Author Topic: Beer, Beer, and More Beer (2008-2013)  (Read 161219 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Beer, Beer, and More Beer
« Reply #2125: February 22, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
[how did this thread fall to the third page?]

From the sublime to the ridiculous: as a public service I gave Bud Light Platinum a go yesterday (when our neighbourhood Giant finally started selling it in six-packs rather than making one spring for a 12).

Those familiar with fellow A-B/InBev product Natural Ice will know what to expect - the flavours (to the extent that these brews have any flavour at all) are indistinguishable. Platinum has the easy drinkability of Natural Ice and a 1/10 of 1 percent higher ABV - 6.0 vs 5.9 - so it should get one trashed right good and proper.

However, it is priced as for premium beer - $7.49 per six-pack at Giant - so basically you're paying $3-4 more for that extra 0.1% ABV and pretty bottle. For just 10 cents more one can pick up a six of St Pauli Girl. (Haven't priced this at Harris Teeter yet; beer prices at Giant tend to be higher than at H-T, often considerably so.)

I've seen it on the shelves at the local Sheetz.  I wish they'd carry something like Pilsner Urquell.  They have Bud/Miller/Coors, including Beast and Busch, Yuengling, Heiniken (:spaz:), Stella Artois (OK but it gets old after a while), Flying Dog Pale Ale, and Sam Adams (plain old Boston Lager and occasionally the seasonal).

I could go for some Guinness at the local Irish place about right now.