Author Topic: WNFF Members' Non-Nats Pictures  (Read 2126 times)

Offline saltydad

WNFF Members' Non-Nats Pictures
« Topic Start: April 10, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
I thought we already had a thread for non-Nat pix, but I can't find it. If not, maybe this can become a sticky.
Anyway, if anyone's interested, I posted new pix of my garden in my flickr pages.
flickr.com/photos/saltydad/

natsfan1a

Re: WNFF Members' Non-Nats Pictures
« Reply #1: April 10, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
Wow, those are so beautiful - thanks for sharing! You have quite the green thumb. :thumbs:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #2: April 10, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »
My dog, Moose, and I when I was a kid. This has always been my favorite picture.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: April 10, 2008, 10:34:15 PM »
My dog, Moose, and I when I was a kid. This has always been my favorite picture.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not much of a dog person, but that is a great picture :D

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: April 10, 2008, 10:37:35 PM »
Newfoundland?  We have a neighbor who cares for his "granddog"  every once and again.  The dog's name is Zeus and is part Newfoundland, part Shepherd.  He is the best dog I have ever seen and I'm a cat person!

natsfan1a

« Reply #5: April 10, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »
That is a great picture. Also, he looks like "The Beast"!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #6: April 10, 2008, 10:39:19 PM »
Newfoundland?  We have a neighbor who cares for his "granddog"  every once and again.  The dog's name is Zeus and is part Newfoundland, part Shepherd.  He is the best dog I have ever seen and I'm a cat person!

He was a Mastiff. Same family as the St. Bernard. REALLY small dogs. :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #7: April 10, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
That is a great picture. Also, he looks like "The Beast"!

Exactly like that. Another reason why I liked that movie. :)

natsfan1a

« Reply #8: April 10, 2008, 10:42:21 PM »
I wondered about that when I saw the picture of him. :lol:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #9: April 10, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »
SaltyDad: I like your photos. Are you the gardener as well? I've been dabbling in gardening but have a way to go.

My photos are here.
http://www.zooomr.com/photos/thom202/?sortmode=awesomeness

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #10: April 10, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »
I've only got one more of Moose and I (I'm in a sharing mood tonight :D). This one actually won my oldest brother an award of some kind.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #11: April 11, 2008, 12:07:31 AM »
Wow, those are so beautiful - thanks for sharing! You have quite the green thumb. :thumbs:
SaltyDad: I like your photos. Are you the gardener as well? I've been dabbling in gardening but have a way to go.

My photos are here.

1a- thanx. I got my green from my Mom. Hated helping her garden as a kid. Love it now! Aren't those daffs amazing? And was quite excited today as I removed the winter mulch from some of my palms and bananas.

thom202- thanx also. The pix quality is solely due to the camera, not me. I can determine what I want to shoot, but beyond that I leave it to my trusty new Sony camera. I'm totally into gardening. Indeed, while nursing has been my love since the 70's, I also managed a garden center/nursery for 5-6 years.Your pictures are stunning. Did you live in Duluth? Brrrr, I'm cold just from looking at that shot of lake ice. It seems there are a few good photographers here on the board. Maybe I'll be one some day. :D

FYI, there was a thread here on hobbies we have besides the Nats.
http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,5034.msg126417.html#msg126417

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #12: April 11, 2008, 12:34:38 AM »
Beautiful photos...anyone still use film? 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #13: April 11, 2008, 12:37:35 AM »
I actually still have my Pentax SLR, but to tell the truth never use it anymore.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #14: April 11, 2008, 05:19:35 AM »
Those are great, Salty.  My buddy, Rick, who was also a veteran, was a great gardener, too.  If I hadn't known better, I would have thought those pics were from our local Morikami Japanese Gardens.

natsfan1a

« Reply #15: April 11, 2008, 08:13:32 AM »
Nice pic, Ronny.

Yours are also great, Thom. Thanks for sharing! Are the Melbourne shots by any chance from the refuge/preserve that I've read about on Nats Journal? I'm hoping to bird there whenever we are able to get down there for Spring Training.

Salty, your daffies are beautiful. Might I perhaps borrow one for my avi? :)
p.s. You are so a good photographer!

I've only got one more of Moose and I (I'm in a sharing mood tonight :D). This one actually won my oldest brother an award of some kind.

My photos are here.

1a- thanx. I got my green from my Mom. Hated helping her garden as a kid. Love it now! Aren't those daffs amazing? And was quite excited today as I removed the winter mulch from some of my palms and bananas.

thom202- thanx also. The pix quality is solely due to the camera, not me. I can determine what I want to shoot, but beyond that I leave it to my trusty new Sony camera. I'm totally into gardening. Indeed, while nursing has been my love since the 70's, I also managed a garden center/nursery for 5-6 years.Your pictures are stunning. Did you live in Duluth? Brrrr, I'm cold just from looking at that shot of lake ice. It seems there are a few good photographers here on the board. Maybe I'll be one some day. :D

FYI, there was a thread here on hobbies we have besides the Nats.
http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,5034.msg126417.html#msg126417

Offline saltydad

« Reply #16: April 11, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
Salty, your daffies are beautiful. Might I perhaps borrow one for my avi? :)

I'd be honored.

natsfan1a

« Reply #17: April 11, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
Thanks. Here 'tis...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #18: April 11, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »

My photos are here.

Page 6 you have some spring training pics.  Theres' like a rope ladder on the ground.  Probably footwork drills.  But I can't help thinking about the big piano scene from the movie Big with the guys in front of it! 

natsfan1a

« Reply #19: April 11, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »
That was a great scene! :lol:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #20: April 11, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
SaltyDad.

Thank you.

I have a few relatives in Duluth, MN but live in D.C. off the NY Avenue Metro. All the photos I have online I took in the last month or so. I travel a lot for work & fun and have been taking photos since I was in Kindergarten. On occasion I put together photowalks in DC if your interested.

I recently got into gardening around 2004 thanks to my Mom and the house I bought. I've been working the front yard: reconditioning the soil (heavy clay in the beginning) and cleaning the junk out of the soil and planting perennials. The asiatic lilies and hostas tend to do the best but its coming along. One of these days I'll take some pictures of them. :)

Page 6 you have some spring training pics.  Theres' like a rope ladder on the ground.  Probably footwork drills.  But I can't help thinking about the big piano scene from the movie Big with the guys in front of it! 

It's a trip. I'd never seen it before I went to Viera. :)

Yours are also great, Thom. Thanks for sharing! Are the Melbourne shots by any chance from the refuge/preserve that I've read about on Nats Journal? I'm hoping to bird there whenever we are able to get down there for Spring Training.

Thank you. It was actually a preservation area in a friend's apartment complex. I've got some shots from the National park by the space center but they're film so I don't have them online. If you're into birding its worth the trip and a stop to see the manatees. Another nice one is to kayak on the Indian river; birds, dolphins, manatees galore.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #21: April 11, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »
No worries. If you want more tips when you make it down, just ask. I spent a fair bit of time there.

natsfan1a

« Reply #22: April 11, 2008, 10:59:48 PM »
Thanks, that would be great.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #23: April 12, 2008, 01:40:05 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

awww.. was moose a mastfi?

such a great pic

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #24: April 12, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
awww.. was moose a mastfi?

such a great pic

That is a great pic.  I think Ronny is Norman Rockwell's grandson.