Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415042 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2875: March 25, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
Phil from Springfield - impelled to migrate from the now defunct MLB Message Boards (phil62175).  Happy to be a serious Nationals fan.  Like the Wizards.  Don't care about the Redskins.  Duke alum ('83) -- just say 'yes' to Duke basketball!!! 

On the MLB Message board, the conclusion most of us reached (for better or worse) is that Nats management is being super frugal at this time, even in a buyers' free agent market.  Money is definitely an object.

Welcome

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2876: March 25, 2018, 02:04:07 PM »
Welcome, Phil...looks like you grew an inch taller but maintained your weight...  ;)

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #2877: March 25, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »
"...looks like you grew an inch taller..."

Thanks for the welcome.  Just the opposite.  I was 6'3' 21 years ago -- now I'm 6'2'.  It happens to most of us.  Luckily my posture is sound, otherwise it might be down to 6'1'.  :)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2878: March 29, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
Just approved three new members - apologies for my tardiness, it's been a busy week :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2879: March 29, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »
Just approved three new members - apologies for my tardiness, it's been a busy week :)

It really is awful what MLB did to the folks on those forums.  Sure, for some fans (like Nationals fans, of course   :P ) there is a ready alternative.  But imagine you get laid off suddenly and have to move to a new city and build social contacts anew, that's an analogy that's running through my mind.  Not a perfect fit, but still.  You'd think they would have have had the decency to give users some notice.  30 days or something like that.

This forum exists in large part however due to MLB's failure to properly govern those sites anyway (or operate them for the benefit of users, versus the clubs themselves).

Offline miket14

« Reply #2880: March 30, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »

I would be one of them.

Hello all, someone recommended this site Football's Future, so glad to be here. Huge Nats fan, always love a Curly W.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2881: March 30, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »
I would be one of them.

Hello all, someone recommended this site Football's Future, so glad to be here. Huge Nats fan, always love a Curly W.

Welcome!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2882: March 30, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »
I would be one of them.

Welcome

Offline ToddGack

« Reply #2883: March 30, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
I'm a big fan of Washington Baseball and couldn't care less about what happened in Montreal.
I will admit that I don't know that much about baseball but I do think the Nats will win the Super Bowl this year.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2884: March 30, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »
I'm a big fan of Washington Baseball and couldn't care less about what happened in Montreal.
I will admit that I don't know that much about baseball but I do think the Nats will win the Super Bowl this year.

Welcome to the Wizards' board.    :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2885: March 30, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
New members, don't hesitate to visit the game thread in progress.  A chance to vent with your new homies.

Offline Paris

« Reply #2886: April 02, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
I joined the forum some time ago, but seldom posted here. Now that the MLB forums are gone -- it's a shame what they done -- I'll be here more often.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2887: April 02, 2018, 11:44:20 AM »
I joined the forum some time ago, but seldom posted here. Now that the MLB forums are gone -- it's a shame what they done -- I'll be here more often.

Glad to have you back...  :thumbs:

Offline Citizen416

« Reply #2888: April 09, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »
Not if our goalie doesn't step up to the plate and block the penalty kicks.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #2889: April 10, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »
I don't think I ever posted in here.

My name is Greg. I am in Newark Delaware. Born in Seaford Delaware.

My father and uncles grew up with Delino Deshields. My grandmother used to make them pancakes. They said he was really good at basketball too, and that he could dunk in high school. Obviously I wasn't there but heard those stories. I never met him but grew up with family members of his. If I ever meet him I will ask him about those stories.

But thats not why I am a Nationals fan. I was never an expos fan.

I never had a team. A rebellious child I didn't like Baltimore or Philly like others. I didn't have a team. I wanted to like Baltimore because I like Cal Ripken Jr. But I never felt a fan relationship with that team, just certain players. When Expos decided to move to D.C., I think I identified with the team. If anyone remembers, there was a fight to get them here. Some didn't want a Baseball team. I felt like an unwanted child growing up. So I finally found my team.

I have a beautiful amazing wife. She is a nuclear engineer. Very talented. I am incredibly blessed to have met her. We have to wonderful children. Finley she is 5 years old this month. Sterling he is 17 months this month. Baby #3 is in the oven.

I just recently started learning guitar. I have a Fender Strat. I love cars. I drive a Charger SRT 392.

I watch most Nationals games. I have Directv only for MASN.

Offline Bubble Belly

« Reply #2890: April 19, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Ron and have lived in MD for all of my 54 years. Follow all of the local teams and the Nats since they moved here. I've read this board as a visitor for a couple of years and decided to jump in. Love the humor and smart remarks on here.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2891: April 19, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Ron and have lived in MD for all of my 54 years. Follow all of the local teams and the Nats since they moved here. I've read this board as a visitor for a couple of years and decided to jump in. Love the humor and smart remarks on here.
Cool.  Welcome aboard.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2892: April 19, 2018, 08:56:06 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Welcome, Ron...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2893: April 19, 2018, 09:04:11 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Welcome

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2894: April 20, 2018, 03:29:21 AM »
Hi Greg.  Welcome to a mix of friendly helpful Nats fans and a few trouble makers who can't find good comments to make about anything.  There's lots of insights shared on here and those aren't limited to baseball.

My father and uncles grew up with Delino Deshields. My grandmother used to make them pancakes. They said he was really good at basketball too, and that he could dunk in high school. Obviously I wasn't there but heard those stories. I never met him but grew up with family members of his. If I ever meet him I will ask him about those stories.

I never had a team. A rebellious child I didn't like Baltimore or Philly like others. I didn't have a team. I wanted to like Baltimore because I like Cal Ripken Jr. But I never felt a fan relationship with that team, just certain players. When Expos decided to move to D.C., I think I identified with the team. If anyone remembers, there was a fight to get them here. Some didn't want a Baseball team. I felt like an unwanted child growing up. So I finally found my team.

I have a beautiful amazing wife. She is a nuclear engineer. Very talented. I am incredibly blessed to have met her. We have to wonderful children. Finley she is 5 years old this month. Sterling he is 17 months this month. Baby #3 is in the oven.

I just recently started learning guitar. I have a Fender Strat. I love cars. I drive a Charger SRT 392.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2895: April 20, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »
Hi Greg.  Welcome to a mix of friendly helpful Nats fans and a few trouble makers who can't find good comments to make about anything.  There's lots of insights shared on here and those aren't limited to baseball.

Why are you making negative comments in the Welcome thread Mathguy?     :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2896: April 20, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
Stratocasters suck.

Kidding. Welcome to the forum.

Offline mdupont

« Reply #2897: April 20, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »

Newark, my son is going to school there at UD.  Loves it there.

Offline deathvalleydoc

« Reply #2898: April 20, 2018, 01:50:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm David and I live in Alexandria. I'm originally from SC and we moved here in 2012. As a SC kid, I grew up as a Braves/Dale Murphy fan. But as I got older, my interest in the Braves (and MLB in general) waned over the years. That is, until we moved to NOVA and now have a pro team in our backyard. It's great and we have really enjoyed adopting the Nats as our home team.   

Go Nats!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2899: April 20, 2018, 01:57:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm David and I live in Alexandria. I'm originally from SC and we moved here in 2012. As a SC kid, I grew up as a Braves/Dale Murphy fan. But as I got older, my interest in the Braves (and MLB in general) waned over the years. That is, until we moved to NOVA and now have a pro team in our backyard. It's great and we have really enjoyed adopting the Nats as our home team.   

Go Nats!

Welcome! I grew up in SC (Aiken) and we became Braves fan by default because of WTBS. But like you, I’ve become a Nats fan since moving up here. It’s been great. Where in SC are you from?