Capitals
2 (40%)
They'll reach first on the same day
1 (20%)
Neither will reach first place this season
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 01, 2008, 05:58:01 PM

Author Topic: Who'll be tops in their Southeast division first, the Wiz or Caps?  (Read 718 times)

Offline PC

Both are in second place, right now.  The Wizards are two games back of Orlando and the Caps are 3 points behind Carolina.

Bonus points for the person who picks the date their choice takes first place!

Offline sportsfan882

I'd say the Caps would take over First Place in their division first because the Wizards have a very touch schedule upcoming.  The Wiz will overtake Orlando before the season is over but I think the Magic will hold on to it a little bit longer.  We have two very tough West road trips in the next few months.  Orlando has already made their 2 big road trips. 

Caps take over First Place: Friday, February 8th after defeating the Canes
Wiz take over First Place: Monday, March 17th after defeating the Hawks

Offline Dave B

Both are in second place, right now.  The Wizards are two games back of Orlando and the Caps are 3 points behind Carolina.

Bonus points for the person who picks the date their choice takes first place!

If the population were colectively good enough at math, a more relevant standings criteria like points per game would be used instead of total points. By this count, the Caps would be in first place right now

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
If the population were colectively good enough at math, a more relevant standings criteria like points per game would be used instead of total points. By this count, the Caps would be in first place right now

Most fans would rather rank the divisional standings by "feel".   :roll:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I think the Caps have at least a 30% chance of taking the SE, but I would actually almost prefer they sneak into the 8th spot and sweep Ottawa in the first round  :icon_mrgreen:

nospinzone1

I think the Caps have at least a 30% chance of taking the SE, but I would actually almost prefer they sneak into the 8th spot and sweep Ottawa in the first round  :icon_mrgreen:

HOW MANY TIMES CAN LIGHTNING STRIKE? I RATHER FINISH IN FIRST PLACE AND I THINK THE PERCENTAGE NOW IS MORE LIKE 75 PERCENT. THE RUSHKIES ARE HOT AND THE SWEDISH KID IS AWESOME. IF COULD ONLY GET OLIE TO WAKE UP. OLIE CARRIED THE TEAM FOR YEARS AND NOW THAT HE HAS A GOOD TEAM HE IS TANKING.

Offline PC

Ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner.

It's the Caps on February 6th.  :woop:

Offline sportsfan882

I'd say the Caps would take over First Place in their division first because the Wizards have a very touch schedule upcoming.  The Wiz will overtake Orlando before the season is over but I think the Magic will hold on to it a little bit longer.  We have two very tough West road trips in the next few months.  Orlando has already made their 2 big road trips. 

Caps take over First Place: Friday, February 8th after defeating the Canes
Wiz take over First Place: Monday, March 17th after defeating the Hawks
I was close, I said the 8th! 2 days off!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

Uhh, what about defense?  That has to count for something :lol:

Offline Dave B

Uhh, what about defense?  That has to count for something :lol:

points are not synonymous with goals. i'm talking about standings points, where you get 2 for a win, 0 for a regular time loss, 1 for OT/SO loss.  when I said that the caps had less points (from wins and OT/SO losses) than the canes, but they played less games. 

for instance, if the caps were behind the canes by a point, but played two less games, there is a pretty good chance the caps would win (or lose in OT/SO) one of those two games  they have yet to play and thus be in first place (or a tie)