Author Topic: 10,505 in attendance at Camden Yards tonight (4/2)  (Read 2111 times)

Offline sportsfan882

10,505, the smallest crowd since the ballpark opened in 1992. I know they were playing the Rays but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.  It's the second freaking game of the season. Just imagine how empty that place is going to be in July.  :rofl:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
There's always a drop off from Opening night for a lot of teams but THAT'S CRAZY! :roll:

I don't think those 10,505 are really all that upset. They got to see what they paid for: the warehouse that defines their stadium. There would be absolutely no worries if the team relocated to Vegas or Portland because they would be able to keep their warehouse.

Offline NatsAddict

Well, the Marlins had 13,720 for the Mets - which with South Florida being the 6th borough of NYC, is a major draw.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Could the reason this happened be because there really are no baseball fans in Washington.... y not? :rofl:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
How many of those were season ticket holders? I bet Baltimore is so glad they build a crappy stadium attached to a warehouse for a worthless team. LOSERS! Would have been fun to be there heckling and cheering for the Devil Rays.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I'm no Orioles hater.  I wish they were good again.  It would make for a good rivalry.

But no way is 10,000 the lowest figure.  I was at the Royals v. Orioles rain-out make-up game last September and there may have been about 2,500 - if that.

Offline saltydad

While I don't think the attendance was that low, my favorite trip will always be to the 2nd game of the double header last year and hearing as we walked in "You guys just missed it. History was made today." I was in 2nd  7th heaven the whole game. :lol:
 :-[

natsfan1a

30-3 :woop:

Offline Why Not?

10,505, the smallest crowd since the ballpark opened in 1992. I know they were playing the Rays but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.  It's the second freaking game of the season. Just imagine how empty that place is going to be in July.  :rofl:

The 10K was pretty predictable, really. All of the previous low marks were set during the first week of the season. The attendance won't go much lower than that, if at all. Even if (when) the team drops in the standings, crowds will go up as the weather warms.

While I appreciate the pleasure you take in the Orioles' struggles, recall that Camden Yards had 65 straight sellouts during its inaugural season and a 40-game streak in its second year. Care to wager that Nationals Park won't match that?

Offline saltydad

While I hate the O's, I found on my first and only trip to Camden Yards that I liked the stadium.  I was able to see from a number of seats (attendance was rather low and we moved around), food was great, service fine, and we even were able to park in the lot right in front of the stadium (due to our handicaped tag). It's the one thing Angelos has got right.

Offline sportsfan882

While I hate the O's, I found on my first and only trip to Camden Yards that I liked the stadium.  I was able to see from a number of seats (attendance was rather low and we moved around), food was great, service fine, and we even were able to park in the lot right in front of the stadium (due to our handicaped tag). It's the one thing Angelos has got right.
Yeah I like the park too which makes it even more baffling that only 10K showed up at the second game of the season.

While I appreciate the pleasure you take in the Orioles' struggles, recall that Camden Yards had 65 straight sellouts during its inaugural season and a 40-game streak in its second year. Care to wager that Nationals Park won't match that?

No thanks. While we here in DC love our new stadium, we are more concerned about the on field product rather than buildings and a warehouse.

Here is another stat for you: 11 straight losing seasons. There is a stat I would happily avoid if it means not selling out every game. But the O's seem content and if it makes them happy, who am I to complain?

Offline sportsfan882

No thanks. While we here in DC love our new stadium, we are more concerned about the on field product rather than buildings and a warehouse.

Here is another stat for you: 11 straight losing seasons. There is a stat I would happily avoid if it means not selling out every game. But the O's seem content and if it makes them happy, who am I to complain?
Right on. As Stan has always said our attendance will be what we deserve. When we become a perennial winner over the next few seasons our attendance will be fine. 

Offline Why Not?

Yeah I like the park too which makes it even more baffling that only 10K showed up at the second game of the season.

Looking around the majors, there are lots of low attendance counts this week. The Cards' sellout streak just ended. It's like this every year. Cold weather, kids are in school, people aren't really in baseball mode just yet.

Offline NatsAddict

78 degrees at Dolphin stadium last night, a 12 mph breeze, although since it's a d***ed bowl, none of which was felt in the lower levels.  Yet, a whopping 10,809 showed up to sit in seats that are generally 100-200 feet away from the field and facing medium-deep right-center, aka the 50-yard line.  The only acceptable seats in the stadium are in the lower bowl between the plate and 3b dugout.  Otherwise you need to visit a chiropractor after the game to get you neck straightened out and are sucking on Advil for a week.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

I see you're more concerned with attendance than you are with wins. You must be Angelos' adopted son or worse. Let's put down a wager on who has the better season in the W/L column and since we're talking about attendance the stake is attendance here at wnff? That way, we can rid ourselves of you pushing your birds around here.

Offline Dave B

The 10K was pretty predictable, really. All of the previous low marks were set during the first week of the season. The attendance won't go much lower than that, if at all.

Probably thought the previous low, 14k, was the bottom. 10k torpedoes that.  Yikes. Who knows where the bottom is?

bbq552

Wow...Be upset if they leave...barely but that loses a rivalry, But its there fault I mean trading Tejada just for a guy that could be 4th or 5th starter won't be great with the fans. The things is this is worse than the Marlind because the O's are still trying to get better. :)