Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 94091 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #850: September 19, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
They should move the PNats there :P

The Fitz (sic) is nicer. :)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #851: September 19, 2017, 01:38:11 PM »
...which reminds me...need to get ticket to DC United's home finale against Red Bull New York (The Club Formerly Known As The MetroStars), Sunday 22nd October, kick-off 16.00...it may well be the last-ever league match of any kind played at RFK Stadium, since I don't think the Black and Red will qualify for post-season...farewell to over half a century of Senators, Nationals, Redskins, Diplomats, Team America, Federals, DC United and Freedom history - and much more.

I'll be there, it's going to be packed, they are filling up the upper deck. The United can't fill the lower deck for the playoffs so the fans are literally coming just for the stadium. Could be the last great RFK lot 8 tailgate. The stadium isn't closing, they'll have one off events, but this is the final finale.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #852: September 19, 2017, 01:39:29 PM »
The Fitz is nicer. :)

But it is a pain in the ass to get there from DC.

I'd go to soooo much minor league baseball if it was conveniently located for we city dwellers.

PS Once I was at the Pfitz and as a massive storm approached, they told us to take cover *in our cars.*  :hysterical:
Yep, because where I want to be in a freakin tornado is sittin in a parking lot in my car. 
The Pfitz... I love the PNats but man what a freakin dump that place is.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #853: September 19, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »
Someone will invent a new league. Professional outdoor lacrosse. Something. :)

That would go to the new soccer stadium. The United fans all pushed for public funding based on the stadium being multi use, then cried when they found out a rugby team is moving in because the field could get torn up.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #854: September 19, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
That would go to the new soccer stadium. The United fans all pushed for public funding based on the stadium being multi use, then cried when they found out a rugby team is moving in because the field could get torn up.
:hysterical:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #855: September 19, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
We do Hagerstown once or twice a year. We know all about dumps. :)

But it is a pain in the ass to get there from DC.

I'd go to soooo much minor league baseball if it was conveniently located for we city dwellers.

PS Once I was at the Pfitz and as a massive storm approached, they told us to take cover *in our cars.*  :hysterical:
Yep, because where I want to be in a freakin tornado is sittin in a parking lot in my car. 
The Pfitz... I love the PNats but man what a freakin dump that place is.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #856: September 19, 2017, 01:48:04 PM »
They should move the PNats there :P

I go to too many baseball games as it is.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #857: September 19, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
'94 World Cup and '96 Olympics too. 
...which reminds me...need to get ticket to DC United's home finale against Red Bull New York (The Club Formerly Known As The MetroStars), Sunday 22nd October, kick-off 16.00...it may well be the last-ever league match of any kind played at RFK Stadium, since I don't think the Black and Red will qualify for post-season...farewell to over half a century of Senators, Nationals, Redskins, Diplomats, Team America, Federals, DC United and Freedom history - and much more.

Offline OldChelsea

• From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
« Reply #858: September 19, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »

Done. Got an aisle sear in 108, just in front of my old United season ticket section. But as noted above, they are going fast (if the map on the United ticketing site is to be believed, some lower-bowl sections are already sold out).

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #859: September 19, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »
Done. Got an aisle sear in 108, just in front of my old United season ticket section. But as noted above, they are going fast (if the map on the United ticketing site is to be believed, some lower-bowl sections are already sold out).

we'll be there.  Section 311.

Offline OldChelsea

• From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
« Reply #860: September 20, 2017, 06:54:12 AM »
we'll be there.  Section 311.

That's where my RFK-era Nats season ticket seat was located.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #861: September 20, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »
My teeth are fine so I have nothing to worry about.

That's what you meant, right?

The other kind of cavities.    :)

Offline Mathguy

• Whoa That Was A Good One ! Poke His Brain Here !
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #862: September 28, 2017, 10:12:57 PM »
Interesting article on The Bullpen, the makeshift beer place outside of Nats Park.  Have any WNFF folks spent time there ?  It was never my favorite, for we just wanted to get into Nats Park and get a seat at the Red Porch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/28/whats-next-for-the-bullpen-the-beloved-nats-park-destination-not-even-the-owner-is-sure/?utm_term=.ec5c830febce&wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

Offline mitlen

« Reply #863: September 28, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »
Interesting article on The Bullpen, the makeshift beer place outside of Nats Park.  Have any WNFF folks spent time there ?  It was never my favorite, for we just wanted to get into Nats Park and get a seat at the Red Porch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/09/28/whats-next-for-the-bullpen-the-beloved-nats-park-destination-not-even-the-owner-is-sure/?utm_term=.ec5c830febce&wpisrc=nl_buzz&wpmm=1

I've spent a lot of time in the Bullpen.    :)

Offline imref

« Reply #864: September 29, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »
not sure where else to post this, but WUSA is reporting that four suspects used a stolen U-Haul truck last night to steal an ATM from Nats park last night.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #865: September 29, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »
not sure where else to post this, but WUSA is reporting that four suspects used a stolen U-Haul truck last night to steal an ATM from Nats park last night.

Heard that on WTOP during my out and about this morning:

http://wtop.com/dc/2017/09/attempted-atm-theft-nats-park/slide/1/

Probably VaRK and skippy gettin' ready for Saturday  ....   They're buyin'.     :)

Offline imref

« Reply #866: September 29, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »

Probably VaRK and skippy gettin' ready for Saturday  ....   They're buyin'.     :)

:hysterical:

Offline Mathguy

• Whoa That Was A Good One ! Poke His Brain Here !
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #867: September 30, 2017, 12:50:14 AM »
Vark & Skippy are buying !!!   I can be really thirsty ...

Offline machpost

« Reply #868: October 01, 2017, 01:07:27 PM »

I go there a lot but I can't say that I really love it. There's just still so few convenient places to have a beer before the game. But if you enjoy drinking $9 beers while sitting on a rotting picnic table, this might be the place for you.

Offline varoadking

« Reply #869: October 01, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »
Thought someone mentioned that the discounted prices for SPH using their cards with ecash loaded do not get discounted prices in the postseason.  Is that true or just an old guy Mindfact?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #870: October 01, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »
Thought someone mentioned that the discounted prices for SPH using their cards with ecash loaded do not get discounted prices in the postseason.  Is that true or just an old guy Mindfact?

It's true. You can use the cards but no rebate.

Offline varoadking

« Reply #871: October 01, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
It's true. You can use the cards but no rebate.

Thanks...that sux...

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #872: October 01, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
Silver lining is that I won’t feel obligated to go to wait in line for the 20 percent discount. I’ll just bring cash and but from the vendors in the stands.

Offline StrutnCrow

« Reply #873: October 11, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »
a

Offline StrutnCrow

« Reply #874: October 11, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
ab