Author Topic: ESPN's Sean Salisbury Crosses the Line by Calling John Clayton "crypt keeper"  (Read 3307 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/07/espns-sean-salisbury-crosses-the-line-by-calling-john-clayton/

"No kidding captain obivious"
"Listen crypt keeper let me finish...tales from the crypt" - Salisbury  :shock:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
It didn't seem that bad because they do that all the time to each other but this one seemed to hurt/offend Salisbury a little bit. The problem is that ESPN encourages this type of thing. Mike Golic said that when he filled in for Salisbury to do one of these segments the producers were telling him in his ear piece to go at Clayton in this fashion but he refused because it isn't his style.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
What a Jerk!   :nono:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
What a Jerk!   :nono:

Sean Salisbury is sort of an arrogant individual. He seems to have the attitude that because he played in the NFL he is a little better than those who never played in the NFL. Of course he forgets that in 8 seasons he had a total of 12 starts and was not very good at all. (19 TD, 19 INT, 55 COMP %, 72.9 RT)

Offline sportsfan882

This is a non-story. These guys always make fun of each other.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
This is a non-story. These guys always make fun of each other.

Yeha but its usually all fun and jokes. This time Salisbury went too far, and criticized Calyton's appearance. Come on, you could see that Clayton was embarrased and ashamed.

Oh please, cry me a river. John Clayton looks like the Cryptkeeper?  You bet your ass he does.

Offline ronnynat

He didn't cross the line at all, IMO. Clayton even makes a face playing along w/ it afterward. They always say stuff like that.

Clayton's an idiot and never lets anyone speak. At least Salisbury usually knows what he's talking about.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Okay, I'm a five year old I guess...I found that hilarious :lol:

Offline ronnynat

Okay, I'm a five year old I guess...I found that hilarious :lol:

Me, too. And deserving...but it was just trash talk

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
John Clayton looks like the Cryptkeeper?  You bet your ass he does.

I've never actually met a crypt keeper, so can't really comment on that.  But isn't ridiculing people for their appearance so, so, 5th grade?  I seldom watch ESPN, but Salisbury's face looked puffy, I bet he's one of these former athletes who's put on 40-50 lbs of blubber, and he's making fun of other people?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Actually, I think he resembles a stereotypical accountant.  Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I was right, Salisbury is getting fat really fast.

Clayton just needs to submit to baldness and take that thing off...

Offline NatsAddict

It didn't seem that bad because they do that all the time to each other but this one seemed to hurt/offend Salisbury a little bit. The problem is that ESPN encourages this type of thing. Mike Golic said that when he filled in for Salisbury to do one of these segments the producers were telling him in his ear piece to go at Clayton in this fashion but he refused because it isn't his style.

<threadjack>

Good for Mike.  He's a close friend of Sally's family.  His dad and my father law grew up together in and are best of friends.  Mike grew up across the street from Sally.  Sally's more Bobby Golic's age, so she knows him better.  Sally's youngest sister, who moved down here right after we did, is real good friends with Mike (he gets us tickets to any big games).  He has another brother that's even bigger than Bobby.  Mike's the "runt" of the family.

A couple months ago, my father in law tried Nutri-System and got absolutely violent gas from it.  He gave Mike a call to complain.  From the sounds of it, it was a hilarious phone call (nobody can tell a story like my father in law -  the guy's voting for Hillary, but is otherwise funny as h*ll - yet now, thanks to Nutri System he has no friends).  Just thinking of it again  has me laughing so hard I'm in serious pain from my face hurting. 

</threadjack>

Offline nats2playoffs

The consensus on NFL message boards, for years, is that John Clayton is, in fact, an alien from outer space.

Offline blue911

The consensus on NFL message boards, for years, is that John Clayton is, in fact, an alien from outer space.

You mean he's Sam Cassell's father?