Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414987 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2850: January 31, 2018, 07:00:06 PM »
Hi!  Thank you for the add.  Raised in DC on the Nats.  Currently live in LA, but still true to my team! :D

Welcome! But if you were raised on the Nats, you’re WAY too young for this forum. 😉

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2851: January 31, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Welcome! But if you were raised on the Nats, you’re WAY too young for this forum. 😉
Get off my lawn.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2853: January 31, 2018, 09:27:33 PM »
Welcome...Skippy lives in LA as well...  ;)

Lower Alabama?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2854: January 31, 2018, 09:29:27 PM »

100?

Offline mitlen

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2857: February 01, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »
Welcome...Skippy lives in LA as well...  ;)

:lmao:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #2858: February 01, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »

This is the 13th year for the new Nats so maybe he's young instead. 😉

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2859: February 01, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
This is the 13th year for the new Nats so maybe he's young instead. 😉
If he was 8 - 10 or so in 2005, then he was raised on Christian Guzman and he still likes baseball!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2860: February 02, 2018, 04:56:32 AM »
More importantly for this group - what's your thoughts/feelings toward the Orioles ?

Hi!  Thank you for the add.  Raised in DC on the Nats.  Currently live in LA, but still true to my team! :D

Offline hotshot

« Reply #2861: February 03, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
Been here some months but ... what the hell:

- Old geezer (born in Richmond, VA in 1943)
- Saw first Senators game vs Red Sox in Summer 1951 (Ted Williams doubled twice off RF wall)
- HS in NYC suburbs; graduated from University of Miami
- Worked in Intelligence Community for 39 yrs
- Lived in Germany as a kid (1952-54); then lived/worked in Gloucestershire, UK from 1985-88

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2862: February 03, 2018, 12:04:04 PM »
Hi HotShot - welcome to a great baseball group that due to the industry of the area, can divert off enough that it makes one wonder if baseball is why we are on WNFF.  So do you get to many Nats games ?

- Saw first Senators game vs Red Sox in Summer 1951 (Ted Williams doubled twice off RF wall)
- Lived in Germany as a kid (1952-54); then lived/worked in Gloucestershire, UK from 1985-88

Offline hotshot

« Reply #2863: February 03, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
Hi HotShot - welcome to a great baseball group that due to the industry of the area, can divert off enough that it makes one wonder if baseball is why we are on WNFF.  So do you get to many Nats games ?

Not nearly as many as I did prior to the move to Nats Park. Living in the Annapolis area, the old RFK location was easier to drive to/park at than Nats Park is. Still make it to a decent number.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2864: February 03, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »

Welcome

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2865: February 03, 2018, 04:24:42 PM »
Welcome hotshot.  Whereabouts in the NYC burbs? 

Offline hotshot

« Reply #2866: February 03, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »
Thanks to all the welcomers. Some impressive knowledge on display here.

imref, after my dad retired from the military, we lived both in Rockland County (up the Hudson, maybe 20 miles north of Times Square) and out in Suffolk County on Long Island.

Offline SouthBendNatsFan

« Reply #2867: February 28, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
Hey Nats Fam,

In 2005 I took a middle school field trip to DC.  It just so happened to cross paths with Opening Day and I decided I was going to be a Nats fan.  Call it the patriotic colors or the fact I watched my father cry at the Bartman game but I decided the life of a Cubs fan was not for me.  Since then I have made a yearly exodus to the Holy Land in DC and faithly attended all games in the Midwest.  Nearly snagged a Goodwin homer last year at Wrigley and am still pretty bitter.  I also do a fair bit of work in AZ and CO so I try to catch our series out west as much as possible.  I live in South Bend, IN and have season tickets for Irish football.  If a Nats fan is ever in town looking for a tailgate you're always welcome.

Go Nats!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2868: February 28, 2018, 04:03:29 PM »
Hey Nats Fam,

In 2005 I took a middle school field trip to DC.  It just so happened to cross paths with Opening Day and I decided I was going to be a Nats fan.  Call it the patriotic colors or the fact I watched my father cry at the Bartman game but I decided the life of a Cubs fan was not for me.  Since then I have made a yearly exodus to the Holy Land in DC and faithly attended all games in the Midwest.  Nearly snagged a Goodwin homer last year at Wrigley and am still pretty bitter.  I also do a fair bit of work in AZ and CO so I try to catch our series out west as much as possible.  I live in South Bend, IN and have season tickets for Irish football.  If a Nats fan is ever in town looking for a tailgate you're always welcome.

Go Nats!

Welcome SBNF...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2869: February 28, 2018, 04:14:05 PM »
Hey Nats Fam,

Go Nats!

Welcome

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2870: February 28, 2018, 04:23:02 PM »
welcome!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2871: February 28, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »
Hey Nats Fam,

Go Nats!

Great story, welcome!

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #2872: March 25, 2018, 12:53:25 PM »
Phil from Springfield - impelled to migrate from the now defunct MLB Message Boards (phil62175).  Happy to be a serious Nationals fan.  Like the Wizards.  Don't care about the Redskins.  Duke alum ('83) -- just say 'yes' to Duke basketball!!! 

On the MLB Message board, the conclusion most of us reached (for better or worse) is that Nats management is being super frugal at this time, even in a buyers' free agent market.  Money is definitely an object.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2873: March 25, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
Phil from Springfield - impelled to migrate from the now defunct MLB Message Boards (phil62175).  Happy to be a serious Nationals fan.  Like the Wizards.  Don't care about the Redskins.  Duke alum ('83) -- just say 'yes' to Duke basketball!!! 

On the MLB Message board, the conclusion most of us reached (for better or worse) is that Nats management is being super frugal at this time, even in a buyers' free agent market.  Money is definitely an object.
LAC here. Lerners are Cheap.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2874: March 25, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »

welcome!   I think the other take on the spending is they aren't willing to damage the draft and the ability to sign kids out of the dominican to lock in a lot of the bigger names like Arrieta / Lynn / Cobb at this point when they think they are already winning the division.  They probably are more targeting mid-season upgrades through trade rather than tweaking things by bringing in Lucroy or one of those arms.