Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414889 times)

Scraps

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2825: August 21, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
Washington Nationals message board

NatsPark;

>>"I didn't think he did things to get tossed? Seriously?
There are probably kids (teenagers/younger) that read this board. The word scrapps called the mod was totally inappropriate. He deserved what he got.
Sub email, new name gets him back on this board. That's what he did on WNFF. If he continues with wording that got him banned from both boards, he'll be gotten rid of again and again and...."

My reply;

NatsPark, I actually was NOT banned from WNFF. It apparently just took them a day or two to push me through.

The moderator for the Washington Nationals message board baited me by deleting several posts that I had made that were not derogatory to the club or had any profanity. That being said, he got what he wanted by getting me to blowup because of all the deletions directed towards Angelossux and myself.

Catacony's fingerprints are ALL OVER this mess. Can't wait to return so I can micromanage each and every post he makes. Not sure how much he's payed, but you can bet he'll earn every dime when I return.

Miss you guys. :(
~Scraps

Scraps

« Reply #2826: August 21, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Hi! I'm a troublemaker!!!  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I actually just love the game.

So I've gone from Professional baseball, to being a college baseball coach, to being a high school baseball coach, and in just "two years" when I retire I plan on coaching a bunch of tee-ballers two of which are my great nephews. (My two godsons boys) Clearly my most important job in baseball EVER!

Hopefully none of you will have noticed the pattern from above and will still respect what I might have to say about the game?  :roll:

Go Senators! Go Nationals!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2827: August 21, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
Hi! I'm a troublemaker!!!  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I actually just love the game.

So I've gone from Professional baseball, to being a college baseball coach, to being a high school baseball coach, and in just "two years" when I retire I plan on coaching a bunch of tee-ballers two of which are my great nephews. (My two godsons boys) Clearly my most important job in baseball EVER!

Hopefully none of you will have noticed the pattern from above and will still respect what I might have to say about the game?  :roll:

Go Senators! Go Nationals!

So you are a troublemaker, a geezer  :old: and your cousin is the disreputable Scrapple from the "official"    :hysterical:  forum.  Got it.  3 strikes, and you just might fit in.     :P
welcome!

Scraps

« Reply #2828: September 10, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
So you are a troublemaker, a geezer  :old: and your cousin is the disreputable Scrapple from the "official"    :hysterical:  forum.  Got it.  3 strikes, and you just might fit in.     :P
welcome!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Just seeing this. Thanks for the welcome Tom.

I'm  certainly not the most savvy at navigating websites on computers.  :punch:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2829: September 10, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Just seeing this. Thanks for the welcome Tom.

I'm  certainly not the most savvy at navigating websites on computers.  :punch:

You could make up for it by visiting the WNFF Loft meetup on Sept 30, though.     :whistle:

Oh hey, one more thing - that's Darold Knowles on your avatar, correct?    Back in the early official forum days there was a conversation about how Nats of the 1960's would substitute teach in the offseason to supplement their meager wages.  Somebody, perhaps even your cousin  8)  recalled Knowles at a particular school.

I located him coaching baseball at a college in Florida and got an admin to query him on the subject - he confirmed that in fact he had done substitute teaching though he couldn't recall where it was.  PG county though, I'm pretty sure.  Had to be near the Quonset Hut.     :glug:

Scraps

« Reply #2830: September 11, 2017, 08:20:54 PM »
You could make up for it by visiting the WNFF Loft meetup on Sept 30, though.     :whistle:

Oh hey, one more thing - that's Darold Knowles on your avatar, correct?    Back in the early official forum days there was a conversation about how Nats of the 1960's would substitute teach in the offseason to supplement their meager wages.  Somebody, perhaps even your cousin  8)  recalled Knowles at a particular school.

I located him coaching baseball at a college in Florida and got an admin to query him on the subject - he confirmed that in fact he had done substitute teaching though he couldn't recall where it was.  PG county though, I'm pretty sure.  Had to be near the Quonset Hut.     :glug:

:hysterical:

I remember you saying that and it made my day when we were informed that he smiled knowing one of his students had remembered him from teaching. Thanks again for taking the time to do that. It gave me a smile and lifetime memory.

But yes, Darold Knowles was a substitute teacher in P.G. County in the late sixties/early seventies. He also pitched in all seven games of the '73 World Series. I believe he is still the only pitcher to ever do so. I could be wrong.

Great guy and an even better substitute teacher. We played dodgeball that day and I remember trying so hard to impress him with my throwing arm. I was in awe of him as if he were  God Almighty. :shock: What a thrill for a youngster to have a "Washington Senator" as your PE teacher if only for a day. I still remember that giddy feeling I had when I had to introduce myself to him. Too funny.

