Author Topic: Minor League Promotions  (Read 862 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• Holiday League Baseball Reference
Minor League Promotions
« Topic Start: April 25, 2008, 01:48:49 AM »
Now I've heard everything.  Funky Feet Night.  Pay your shoe size for a ticket!

Friday,
May 2 6:05 pm Baysox vs. Akron Aeros (Class AA Affiliate of the Cleveland Indians)

DOUBLEHEADER!
Catch Two games for the price of one!  The 1st game will be completed as a 9-inning game (completion of the suspended game on 4/20) followed by our regularly scheduled game which will be a 7-inning game.  Enjoy a full night of Baysox Baseball Action!

FUNKY FEET NIGHT!Put your Right foot in.. and bring both of your feet for a baseball treat as we celebrate the good, bad, and ugly world of... FEET!

SPECIAL FUNKY FEET NIGHT TICKET OFFER!
You Pay Your Shoe Size For Tickets!!  See below for more details.  This is the bargain of the season!!!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Minor League Promotions
« Reply #1: April 25, 2008, 04:15:51 AM »
Minors always have corny promotions...Wednesday at Potomac is "Belly Buster Night".  All you can eat hot dogs and hamburgers, popcorn and burritos for $12.95.

Offline CALSGR8

• Holiday League Baseball Reference
« Reply #2: April 25, 2008, 09:07:31 AM »
Minors always have corny promotions...Wednesday at Potomac is "Belly Buster Night".  All you can eat hot dogs and hamburgers, popcorn and burritos for $12.95.

I know but a title like FUNKY FEET NIGHT is supposed to bring people IN?!

I think the best one yet was last year's Office Space night.  You paid a buck to take a whack at your favorite piece of technology or a printer.  Proceeds went to the VA Tech fund.  I didn't get to go but it sounded like fun.

Online blue911

« Reply #3: April 25, 2008, 10:17:50 AM »
 Awful Night, July 14, 2003

Attempting to produce the worst atmosphere ever at a baseball game, the Altoona Curve had music by William Shatner and Milli Vanilli, a gate giveaway of a 12-inch square of bubble wrap, pregame autograph sessions with non-celebrities, batting averages listed as "failed averages" (a .300 hitter had a .700 average) and a special presentation to the 1962 Mets -- baseball's worst team ever.

Offline natsfan1a

« Reply #4: April 25, 2008, 10:19:43 AM »
Not a bargain if one happens to walk around on a pair of what my father-in-law used to call "gunboats."  :D

Now I've heard everything.  Funky Feet Night.  Pay your shoe size for a ticket!

Online blue911

« Reply #5: April 25, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
 George Costanza Night, Aug. 2003

The Fort Worth Miracle's tribute to the Seinfeld character commemorated Costanza's innate ability to do things opposite of the norm. Fans were paid to park and the scoreboard ran backwards from the ninth inning to the first.

Offline natsfan1a

« Reply #6: April 25, 2008, 10:53:13 AM »
That's funny! Wonder whether the team also changed from polyester to cotton unis?

Offline daveb32

« Reply #7: April 25, 2008, 06:21:30 PM »
That's funny! Wonder whether the team also changed from polyester to cotton unis?
"Oh my God! Don Mattingly ripped his pants!" :lol: