timing is right, so nothing from me.  If you want to PM me with a first initial I'd confirm or deny, however. 

I'm pretty certain I know this one.  I'd even be willing to bet that I have met this poster face to face.  I will say that I was completely SHOCKED - never would've guessed it.


Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
I'm pretty certain I know this one.  I'd even be willing to bet that I have met this poster face to face.  I will say that I was completely SHOCKED - never would've guessed it.



 ;)


Offline CALSGR8

  • Posts: 11478
  • BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I didn't out myself.  Someone else did.  No Outing, unless we meet at a tailgate or something!


And yes Annie, you're right about WJ!  How cool to be a baseball fan and going there!   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 18829
I never said whether I was a male or female. 

It doesn't really matter, since "Life finds a way",
as Doctor Ian Malcolm runs away like a little girl...
(SCHMUCK!)


Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28959
  • Hell yes!
I never said whether I was a male or female. 

It doesn't really matter, since "Life finds a way",
as Doctor Ian Malcolm runs away like a little girl...
(SCHMUCK!)

(Image removed from quote.)


 :rofl:

Your avatar seems every bit the smart alecky, mischievous boy, but tomboys abound.



That picture, that's got to be Jurassic Park.  I've never seen the movie  :-[  not particularly being a fan of the scary movie genre, but that was one superb book.