Author Topic: SUPER BOWL  (Read 663 times)

nospinzone1

SUPER BOWL
« Topic Start: February 06, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

MrMadison

Re: SUPER BOWL
« Reply #1: February 06, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: February 07, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: February 08, 2008, 06:18:08 PM »
Can You Believe This!  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/We-must-stop-the-unfair-treatment-of-the-New-Eng?urn=nfl%2C65863

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?!   :stupid: :panic:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: February 08, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »

Even if what they say is correct, and I'd have to watch the replay to see what the hell they're talking about because the language of that petition didn't make any sense (a moron must've written it), the Giants would've managed the clock different;y. Sure it may have altered the outcome but it also may have robbed them of any chance to get in field goal range to tie the game. This is the fans though not the team. They need to let that go. I did notice some irregularities with the clock at the end of that game but none that would merit a review or protest. Again.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #5: February 09, 2008, 06:01:28 PM »
Can You Believe This!  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/We-must-stop-the-unfair-treatment-of-the-New-Eng?urn=nfl%2C65863

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black?!   :stupid: :panic:

OK I just saw the end of this game again and the NE fans do have a point. The refs oddly stopped the clock when they should not have (at least not in the NFL) and not only added 6 seconds to the clock but kept the clock from running until the Giants snapped the ball essentially granting them an extra timeout. This definitely altered the clock and perhaps the flow of the game. However, the way I calculated it, the Giants go ahead TD would've been scored with under 20 seconds (assuming everything had progressed identically as far as playcalling and execution). You never know but the reality is that the Patriots had their chances and didn't take advantage of them.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #6: February 10, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
Kind of related.  When's the Pro Bowl?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #7: February 10, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
Kind of related.  When's the Pro Bowl?

LOL It's on now but nobody watches that garbage. In my opinion the season ends when the conference championship games end. The Super Bowl has become a marketing and entertainment tool. Of course if my team were playing in the Super Bowl that would be different but that is not likely to happen soon :?

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #8: February 10, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »
I just wanted to see the opening.  Missed it with the Redskins wearing the Taylor Jerseys.  One of my TVs skipped over Fox.  I couldn't channel surf to it.

AFC is leading, last time I checked.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #9: February 10, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »
NFC 28-27.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #10: February 10, 2008, 08:25:38 PM »