Thanks again Tom!
~Scraps.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2831: September 11, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
:hysterical:

I remember you saying that and it made my day when we were informed that he smiled knowing one of his students had remembered him from teaching. Thanks again for taking the time to do that. It gave me a smile and lifetime memory.

But yes, Darold Knowles was a substitute teacher in P.G. County in the late sixties/early seventies. He also pitched in all seven games of the '73 World Series. I believe he is still the only pitcher to ever do so. I could be wrong.

Great guy and an even better substitute teacher. We played dodgeball that day and I remember trying so hard to impress him with my throwing arm. I was in awe of him as if he were  God Almighty. :shock: What a thrill for a youngster to have a "Washington Senator" as your PE teacher if only for a day. I still remember that giddy feeling I had when I had to introduce myself to him. Too funny.

Thanks again Tom!
~Scraps.

:bow:

Wiki agrees with you.

Knowles made five starts for the world champion A's in 1973, pitching his only complete game shutout against the Boston Red Sox on August 14.[10] The A's repeated as AL champions, and faced the New York Mets in the World Series. Knowles appeared in all seven games of the World Series, pitching 6.1 innings without giving up an earned run, and earning the save in games one[11] and seven.[12] He is, to date, the only pitcher to appear in all seven games of a World Series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darold_Knowles

Offline mdupont

« Reply #2832: October 27, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »
Hey everyone, Mike here.  Been a long time Nats fan.  Due to some health issues with the wife I have been regulated to watching the games at home.  This year we were able to get out to two games and she had a great time.  Got the go ahead to get half season tickets. Looking forward to some great games regardless of who we get to manage the team.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2833: October 27, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Welcome! You’ll love it here. And going to the park is awesome. 40 games is a big step up from two! You guys will have a blast.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2834: October 28, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »
Welcome MDupont.  Can't say being on here will be good for your health, but you'll meet alot of dedicated, crazy Nats fans.  Some will even have insights you'll enjoy.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #2835: October 28, 2017, 07:41:48 AM »
As long as none of those 40 games is in October, you should enjoy yourself :)

Offline afscotch

« Reply #2836: January 02, 2018, 09:52:51 PM »
Hi everyone!  New SPH in section 116 and jumped in the deep end with a full package.  Would love any help and feedback on getting the most out of my plan, i.e. when's autograph day and hot stove (Don't think I have the best ticket rep in the org), best thing to do with games i can't use, etc.  Been trying to read up on the points program, too.

Looking forward to the year!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2837: January 02, 2018, 10:01:33 PM »
Hi everyone!  New SPH in section 116 and jumped in the deep end with a full package.  Would love any help and feedback on getting the most out of my plan, i.e. when's autograph day and hot stove (Don't think I have the best ticket rep in the org), best thing to do with games i can't use, etc.  Been trying to read up on the points program, too.

Welcome

Offline afscotch

« Reply #2838: January 02, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »
Thanks.  Of course looking forward to meeting some crazy Nats fans, too!   :lol:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2839: January 03, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »

Welcome!

Autograph day is at winterfest in December. You just missed it. Hot stove is usually in late January/ early February, if I recall correctly.

My tip ok RCR points. Use them for tickets throughout the season. Don’t Save up for auctions. Unless you’ve got a bunch of seats, someone always has way more points than you and you’ll be stuck. In fact. I don’t know how some folks got so many points.

As a way to increase rewards watch here for the radio and ballpark end of game codes. Usually someone posts them in the RCR thread and you can find it on twitter (@redcarpetcodes)

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #2840: January 03, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »

Best thing to do with games you can’t use: exchange them for additional seats to other games and take Friends, get a season partner and sell a chunk (there was a great site for exactly this purpose which seems to no longer work with the Nats so hopefully there will be a replacement soon), or donate them. Once the tickets are loaded into the accounts, you can do the exchanges and StubHub listings online.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #2841: January 03, 2018, 05:42:40 PM »
Welcome!

Autograph day is at winterfest in December. You just missed it. Hot stove is usually in late January/ early February, if I recall correctly.

My tip ok RCR points. Use them for tickets throughout the season. Don’t Save up for auctions. Unless you’ve got a bunch of seats, someone always has way more points than you and you’ll be stuck. In fact. I don’t know how some folks got so many points.

As a way to increase rewards watch here for the radio and ballpark end of game codes. Usually someone posts them in the RCR thread and you can find it on twitter (@redcarpetcodes)
Thanks for the tip on points!

I asked my rep about winterfest and specifically early adminission tickets. She said Winterfest is for 2017 SPHs and I just signed up for 2018.  If she was wrong and I missed it I and my son are going to be ticked  :-[.  She also said she doesn't know when ant of the other SPH events are, which I get for the in-season things like movie night, but my google'ing make me think Hot Stove is coming up.  She did said Select A Seat should be sometime in Jan.

