Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 414897 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2575: April 06, 2015, 10:42:37 PM »
Welcome, Rich :thumbs:

Offline Rich-L

Offline whytev

« Reply #2577: April 07, 2015, 12:11:29 AM »
Cheers all!

Rich-L here. Big Nats fan and have lived in the DC area for 15 years now. Grew up on Montreal with Dawson, Carter, Rogers, Raines, etc.... Spent many a summer night of my youth at the Big Owe. Was THRILLED to have the Expos move to my new hometown, as obviously that situation was untenable. Looking for a fun board to talk Nats, avoid the MLB board trolls, and have some fun.

Rich

Always nice to have more Montréal love around here. There are quite a few of us!

Offline _sturt_

• "Le Grande Orange"...Colt 45/Astro/Expo(Nat) Great
« Reply #2578: April 07, 2015, 12:18:13 AM »
Have been a member since 2011 when I was just a sophomore at the University of Kentucky, but haven't posted in about a year and a half due to a really busy life now, Army officer, etc.

Still as loyal and dedicated a fan as ever, and lived and died with every pitch last season, just didn't have the time to post (usually listened to Charlie and Dave while working). Stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and representing the Nats in every way possible here. 6 days until baseball is back (kind of!) Anyways looking forward to posting more again hopefully.

KY, welcome. I'm a native Pike Countian, but didn't live in KY until moving there in 2001. Had stops in Pikeville, Lexington and Berea. Spent some time at Murray State, and later at UK. How bout you?

Offline Rich-L

« Reply #2579: April 13, 2015, 12:52:28 AM »
Always nice to have more Montréal love around here. There are quite a few of us!

Ah yes, I have noticed your avatar. I have a replica Expos baseball cap that always gets some comments when I wear it at Nats Park. I was at the Park when they honored Carter/Dawson in 2010, which was a really touching moment for me (and for them!).

Offline whytev

« Reply #2580: April 13, 2015, 01:47:41 AM »
Ah yes, I have noticed your avatar. I have a replica Expos baseball cap that always gets some comments when I wear it at Nats Park. I was at the Park when they honored Carter/Dawson in 2010, which was a really touching moment for me (and for them!).

I went to Larry Walker day in my town and got his autograph on my old school Expos lid. Cool!

Offline NC Boyd

« Reply #2581: April 15, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »
Greetings fellow Nats fans!!! I registered on the site a while back but never did anything on it.  I live in Charlotte and have been a Nats fan  for about the last 6 years after about 20 years of sorrow as a Cubs fan.  Just got back from DC for the Wed. and Thurs. games against the Mets. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2582: April 15, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Greetings fellow Nats fans!!! I registered on the site a while back but never did anything on it.  I live in Charlotte and have been a Nats fan  for about the last 6 years after about 20 years of sorrow as a Cubs fan.  Just got back from DC for the Wed. and Thurs. games against the Mets. 
Welcome.  LAC or LANC?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2583: April 15, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »

Welcome

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2584: April 15, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »
Welcome; as a Cubs fan you should be ready for our misery

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #2585: April 15, 2015, 10:13:20 PM »
Thanks Skip!

Skip refers to a leader or coach.  She's no skip, unless you mean of a bowling or move watching team.  LYMI Skippy!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2586: April 16, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »
Skip refers to a leader or coach.  She's no skip, unless you mean of a bowling or move watching team.  LYMI Skippy!

hey! us dual fandom fans are supposed to stick together!  :evil:

also, had to ask my daughter what LYMI meant :oldy:  :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2587: April 16, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
hey! us dual fandom fans are supposed to stick together!  :evil:

also, had to ask my daughter what LYMI meant :oldy:  :lol:

Are you gonna share what it means with the rest of us?     :old:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2588: April 16, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »
leave your mother inlaw?  Kind of goes with senior dumping?  (I don't know).

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #2589: April 16, 2015, 11:12:40 AM »

This poster wins "best avatar for a new member"!  Welcome!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2590: April 16, 2015, 12:18:37 PM »
Are you gonna share what it means with the rest of us?     :old:

Love you mean it, I'm guessing it's said the same way that southerners say "bless her heart" after talking bad about someone :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2591: April 16, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
Love you mean it, I'm guessing it's said the same way that southerners say "bless her heart" after talking bad about someone :lol:

I don't get "love you mean it" either.    I must be older than I thought.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2592: April 16, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »

welcome!

Now Charlotte would be a good location for a new MLB team.

Offline beatdrum

« Reply #2593: April 18, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
What's up fellow Nats Fans. I've been following this site for the last few years and decided to break down and join!!! I'm originally from Arkansas and am now in Indiana.  Here's my Nats history...I began playing fantasy baseball in the late 1980s. Invariably, year after year, my team would be full of Expos. As I started keeping up with the players, I found myself cheering for the team. Eventually, I fell in love with the 'Spos. My future wife and I even spent a summer vacation in Montreal to watch a series against the Braves in 1999. As the team moved to DC, my allegiance followed. While I'm a fan of football, basketball and baseball, the Nats are the only team that I call "my team".

Offline whytev

« Reply #2594: April 18, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
What's up fellow Nats Fans. I've been following this site for the last few years and decided to break down and join!!! I'm originally from Arkansas and am now in Indiana.  Here's my Nats history...I began playing fantasy baseball in the late 1980s. Invariably, year after year, my team would be full of Expos. As I started keeping up with the players, I found myself cheering for the team. Eventually, I fell in love with the 'Spos. My future wife and I even spent a summer vacation in Montreal to watch a series against the Braves in 1999. As the team moved to DC, my allegiance followed. While I'm a fan of football, basketball and baseball, the Nats are the only team that I call "my team".

Welcome!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2595: April 18, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »

Welcome.    We could have done without the Barves part.    ;)

Offline Rich-L

« Reply #2596: April 20, 2015, 01:09:37 AM »
I went to Larry Walker day in my town and got his autograph on my old school Expos lid. Cool!

Awesome, I was gone by the time Walker was around... Didn't get to see him Colorado either (I lived in Denver for five years after leaving Montreal in 1988)... but I did see the first  Rockies game at Mile-High in 1993, against, of course, the Expos....

"April 9 - The Rocky Mountain region welcomes big-league baseball, as the Rockies host Montreal at Mile High Stadium. Eric Young homers to lead off the bottom of the first, bringing the record-setting crowd of 80,227 to its feet. Colorado wins 11-4, behind 37-year-old Bryn Smith, who blanks the Expos over seven innings. "

Offline whytev

« Reply #2597: April 20, 2015, 03:10:11 AM »
Awesome, I was gone by the time Walker was around... Didn't get to see him Colorado either (I lived in Denver for five years after leaving Montreal in 1988)... but I did see the first  Rockies game at Mile-High in 1993, against, of course, the Expos....

"April 9 - The Rocky Mountain region welcomes big-league baseball, as the Rockies host Montreal at Mile High Stadium. Eric Young homers to lead off the bottom of the first, bringing the record-setting crowd of 80,227 to its feet. Colorado wins 11-4, behind 37-year-old Bryn Smith, who blanks the Expos over seven innings. "

I saw him here in an exhibition game, right before the 1994 season. It was great because he is from here so he had a whole bunch of fans.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2598: April 21, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Welcome Boyd, Rich, and Beat!

Offline N8i2ud

Hi everyone! 

I've been a Nats addict going on a few years now :)...  Live in Fairfax, always enjoy hitting games! I also do a few road trips, so it would be cool to hook up with anyone that travels...   

-Craig