Author Topic: NL catchers rated by Sporting News  (Read 1328 times)

natsfan1a

Offline kimnat

Re: NL catchers rated by Sporting News
« Reply #1: February 10, 2008, 11:38:42 AM »
Yeah, that trade still gives me heartburn!  In my opinion, ONE of JB's most boneheaded transactions!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: February 10, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »
Yeah, that trade still gives me heartburn!  In my opinion, ONE of JB's most boneheaded transactions!

Of course it is, considering that Schneider has a great future ahead of him and Milledge is clearly on the decline   :roll:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3: February 10, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »
I suppose if we wanted to, we could bring up the 23 year old who is at least as good as schneider and about 4 times more clutch

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: February 10, 2008, 05:07:30 PM »
I saw this too.  Complete bull crap.  If we still had Schneider and the Mets had Lo Duca the rating would still be the same.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #5: February 10, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »
Of course it is, considering that Schneider has a great future ahead of him and Milledge is clearly on the decline   :roll:

Schneider has really stunk it up for a while, and his skills behind the dish have actually been waning. This was a necessary trade. Schneider was the weak link in the lineup way too many times last year, and we needed an upgrade in a big way.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #6: February 10, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
Schneider has really stunk it up for a while, and his skills behind the dish have actually been waning. This was a necessary trade. Schneider was the weak link in the lineup way too many times last year, and we needed an upgrade in a big way.

I totally agree (I hope you were able to note the sarcasm behind my post  :lol:).

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #7: February 10, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »
I totally agree (I hope you were able to note the sarcasm behind my post  :lol:).

Yeah, just adding to your sentiment.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #8: February 10, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »

do people recall 2 yrs ago when the mets REJECTED a MANNY RAMIREZ for LASTINGS MILLEDGE trade? we got a silky smooth future all star in milledge for ryan church and brian schneider. i think that trade was one of jimbo's most masterful trades. the mutts are gonna end up regretting that trade more than trading kazmir. i can't wait for milledge to torture the mutts for the next 10+ years.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #9: February 10, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
do people recall 2 yrs ago when the mets REJECTED a MANNY RAMIREZ for LASTINGS MILLEDGE trade? we got a silky smooth future all star in milledge for ryan church and brian schneider. i think that trade was one of jimbo's most masterful trades. omar is gonna end up regretting that trade more than trading kazmir.

I don't quite remember the details of that proposed trade. Who else was involved?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #10: February 10, 2008, 05:47:38 PM »
I don't quite remember the details of that proposed trade. Who else was involved?

i don't recall the exact details either, but it was one of the hottest trade rumors in 2005.

i did a quick google, and it was manny for milledge with mike cameron and some others throw in the mix to the red sox.

i understand that milledge was one of the most highly touted prospects 2 years ago and his stock has dropped since then but we seriously stole milledge from the mutts. he's still incredibly young at 22, and has never truly got a consistent chance to shine at the big level, now he will as our everyday center fielder (his ideal position).

it's crazy that within a span of 6 months our outfield is set for the foreseeable future with the additions of pena, milledge, and dukes. all 3 of them are going to be a future force to be reckon with.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #11: February 10, 2008, 05:48:20 PM »

Boston was asking for Milledge, Mike Cameron, and then either Yusmeiro Petit or Aaron Heilman.  It was a 3-for-1 deal which would have left the Mets picking up a minimum of and additonal $12 million in payroll.