Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415005 times)

Offline BennySammy

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2625: September 09, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself...looking forward to posting here and meeting all of you and hopefully make some new friends!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2626: September 09, 2015, 06:32:47 PM »
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself...looking forward to posting here and meeting all of you and hopefully make some new friends!

Welcome

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #2627: September 18, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Patti, been lurking a bit and decided to come out of the shadows and say Hi.   Been a Nats fan since 2005 but I used to travel a ton for work and there were several seasons that went by without a trip to the ballpark for me.  Now I'm not traveling as much, and my husband and I hit about 30 home games a year, and we try to take 2-3 trips to watch the Nats in other parks.  Lucky enough to have seen the Nats play at OPACY, Fenway, Safeco Field, Busch Stadium, AT&T Park and GABP, and seen non-Nats games at Wrigley, US Cellular Field, O.Co Coliseum, and Petco Park (but planning to re-visit that last batch for Nats games eventually).  2016 will be Kansas City, Cleveland and Atlanta at a minimum, plus hopefully some spring training fun.  Looking forward to having some good conversations here!  Also looking forward to potential meet-ups for road trips and I wouldn't mind finding a season ticket partner for Diamond Club seats (we have season tickets in Sec 214 for 2016 but want to upgrade, since we have been stubhubbing the Diamond Club this whole time).  I live near Adams Morgan so if you take the green line home from the game, maybe I've already met you!

PS of the stadiums we have been to: Safeco had the nicest fans, AT&T Park had the snarkiest fans, and Fenway was the most awesome experience overall. And Nats Park is still the best!!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2628: September 18, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
Hi, I'm Patti, been lurking a bit and decided to come out of the shadows and say Hi.   Been a Nats fan since 2005 but I used to travel a ton for work and there were several seasons that went by without a trip to the ballpark for me.  Now I'm not traveling as much, and my husband and I hit about 30 home games a year, and we try to take 2-3 trips to watch the Nats in other parks.  Lucky enough to have seen the Nats play at OPACY, Fenway, Safeco Field, Busch Stadium, AT&T Park and GABP, and seen non-Nats games at Wrigley, US Cellular Field, O.Co Coliseum, and Petco Park (but planning to re-visit that last batch for Nats games eventually).  2016 will be Kansas City, Cleveland and Atlanta at a minimum, plus hopefully some spring training fun.  Looking forward to having some good conversations here!  Also looking forward to potential meet-ups for road trips and I wouldn't mind finding a season ticket partner for Diamond Club seats (we have season tickets in Sec 214 for 2016 but want to upgrade, since we have been stubhubbing the Diamond Club this whole time).  I live near Adams Morgan so if you take the green line home from the game, maybe I've already met you!

Welcome

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2629: September 18, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »

PS of the stadiums we have been to: Safeco had the nicest fans, AT&T Park had the snarkiest fans, and Fenway was the most awesome experience overall. And Nats Park is still the best!!

Yay for another woman :woop:  Welcome Patti and don't be afraid of the game threads, they really are quite amusing and can make a bad game bearable and a good game great :thumbs:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #2630: October 23, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

Welcome, Patti. I was at AT&T park this past year and that place is weird. They don't even sell beer (or much of anything else) in the stand. So the whole vibe is weird.

Offline whytev

« Reply #2631: October 23, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »

Hi,

If you were at Safeco last year, I was at the game!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2632: October 24, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »
Haven't commented in awhile.  Welcome NEW People!

Offline Donnie Benth

« Reply #2633: February 06, 2016, 07:14:46 PM »
Haven't commented in awhile.  Welcome NEW People!

Thanks. I'm an orphan from Nats Insider. Free Mark!!!

Looking forward to joining the conversation. Seriously considering a last minute pilgrimage to Viera.

Don't really know what to think of this year's club. If everyone hits career norms and stays healthy, we could contend. Not sure, with Zimm and JW aging, that that is a prospect worth betting on.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2634: February 06, 2016, 07:17:43 PM »

Looking forward to joining the conversation. Seriously considering a last minute pilgrimage to Viera.

Don't really know what to think of this year's club. If everyone hits career norms and stays healthy, we could contend. Not sure, with Zimm and JW aging, that that is a prospect worth betting on.

Welcome Donnie !

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2635: February 06, 2016, 09:04:03 PM »
Glad you're here.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2636: February 06, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »
I think they wanted Free Mark. :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2637: February 06, 2016, 09:13:37 PM »
Glad you're here.

Nah Gburg this one is a big phony Mets troll, he was outed when we found out Exposfsn87 was really a lunkhead ripping off someone else's schtick from his own Mets board.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2638: February 06, 2016, 09:35:37 PM »
Woah. his post goes way back.  :-[
Nah Gburg this one is a big phony Mets troll, he was outed when we found out Exposfsn87 was really a lunkhead ripping off someone else's schtick from his own Mets board.

Offline Fungo

« Reply #2639: February 18, 2016, 11:04:42 AM »
It appears this is where I introduce myself. Hello Nats fans! I'm a college student that has developed a strong Nationals fandom. I've played baseball competitively most of my life, which means I'm beginning to transition as a normal spectator. To be honest with you, last season was the first season in which I played close attention, as I finally found free time to watch games and become a true fan. This being said, my historical knowledge isn't as up to par as most of you on here. Despite this, I look forward to hanging around here and talking to you all about the best team in D.C.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #2640: February 18, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
Cool username! Welcome to the boards.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #2641: February 18, 2016, 11:53:53 AM »

Welcome, Fungo...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2642: February 18, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »
It appears this is where I introduce myself. Hello Nats fans! I'm a college student that has developed a strong Nationals fandom. I've played baseball competitively most of my life, which means I'm beginning to transition as a normal spectator. To be honest with you, last season was the first season in which I played close attention, as I finally found free time to watch games and become a true fan. This being said, my historical knowledge isn't as up to par as most of you on here. Despite this, I look forward to hanging around here and talking to you all about the best team in D.C.

Welcome to the forum Fungo.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2643: February 19, 2016, 10:54:31 AM »
welcome! It's a great thing that you only started paying attention last season.   Pay no attention to years 2011 and prior....

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2644: February 19, 2016, 12:19:15 PM »
Welcome to WNFF Fungo.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #2645: April 05, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
Welcome New members.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2646: April 07, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
I'm at Lenfant where is Mitlin and Blue?  😉

Offline Paddy

« Reply #2647: April 08, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »
From Va beach same High school as Zimmerman,started on the site last year in the gameday  thread only.....like the site so far but seem like so people go  a little over the top with the last thing they just saw in the gameday thread ..lol... never played Baseball as a kid so still learning the game but now that i'm in my 30's i enjoy the hell out of watching the Nats and dig the stratagie that come into play.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2648: April 08, 2016, 11:35:02 AM »
From Va beach same High school as Zimmerman,started on the site last year in the gameday  thread only.....like the site so far but seem like so people go  a little over the top with the last thing they just saw in the gameday thread ..lol... never played Baseball as a kid so still learning the game but now that i'm in my 30's i enjoy the hell out of watching the Nats and dig the stratagie that come into play.

Welcome

Offline NatsFan313

« Reply #2649: April 08, 2016, 08:46:04 PM »
Just joined this week. A member of the Fan Forum told me about it, and I joined right away.  I'm still learning my way around the Forum, but so far, it's been interesting reading.
I'm a full season  ticket holder from the beginning (2005).  I'm also a lifelong sports fan.  Grew up in Pittsburgh; attended the first ever nighttime World Series game. 
Looking forward to occasionally taking part in discussions, and reading all the baseball -- and Nats -- knowledge in this Forum.