I found that split season ticket page and made a listing, and the Nats verified it, but it seems to be all jacked up.  My ad is still accessible when I log in, but the map the Royals stadium ??

I also have a sense the main series I'd what to exchange for will be blocked, Red Sox,  Brewers (labor day weekend), Cards (labor day) and Cubs (we're last year).

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2842: January 03, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »
That may be true. This year was my first year and I didn’t go to any offseason events last year. So don’t be mad at your rep.

Offline afscotch

« Reply #2843: January 03, 2018, 07:48:21 PM »
Not mad (yet), but am a bit frustrated with poor communication and lacking proactive expectation management that started with the sales rep and has continued. 

I went to the fan photo day in Nov, but was told no for autograph day at winterfest in Dec, then i was sold a 1015 autograph session for day two though my Nats account...which requires early admission so it would have been a waste with the standard entry admission ticket (1130 I think) she sold me.  The autograph ticket would have been a complete waste if I didn't get a Nats Ticket guy on Saturday to look into the disagreeing tickets and exchanged my entry ticket for an early entry one.  I'm confused when the 2017 events end and when 2018 ones start and it seems like my rep knows as much as me, plus isn't the one trying to get value from the huge chunk of change drop on a full season package so it's been a little frustrating as a new guy. 

On a positive note, can't wait for opening day!!

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #2844: January 03, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »
Not mad (yet), but am a bit frustrated with poor communication and lacking proactive expectation management that started with the sales rep and has continued. 

I went to the fan photo day in Nov, but was told no for autograph day at winterfest in Dec, then i was sold a 1015 autograph session for day two though my Nats account...which requires early admission so it would have been a waste with the standard entry admission ticket (1130 I think) she sold me.  The autograph ticket would have been a complete waste if I didn't get a Nats Ticket guy on Saturday to look into the disagreeing tickets and exchanged my entry ticket for an early entry one.  I'm confused when the 2017 events end and when 2018 ones start and it seems like my rep knows as much as me, plus isn't the one trying to get value from the huge chunk of change drop on a full season package so it's been a little frustrating as a new guy. 

On a positive note, can't wait for opening day!!

The Nats’ IT systems are pretty inflexible. It sounds like you were unable to purchase early entry tickets because your Access account isn’t set up yet and/or because the early entry presale was ended, and the reps are not in the habit of monitoring/managing those sales because no one ever asks. If you’d shown up at 10:00 with a normal entry ticket and your plan purchase paperwork, the ushers would have let you in (my first year, I think I used the envelope that the Nats used to send me my contract). This is a benefit for all SPH, so as long as you can show you have some sort of season plan, you’re in. The SPH autograph session is only for full plan holders and it’s ticketed so if you don’t have a ticket before the ticketing deadline, you can’t go. Even if you’re a full multi year SPH who just dawdles getting the rsvp done, no session for you.

In general, the Red Carpet staff is very helpful with the super routine stuff and the super extreme situations, and really lost at anything in between.  The bad news is that they’re more problem-fixers than proactive “member experience managers” and most of the benefit management is self-service, with events announced by email.   The good news is, once you get through a half season or so, you’ll be a pro and you won’t need help. It’s all very straightforward once you’ve been through it once, but the first time you try to set up a plan partner or transfer tickets, you’ll want to smash your monitor. 

I genuinely don’t know if the SplitSeasonTickets site is coming back; I heard it wasn’t, but in all fairness I heard that from a grumbly guy in a Facebook group, so who knows.

My advice for maximizing rewards: if you want experience-type stuff like watching BP from the field, get it early in the season; these are usually auctions and the prices go up later in the season as people start trying to dump their points (they don’t roll over).

My other advice: get to know your fellow SPH. A great way to bypass the Nats blackouts on game trade-ins is to just work it out with the folks who sit next to you.  If memory serves me, the only series that was 100% blacked out last year was the Cubs; I’d expect the Yankees and Red Sox this year to be blacked out, plus any Saturday games with giants or dodgers, but I don’t remember Labor Day or Memorial Day to be big blackout dates (everyone leaves dc anyway).

Offline Nats80

« Reply #2845: January 31, 2018, 05:02:10 PM »
Hi!  Thank you for the add.  Raised in DC on the Nats.  Currently live in LA, but still true to my team! :D

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2846: January 31, 2018, 05:15:14 PM »
Hi!  Thank you for the add.  Raised in DC on the Nats.  Currently live in LA, but still true to my team! :D

Welcome :thumbs:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2847: January 31, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »

Welcome

Century Boulevard (we love it)
Victory Boulevard (we love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (we love it)
Sixth Street (we love it, we love it)
We love L.A.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2848: January 31, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »

Welcome...Skippy lives in LA as well...  ;)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2849: January 31, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
Welcome...Skippy lives in LA as well...  ;)

:spit: