Author Topic: MLB Player Battles  (Read 433 times)

Offline ronnynat

MLB Player Battles
« Topic Start: January 09, 2008, 06:31:11 AM »
I figured a thread should be made where we can just chat about random players throughout the league. Maybe some debates over who's better than who (fantasy baseball-wise or not) or just who you think is going to be great (or even terrible) in the future.

Offline ronnynat

Re: MLB Player Battles
« Reply #1: January 09, 2008, 06:43:18 AM »
I'll start w/ a battle:

Ryan Braun vs. David Wright

I think Braun is more of a threat to Zimmerman to make the All Star team than Wright is. His .324 BA, 34 HR, and 97 RBI in only 113 games says it all. Had he played more of the first half of last season, I'd think he would have actually been pretty close to getting the AS nod over Wright, regardless of Wright's popularity and the fact that he plays in NY.

An argument for Wright would be that he has a better glove (maybe) and that he stole 35 bases last season. He also had a BA of .325, while playing more games.

This is actually a tough one b/c you have to figure what they have around them as well. I'd say, going into '08, that I'd rather have Braun on my team (real OR fantasy) than Wright. I'm not really thinking the kid will have a sophomore slump like a lot seem to do. This isn't just my anti-other NL East teams side talking either. :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #2: January 09, 2008, 06:51:37 AM »
I have this funny feeling Ryan Church is going to have a great year. Not just b/c of not being at RFK anymore or the fact that he's an ex-Nat, but b/c this is his first chance to start anew. I think we all have seen what he COULD do. If any season was the year to really show it, it'll be this '08 season.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #3: January 09, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »
I'll start w/ a battle:

Ryan Braun vs. David Wright

I think Braun is more of a threat to Zimmerman to make the All Star team than Wright is. His .324 BA, 34 HR, and 97 RBI in only 113 games says it all. Had he played more of the first half of last season, I'd think he would have actually been pretty close to getting the AS nod over Wright, regardless of Wright's popularity and the fact that he plays in NY.

An argument for Wright would be that he has a better glove (maybe) and that he stole 35 bases last season. He also had a BA of .325, while playing more games.

This is actually a tough one b/c you have to figure what they have around them as well. I'd say, going into '08, that I'd rather have Braun on my team (real OR fantasy) than Wright. I'm not really thinking the kid will have a sophomore slump like a lot seem to do. This isn't just my anti-other NL East teams side talking either. :D

He is a beast - hopefully he can be more consistent than Ryan Howard - but he needs to move to the outfield - hear he's a disaster at fielding