Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415063 times)

Offline Bookman

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2925: August 10, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
New and have no idea how to find anything.  Will just watch until I learn.  Might be too old to learn how to follow all this info.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2926: August 10, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »
New and have no idea how to find anything.  Will just watch until I learn.  Might be too old to learn how to follow all this info.

This is the Gameday Thread:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?board=46.0

If you can't find it, you can refer to the aforementioned thread before/during every game.

PS   There are some threads you'll be better off not finding.     :)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2927: August 10, 2018, 11:17:25 AM »

this took me a while to learn, but click on the nationals logo in the top right hand corner of the site, it will load your unread threads.  You can then easily view what interests you (and mark everything else as read)

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
« Reply #2928: August 10, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
this took me a while to learn, but click on the nationals logo in the top right hand corner of the site, it will load your unread threads.  You can then easily view what interests you (and mark everything else as read)

The fact this site includes a "mark all threads as read" mechanism makes things more manageable.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2929: August 10, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
New here so still trying to learn to navigate around.  So many topics.  Trying to see area where comments are made on current days games.  Looks like this will be a worthwhile spot.
every game has a game day thread, so we isolate those in a separate part of the main "Clubhouse" board.  Look at the top of the Clubhouse and there's a link to the game day thread section.

If it is a general baseball topic not specific to the Nats, it is in the "Out of Town Scoreboard" section. Not a great name for it.  That is also were we have a thread for posts about former Nats.  "The Farm" is about minor league news.  In The Farm, there are threads for most of the major prospects linked through one thread at the top, the "follow the prospects" master thread. 

for non-baseball stuff, the threads are in the Red Loft section.

Offline Beep6610

« Reply #2930: February 04, 2019, 02:43:50 PM »
Hey y'all! I'm Brooke, a transplant from upstate NY currently living in Burke VA. My husband and I grew up both liking baseball, and after moving to the DC area in 2011, we became quick Nats fans. We've been season ticket holders since 2013. We've welcomed two babies since then, Emilia Harper (2015) and Reagan Elizabeth (2018). The girls are now unwilling Nationals fans, also.

If you're looking for some great seats in LF corner or the outfield, let me know! We're selling off as many tickets as possible this season because we found it too hard to make it out a ton of games last year with the two littles. Willing to take a loss up front if that means I'm not stressing about getting rid of games weekly during the season. I posted up in the "tickets for sale" thread, too.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2931: February 04, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »
Welcome, Brooke! Give it a couple years, those girls will love spending summers at the ballpark!

Offline imref

« Reply #2932: February 04, 2019, 02:52:18 PM »
Welcome Brooke!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2933: February 04, 2019, 03:04:49 PM »
Hey y'all! I'm Brooke, a transplant from upstate NY currently living in Burke VA. My husband and I grew up both liking baseball, and after moving to the DC area in 2011, we became quick Nats fans. We've been season ticket holders since 2013. We've welcomed two babies since then, Emilia Harper (2015) and Reagan Elizabeth (2018). The girls are now unwilling Nationals fans, also.

If you're looking for some great seats in LF corner or the outfield, let me know! We're selling off as many tickets as possible this season because we found it too hard to make it out a ton of games last year with the two littles. Willing to take a loss up front if that means I'm not stressing about getting rid of games weekly during the season. I posted up in the "tickets for sale" thread, too.

Welcome Brooke and family

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2934: February 04, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2935: February 04, 2019, 05:53:41 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2936: February 04, 2019, 06:14:40 PM »
Welcome Brooke.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2937: February 06, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
Welcome Brooke - please don't let the periodic insanity on here effect your love of the Nats.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2938: February 06, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »
Welcome Brooke - please don't let the periodic insanity on here effect your love of the Nats.
Periodic?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2939: February 06, 2019, 01:25:06 PM »
And eventually they'll be among the hip young adults hanging at the bar in LF.

No wait, that's not the encouragement Brooke wants, is it.

Welcome, Brooke! Give it a couple years, those girls will love spending summers at the ballpark!

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO
« Reply #2940: February 08, 2019, 08:30:54 AM »
Greeting WNFF...Long time lurker here but finally made the leap to member.  Been a baseball fan my whole life, grew up an O's fan just outside of DC (Cal was my hero), my dad used to be a Senators usher at Griffith Stadium, became a Nats fan when they moved here, became a HUGE Nats fan as my son got older and fell in love with baseball and #34, and went all in a several years ago as a Nats season tix holder.  Been enjoying the ride (minus the game 5 loses...)  Anyway, Cheers!

~ Rugby

Offline imref

« Reply #2941: February 08, 2019, 08:45:18 AM »
Greeting WNFF...Long time lurker here but finally made the leap to member.  Been a baseball fan my whole life, grew up an O's fan just outside of DC (Cal was my hero), my dad used to be a Senators usher at Griffith Stadium, became a Nats fan when they moved here, became a HUGE Nats fan as my son got older and fell in love with baseball and #34, and went all in a several years ago as a Nats season tix holder.  Been enjoying the ride (minus the game 5 loses...)  Anyway, Cheers!

~ Rugby

welcome!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2942: February 08, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »

~ Rugby

Welcome

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2943: February 08, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »
Welcome Rugby.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #2944: March 15, 2019, 09:16:55 AM »
Welcome Brooke, Rugby and any other recent new members to this Natastic community.

Been a while since I've even looked at this thread. I wasn't sure if I had even introduced myself way back whenever I joined (which was 21 Mar 2012). My intro post is #1881 posted 21 Mar 2012 approx 04:27 pm. Since that post I'm not as much of an O's fan as I was then. I barely know any of their players anymore. Well since whatshisname left and finally signed with the Padres.  :hysterical:

Oh BTW for those who are interested I am the one who has been keeping up with the "Season Series Tracker" posts for the last couple of years. It is a fun little stats type post that was started by someone else some years back and I adopted it one year when it appeared to be abandoned. Those posts are posted during the regular season (and the occasional post-season) and track the individual series as the season goes along. It gets updated upon the completion of each series, not after each game. Those postponed and rescheduled games get things a bit confusing and out of order for a little bit but things work out at the end of the season.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2945: March 15, 2019, 11:17:38 AM »
Should be super easy. They haven't made any moves. :)

Since that post I'm not as much of an O's fan as I was then. I barely know any of their players anymore.

Offline carlosdelvaca

« Reply #2946: March 25, 2019, 10:49:27 AM »
Hiiiiiii, everybody. SPH since 2005, currently on a 20-gamer in section 312. Long-time Nats tweeter (@carlosdelvaca) and long-ago occasional game recap blogger. Avid bobblehead collector (if you have an extra ticket for the Soto or Zimmerman bobblehad games, please advise). I have been to 39 major league ballparks, past and present; only have four left. Planning on seeing the Nats in Atlanta in early September.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #2947: March 25, 2019, 10:50:40 AM »
Hiiiiiii, everybody. SPH since 2005, currently on a 20-gamer in section 312. Long-time Nats tweeter (@carlosdelvaca) and long-ago occasional game recap blogger. Avid bobblehead collector (if you have an extra ticket for the Soto or Zimmerman bobblehad games, please advise). I have been to 39 major league ballparks, past and present; only have four left. Planning on seeing the Nats in Atlanta in early September.

Welcome!

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #2948: March 25, 2019, 10:11:15 PM »
Welcome.

Offline flyingdonut

• I'm just here for the RCR codes
« Reply #2949: April 04, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Hi there. Long time lurker. STH since 2005. Been to every bad home loss. Section 116/Row L.