Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415028 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2900: April 20, 2018, 01:59:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm David and I live in Alexandria. I'm originally from SC and we moved here in 2012. As a SC kid, I grew up as a Braves/Dale Murphy fan. But as I got older, my interest in the Braves (and MLB in general) waned over the years. That is, until we moved to NOVA and now have a pro team in our backyard. It's great and we have really enjoyed adopting the Nats as our home team.   

Go Nats!

Welcome

Offline deathvalleydoc

« Reply #2901: April 20, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
Welcome! I grew up in SC (Aiken) and we became Braves fan by default because of WTBS. But like you, I’ve become a Nats fan since moving up here. It’s been great. Where in SC are you from?

Hey Blue - I grew up in York, and also lived in Charleston for ~ 13 years before moving here.

Offline catocony

« Reply #2902: April 20, 2018, 04:23:34 PM »
Hi all.  MLB refugee.  I was responsible for Bob Carpenter coming to the MLB board - is he on here yet?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2903: April 20, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
Hey Blue - I grew up in York, and also lived in Charleston for ~ 13 years before moving here.

I lived in Charleston for 9 years as well. On James Island.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2904: April 20, 2018, 04:25:45 PM »
Hi all.  MLB refugee.  I was responsible for Bob Carpenter coming to the MLB board - is he on here yet?

He'd take a short look around and blow.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2905: April 20, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
I lived in Charleston for 9 years as well. On James Island.

Wife's from the  "Old Village" of Mount Pleasant.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2906: April 26, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »
He'd take a short look around and blow.

He put up with the toxic negativity of the MLB board for years. Largely, I would guess, by sticking to his own thread and not reading too much of the other stuff. The LoD folks have nothing on the majority of the posts on the MLB forum.

Hey everyone,

Born and raised in the D.C. suburbs (Maryland side) and have been a fan since the inception in 2005. Father grew up in D.C. and goes back to the 1st Senators team so I had D.C. baseball in my blood even before the Nats got here. Been a wild ride for 13+ seasons and looking forward to many more to come.

Jeff

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Hey everyone,

Born and raised in the D.C. suburbs (Maryland side) and have been a fan since the inception in 2005. Father grew up in D.C. and goes back to the 1st Senators team so I had D.C. baseball in my blood even before the Nats got here. Been a wild ride for 13+ seasons and looking forward to many more to come.

Jeff

Welcome, Jeff!

Offline sec 131

Hi y'all.
Refugee from MLB. Live in Fairfax. STH since '05. I manage to get to about 20- 25 games a year and share the rest with partners. I try never to miss a pitch. If I'm not at Nats Park, I'm parked in front of the TV.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Hi y'all.
Refugee from MLB. Live in Fairfax. STH since '05. I manage to get to about 20- 25 games a year and share the rest with partners. I try never to miss a pitch. If I'm not at Nats Park, I'm parked in front of the TV.

Welcome...join us at WNFFM&G2

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=36103.0

Offline mitlen

Hi y'all.
Hey everyone,

Jeff

Welcome

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Hey everyone,

Jeff

Welcome...join us at WNFFM&G2

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=36103.0

Offline GburgNatsFan

Where are you in Gaithersburg? I'm in the Goshen area, bordering on Laytonsville and Germantown.

Hey everyone,

Jeff

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
« Reply #2914: August 09, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »
Greetings, everyone.

I've been following the Nats since moving to the area since 2016. I watched a lot of games on TV but never made it out to games until recently. Found this forum recently and figured I'd join the conversation.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2915: August 09, 2018, 02:46:32 PM »
Greetings, everyone.

I've been following the Nats since moving to the area since 2016. I watched a lot of games on TV but never made it out to games until recently. Found this forum recently and figured I'd join the conversation.

Welcome to WNFF...

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2916: August 09, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
welcome

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2917: August 09, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
Greetings, everyone.

Welcome!

I'm curious - how do people come across this forum?  We want more people, I think, but because this is a low budget, part-time, non-business, I think people can only find it if you do a google search.  We don't have a twitter link or anything else like that, and we don't have an ad anywhere.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2918: August 09, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »
Greetings, everyone.

Welcome

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2919: August 09, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Nice to meet you.

Greetings, everyone.

Offline Panther Modern

« Reply #2920: August 09, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »
Thanks, all.

I think people can only find it if you do a google search.

That was exactly the case. The pictures from the recent meet-and-greet event gave the impression this is a local group. I like that.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2921: August 09, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »
Thanks, all.

That was exactly the case. The pictures from the recent meet-and-greet event gave the impression this is a local dysfunctional group. I like that.

FIFY...  ;)

You'll have to join us at the next one...

Offline Panther Modern

« Reply #2922: August 09, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »
FIFY...  ;)

You'll have to join us at the next one...

Hah! Nice one. I'm down, if my schedule allows it.

Offline Bookman

« Reply #2923: August 10, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »
New here so still trying to learn to navigate around.  So many topics.  Trying to see area where comments are made on current days games.  Looks like this will be a worthwhile spot.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2924: August 10, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
New here so still trying to learn to navigate around.  So many topics.  Trying to see area where comments are made on current days games.  Looks like this will be a worthwhile spot.

Look under Gameday Threads in the HOME menu and pick the game for that day.    GDT are usually posted an hour or so before game time.    Occasionally, they come up a few minutes after the game starts.

Welcome