Author Topic: What moves are upcoming?  (Read 2350 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: What moves are upcoming?
« Reply #25: April 14, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
My predicition: Mackowiak passes through waivers and accepts an assignment to AAA. Makes the same money for doing nothing either way.

That makes sense because whoever claimed him would have to pay him, and right now he doesn't exactly look like a bargain.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #26: April 14, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »
I agree with Mackowiak going when either Dukes or Young returns. Who would be next? My guess is Harris.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #27: April 14, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
I agree with Mackowiak going when either Dukes or Young returns. Who would be next? My guess is Harris.

Holy cow! Are we purging the entire team?   :shock:

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENEMA!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #28: April 14, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
Holy cow! Are we purging the entire team?   :shock:

THIS TEAM NEEDS AN ENEMA!

With ICE WATER!!!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #29: April 15, 2008, 02:01:44 AM »
MLB.com reports Nationals OF Elijah Dukes continues to rehab from a strained right hamstring and has resumed baseball activities. Dukes took batting practice with the team Saturday and could be on the field as soon as Tuesday when Washington opens a series with the Mets.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #30: April 15, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'm agreeing with you here - WMP might not be ready.

Offline xposbrad

« Reply #31: April 15, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Let's hope we don't get the 0/6 dukes with 11 men LOB. I want the dukes that is going to hit .300/30hr/100rbi and going to put milledge into LF. I play a ton of softball, and sometimes it just takes 1 guy to get hot, and then everyone feeds off him and I'm hoping Dukes is going to sparkplug us.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #32: April 15, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
Let's hope we don't get the 0/6 dukes with 11 men LOB. I want the dukes that is going to hit .300/30hr/100rbi and going to put milledge into LF. I play a ton of softball, and sometimes it just takes 1 guy to get hot, and then everyone feeds off him and I'm hoping Dukes is going to sparkplug us.

I like Milledge in CF. I know Dukes is really athletic, but he's a really big guy.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #33: April 16, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »
I like Milledge in CF. I know Dukes is really athletic, but he's a really big guy.

fyi, dukes was the rays everday center fielder last yr and played the position brilliantly. he's a not your average center fielder size wise, but like you said...he's got FREAKISH athleticism.

i thought center was millz' ideal position, but it does look like he's more suited to be a corner outfielder.

so...idk. if pena's struggles continue in the mets series, i hope dukes takes over for the weekend series vs the marlins.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #34: April 16, 2008, 11:38:48 AM »

I'm sure it's been covered incessantly, but when is he due back?  I seem to have missed that somewhere.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #35: April 16, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »
I'm sure it's been covered incessantly, but when is he due back?  I seem to have missed that somewhere.

looks like things are pointing towards a return this weekend vs the marlins in the warm weather. Bowden sent him there early so he could prepare and work out...so i'm thinking that's a hint that he'll be playing and starting ( :pray:) this weekend! the anticipation is eating away at me.

« Reply #36: April 16, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »

Nationals Journal:

Elijah Dukes took batting practice again today and ran for the first time. Bowden said he wanted to get Dukes out of the cold weather here, so he is sending him to Florida early. He'll meet the team in Miami for the weekend series with the Marlins (though he still won't be ready to play.)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #37: April 16, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »
thanks, so it looks like he won't be playing until next week if I read that correctly.

« Reply #38: April 16, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
thanks, so it looks like he won't be playing until next week if I read that correctly.

Pretty much and that is the soonest I believe.

But with this team, a hamstring strain is career ending for some reason so I am not holding my breath.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #39: April 16, 2008, 01:59:58 PM »
Pretty much and that is the soonest I believe.

But with this team, a hamstring strain is career ending for some reason so I am not holding my breath.

It was for Terrmel Sledge