Author Topic: MASN NEEDS NATS FANS HELP  (Read 706 times)

Wordman

MASN NEEDS NATS FANS HELP
« Topic Start: January 24, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
To get the Nationals on more cable we all need to call our local cable companies -YES Comcast and Cox and tell them we want MASN. Without fan's demanding the channel Comcast will take all the time they want and we will be without Nat's TV for at least till the team gets an owner.

That means games on DirecTV/RCN/and Verizon, with some on UPN 20 and FOX 5.

So call the cable companies.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: January 24, 2006, 09:06:59 AM »
I have Dish Network, and would love to see more games, but a part of me wants MASN to collapse and disintigrate.  MASN owes the Nats $20m for broadcast right this year, regardless of whether they can get us on the air or not.  I don't know if Angelos has the stomach to take a $20m bath or not, but I'm just not sure I want MASN to work.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: January 24, 2006, 09:40:46 AM »
Yeah I want MASN to die too.  But my tune could be different if I did not have DirecTV and get to watch all the games.  If youre going to call anybody, call DirecTV.  It's probably cheaper.

Wordman

« Reply #3: January 24, 2006, 09:48:36 AM »
MASN is not the best deal by far for the Nationals but make no mistake, it was put together by MLB as part of the compensation deal to Angelos and IT IS NOT GOING AWAY.

Yes for the next three years Angelos will have to pay the Nats at least $20 million dollars a year for their local TV rights. Then the MLB TV committee will review the the top ten rights fee's. Since the Nats are in the Washington, DC TV market they are in the Top Ten and so it is very likely that the ammount will go up to around $25 million.

Don't forget next season both the O's and the Nats will be on MASN and this is a 20 year deal.

The new owner of the Nats will take the MLB stake in MASN and in time that will be worth up tp 33% of the network. However, unlike the O's money, the NATS MUST MAKE NO LESS than the 9th best LOCAL TV DEAL for the 20 years of the agreement.

Best we call the Dish and Cable companies because like it or not MASN is here to stay. Maybe down the liune we will see a deal between MASN AND COMCAST SPORTSNET,  but that could be at least a year away, and most likey much longer.