Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414985 times)

Offline Casanova

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2725: March 31, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »
:lol:     When I have time to spare headin' to Western PA, I do the 68/79 route.    I mentioned Hancock CO 'cause I know lots of folks there  ...  well not as many now.     :old:

I can completely relate to that last bit.  :mg:

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #2726: April 02, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »
I can completely relate to that last bit.  :mg:

Welcome, Paul Cas-a-NO-va!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2727: April 03, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »

My thought exactly.  Brings back the DC Stadium memories.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2728: April 03, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »

A guy who never saw a pitch that he couldn't swing at.   :hysterical:

Offline AltIPAs

« Reply #2729: April 03, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
Hi from the Outer Banks. Not new, but been away for a while. (My former handle here was 2IPAs, fyi.) Looking forward to seeing some games in person this summer.

Offline awbb

« Reply #2730: April 19, 2017, 05:22:32 PM »
Been lurking for a while. I even got a quote from Slateman (something to do with Mark Melancon's stones) at some point in last Autumn's inevitable and crushing failure against the Dodgers. Those games went on so long. Routine going to bed at 4 in the morning. Sigh.

With that timing, clearly I'm from the incorrect side of the Atlantic. England. Stratford-upon-Avon to be exact. My Brother-in-law's wife spawned her way into a gig at the British Embassy. Only been to Nat's Park the once. A pitchers duel between Bumgarner and Zimmermann early on in 2011. We lost 1-0.

My handle, awbb could stand for Absolutely Woeful Baseball I suppose, which would be apt, but actually stands for Alan Walsh Bending Bombshell. A Soccer player from the 80s who scored loads of ridiculous goals, who I adored when I was a child and whose daughter is currently Kelsey Grammer's wife.

Cheers.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2731: April 19, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »
Been lurking for a while. I even got a quote from Slateman (something to do with Mark Melancon's stones) at some point in last Autumn's inevitable and crushing failure against the Dodgers. Those games went on so long. Routine going to bed at 4 in the morning. Sigh.

With that timing, clearly I'm from the incorrect side of the Atlantic. England. Stratford-upon-Avon to be exact. My Brother-in-law's wife spawned her way into a gig at the British Embassy. Only been to Nat's Park the once. A pitchers dual between Bumgarner and Zimmermann early on in 2011. We lost 1-0.

My handle, awbb could stand for Absolutely Woeful Baseball I suppose, which would be apt, but actually stands for Alan Walsh Bending Bombshell. A Soccer player from the 80s who scored loads of ridiculous goals, who I adored when I was a child and whose daughter is currently Kelsey Grammer's wife.

Cheers.

Welcome, awbb...  :uk:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2732: April 19, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »

With that timing, clearly I'm from the incorrect side of the Atlantic. England. Stratford-upon-Avon to be exact. My Brother-in-law's wife spawned her way into a gig at the British Embassy. Only been to Nat's Park the once. A pitchers dual between Bumgarner and Zimmermann early on in 2011. We lost 1-0.

Cheers.

Welcome

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2733: April 20, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »
We have anglophiles (Chelsea), anglophobes, Aussies, and now an authentic UKster. Welcome.

With that timing, clearly I'm from the incorrect side of the Atlantic. England. Stratford-upon-Avon to be exact. My Brother-in-law's wife spawned her way into a gig at the British Embassy. Only been to Nat's Park the once. A pitchers duel between Bumgarner and Zimmermann early on in 2011. We lost 1-0.

Cheers.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2734: April 20, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
Welcome. Everyone here seems nice so far...😉

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2735: April 20, 2017, 11:14:38 AM »

Cheers.

welcome mate!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2736: April 20, 2017, 11:15:04 AM »
We have anglophiles (Chelsea), anglophobes, Aussies, and now an authentic UKster. Welcome.

We had another UK'er...I met him at a game a few years back...forget his name though...  :(

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2737: April 20, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
We had another UK'er...I met him at a game a few years back...forget his name though...  :(
Scared him away from WNFF?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2738: April 20, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »
Yeah... I remember that... manly? something like that?

Edit: Yep, Manly. From Ipswitch.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2739: April 20, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Aw I remember Manly, he had a baby if I remember correctly so that would explain his absence, those babies can be so demanding :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2740: April 20, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
And you can't return them. Had I known that before we had them...

Aw I remember Manly, he had a baby if I remember correctly so that would explain his absence, those babies can be so demanding :lol:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2741: April 20, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
And you can't return them. Had I known that before we had them...

:lmao:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2742: April 20, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

Thanks...He is a nice chap...

Offline awbb

« Reply #2743: April 20, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »

Weird. My daughter was born in November... so the only time I actually get time to myself is in the middle of the night, which is conveniently when the games tend to be... waiting that extra 30 minutes for the Barves to get on with it this series has been a chore though. Sweep tonight please lads.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2744: April 25, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
Welcome, awbb...  :uk:

Wow, we haven't had good reason to use that one in a while, not since Terry.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #2745: April 25, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »

Cheers.

My husband is from Leicester and we go visit his folks a couple times a year.  If you ever want any Nats swag and want to meet up on your side of the ocean, just let me know. We try to go somewhere that isn't Leicester and isn't London on each visit.

Offline awbb

« Reply #2746: April 25, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »

My husband is from Leicester and we go visit his folks a couple times a year.  If you ever want any Nats swag and want to meet up on your side of the ocean, just let me know. We try to go somewhere that isn't Leicester and isn't London on each visit.

That's a really kind offer, thank you. I'm not sure you need that excuse to visit Stratford, though I'm always up for some merch! I actually need a Nats cap after my last one was abandoned on an airplane about 4 days after I bought it and my brother in law inexplicably decided to replace it with a Caps one... which all well and good but I support the Avalanche in the hockey!

There must be something about me and ex-Canadian franchises!

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #2747: April 27, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »

To be fair, I tried to avoid Leicester whenever possible, and that was when I was living in Nottingham!

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #2748: April 27, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
My father-in-law once wrote up a list of the 10 best places/activities so my sister and I could entertain ourselves in Leicester for a day.  It only had 9 things on it, and that little brickpile remnant of Hadrian's Wall was on there twice. To be fair, this was before they found ol' King Richard underneath the car park, and before they got a Nando's, so I guess he could have a proper 10 now.

My sister and I spent that day drinking, which I believe is the official pastime of Leicestershire.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2749: April 27, 2017, 02:41:22 PM »
To be fair, I tried to avoid Leicester whenever possible, and that was when I was living in Nottingham!

I spent a day in Notts, but not much to see from the basement of East Midlands Electricity.