Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 428271 times)

Offline harper34

I am a relatively new baseball fan, just watched about a year or so, but I've picked up the sport quite well. I'm from asia, this sport is not popular in my country, there are only batting cages available here.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I am a relatively new baseball fan, just watched about a year or so, but I've picked up the sport quite well. I'm from asia, this sport is not popular in my country, there are only batting cages available here.

Welcome

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen

Welcome!

You might be interested in MLB.tv, it allows you to watch all of the games for a pretty fair price in HD, if you have a good internet connection.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
There is even a way to get radio broadcasts for even cheaper on the the MLB.com website.  Welcome to the message board.

Are you following a number of teams or just mainly the Nats?  Why did you pick the Nats?  I'm guessing you heard of Bryce by your name.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Welcome to the Nationals.  You'll meet a some humorous folks here, as well as many diehard baseball fans.  What part of Asia ?

Offline mike

Hi everybody. I'm Mike and I live in Las Vegas-where Bryce Harper is from. I am trying to collect his game tix to every one of his games that he plays in. I have all the home games in 2012,need a bunch from 2013 and need all from 2014. Can anyone help me out? :D

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Hi everybody. I'm Mike and I live in Las Vegas-where Bryce Harper is from. I am trying to collect his game tix to every one of his games that he plays in. I have all the home games in 2012,need a bunch from 2013 and need all from 2014. Can anyone help me out? :D
Stalker.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

There aren't many tickets around anymore.  They've discontinued issuing paper tickets to season ticket holders, and those were the nice ones.  Now they load the games onto your account and you can distribute them via electronic transfer to partners' cards or by email to other parties.  I guess if you walk up to a window they print a paper ticket for you but the aren't really collectible type quality, right?   :shrug:

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance

Offline Bjd1207

Hey all,

Long-time baseball and Nats fan, not sure why it took me so long to join this board. Looking forward to many a lively discussion!

Bjd1207 - Ben

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Welcome Ben. 

How did you stumble across this board?  Google message boards?  A reference in the Bog or somewhere?

Offline mitlen

Hey all,

Long-time baseball and Nats fan, not sure why it took me so long to join this board. Looking forward to many a lively discussion!

Bjd1207 - Ben

Welcome

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Welcome Ben!

Offline Bjd1207

Haha actually my dad and I the other day were trying to figure out the name of Phil Wood's some-time cohost is on nats talk Live and in our google searches this forum came up so I've been following it for the past couple of days and its got more activity than most of the rest of the nats blogs out there. So thought I'd join!

Also - if anyone has the name of that guy I'd be very appreciative. He's a balding, older guy with a real surely voice and has real old-school mentalities about the game and stuff. Any ideas? Cant find his name anywhere by searching for nats talk live or anything.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Mike Wallace :shrug:

Offline mitlen

Also - if anyone has the name of that guy I'd be very appreciative. He's a balding, older guy with a real surely voice and has real old-school mentalities about the game and stuff. Any ideas? Cant find his name anywhere by searching for nats talk live or anything.
Mike Wallace :shrug:

Yep, that's him   ...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/w/wallami01.shtml

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I had no idea, I just googled it :lol:

Offline mitlen

I had no idea, I just googled it :lol:

Nice google.    :)

Offline Dougstevegadesi

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2443: July 02, 2014, 01:09:41 AM »
Hey guys my name is Doug. Have been a fan of this organization since 1999 when they were the expos and followed the team with the move here. I'm St.Louis Missouri born and raised and actually now reside in south florida. Look forward to talking Nats baseball with you all.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #2444: July 02, 2014, 09:06:58 AM »
Welcome! 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #2445: July 02, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »
Hey guys my name is Doug. Have been a fan of this organization since 1999 when they were the expos and followed the team with the move here. I'm St.Louis Missouri born and raised and actually now reside in south florida. Look forward to talking Nats baseball with you all.

"St.Louis Missouri"    DRINK    ;)

Welcome aboard   ..

Offline Dougstevegadesi

« Reply #2446: July 03, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »
Thank you all I truly appreciate it. Look forward to spending the rest of this season and many more on here with you guys talking about our favorite team. :)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #2447: July 03, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »
Thank you all I truly appreciate it. Look forward to spending the rest of this season and many more on here with you guys talking about our favorite team. :)

What part of South Florida do you call home?

Offline ChasingShadows

« Reply #2448: July 03, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
Good evening fellow Nats fans!

I appreciate your accepting me on here - It's a bit different than the ESPN forums where it seems many people are just there to criticize.

As to introduce myself, my name is Tim.  I live in Falls Church (near Sleepy Hollow Park).

I've been a Nats fan since the start, but really have gotten into them recently. 

It's great to see them strive and do well, and I think Rizzo's doing a great job.  =)

Offline heeman82

« Reply #2449: July 03, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »