Author Topic: Roger Clemens files suit against Brian McNamee  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Roger Clemens files suit against Brian McNamee
« Reply #25: January 08, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »
I am sick of Clemens. I don’t care one way or another anymore. It surprises me how quickly someone can redefine their reputation via ill chosen words. That said, I've have the proverbial attention span of a goldfish for media hype.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #26: January 09, 2008, 06:19:20 AM »

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #27: January 09, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
Clemens was certainly indignant on "60 Minutes" Sunday night, even without the explicatives.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #28: January 09, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »
An interesting little tid-bit from FanNation's Truth & Rumors

No interviewer, not Mike Wallace of "60 Minutes" or any of the reporters who attended the Roger Clemens news conference Monday, asked him if he had prescriptions for lidocaine and injectable B12. If he didn't, he used them illegally. If he did have a prescription, why didn't he have the doctor who prescribed them give him the shots? If not the doctor, why not the team trainer? Why his personal trainer?

LINK

natsfan1a

« Reply #29: January 09, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
McNamee's lawyers have alerted Congress to another tape, this one of Clemens' P.I.s interviewing McNamee:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3187302

natsfan1a

« Reply #30: January 09, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »
Along those lines, here's a Daily News piece with Victor Conte's suggested line of questioning regarding which substances were used and how:

http://tinyurl.com/2ypb5n

An interesting little tid-bit from FanNation's Truth & Rumors

LINK

natsfan1a

« Reply #31: January 09, 2008, 01:47:08 PM »
Re. the Clemens tape, here's a thought-provoking piece by Shaun Assael for ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=assael_shaun&id=3185725

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #32: January 09, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
^oh man, you're going NUTS w/ the Clemens story :D. MORE LINKS!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #33: January 09, 2008, 01:57:30 PM »
natsfan1a's strong suit is updating the board with links.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #34: January 09, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »

And of course, one of natsfan1a's favorite TV characters is LINK from the Mod Squad... ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: January 09, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
And of course, one of natsfan1a's favorite TV characters is LINK from the Mod Squad... ;)

And because we strive to keep on 1a's good side, I posted a link to her Link on the Beautiful Man thread.   :P

natsfan1a

« Reply #36: January 09, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
True, I was waiting for a project to come in (zzzzzz).  :icon_mrgreen:

^oh man, you're going NUTS w/ the Clemens story :D. MORE LINKS!

:P

Actually, that's true! :lol:

:lol: I'm going to go check now...very nice! :thumbs:

And because we strive to keep on 1a's good side, I posted a link to her Link on the Beautiful Man thread.   :P

Offline spidernat

« Reply #37: January 09, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »
ESPN is reporting that Clemens' Congressional hearing has been postponed to February 13 to give the committee more time to look into the situation and prepare.

link

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #38: January 09, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
ESPN is reporting that Clemens' Congressional hearing has been postponed to February 13 to give the committee more time to look into the situation and prepare.

That's good.  More time = tougher questions.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #39: January 09, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
That's good.  More time = tougher questions.

You think so? I certainly hope so.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #40: January 09, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
You think so? I certainly hope so.

Plus McNamee's counsel is trying to get hold of tapes of his interrogation, where he was steadfast in describing Clemens steroid use.  Somebody isn't telling the truth here, and I hope it comes out.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #41: January 09, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »
Plus McNamee's counsel is trying to get hold of tapes of his interrogation, where he was steadfast in describing Clemens steroid use.  Somebody isn't telling the truth here, and I hope it comes out.

So you're referring to the tapes that investigators made not the ones Clemens' camp has in their possession? Because from what I understand, they are now saying that they have another tape of McNamee being interviewed by his private investigators. I want to say that McNamee is a moron for not assuming they were taping him but he probably feels scared, cornered and intimidated by Clemens and his people. Plus it doesn't sound like his personal situation is strong at the moment.

But yeah someone is clearly lying and I don't see how Congress will take kindly to that. Of course bigger fish have lied under oath and gotten away with it  ;)

What about the article that our correspondent (natsfan1a) posted today in which Conte was suggesting a line of questioning and possible answers? He strikes me as an jerk  :?

natsfan1a

« Reply #42: January 09, 2008, 09:59:51 PM »
I prefer cub reporter. :)

What about the article that our correspondent (natsfan1a) posted today in which Conte was suggesting a line of questioning and possible answers? He strikes me as an *******  :?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #43: January 10, 2008, 08:01:04 AM »
So you're referring to the tapes that investigators made not the ones Clemens' camp has in their possession? Because from what I understand, they are now saying that they have another tape of McNamee being interviewed by his private investigators. I want to say that McNamee is a moron for not assuming they were taping him but he probably feels scared, cornered and intimidated by Clemens and his people. Plus it doesn't sound like his personal situation is strong at the moment.

I completely agree with this assessment.  McNamee's son is apparently critically ill, on top of everything else, and since his son is a big fan of Clemens, McNamee thought maybe Clemens could call him in the hospital to try to cheer him up.  That was the purpose of McNamee calling Clemens, as per the text message. 

So, Clemens gets his legal team in place, gets the recording studio all set up, and manipulates the call to the extent possible to try to get something out of McNamee that might help him.  On that count he failed. 

natsfan1a

« Reply #44: January 10, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
I hadn't heard the text message part. Wow.

I completely agree with this assessment.  McNamee's son is apparently critically ill, on top of everything else, and since his son is a big fan of Clemens, McNamee thought maybe Clemens could call him in the hospital to try to cheer him up.  That was the purpose of McNamee calling Clemens, as per the text message. 

MrMadison

« Reply #45: January 10, 2008, 08:13:18 AM »
Clemens also said during his news conference in Houston that if McNamee had come to his hometown, "I would be afraid for him because my family's very upset ... and I'm trying to keep my composure together through all this."

so....threats of bodily harm now?

natsfan1a

« Reply #46: January 10, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
That's the impression I had.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #47: January 10, 2008, 09:14:43 AM »
and since his son is a big fan of Clemens, McNamee thought maybe Clemens could call him in the hospital to try to cheer him up. 

I know this must be a tough thing for McNamee with his son in the hospital but at some point he has to come to grips with the reality that his relationship with Clemens is finished and should know not to be reaching out to him for any type of help. Hopefully when he learned of the tape he realized what a POS Clemens is and has given up all hope of that. And Clemens really has shown to be a complete POS. Clemens will apparently do anything and go to any length to be exonerated even though he knows he's guilty and that includes sending someone to jail and even resorting to veiled threats of physical harm (redneck tactics). I can't get over the fact that he began the phone conversation by showing deep concern for McNamee's little boy when he knew all along that his main goal was to trip up McNamee for his own gain. It's low to use that little boy's condition for this purpose.

natsfan1a

« Reply #48: January 10, 2008, 12:16:29 PM »
Yes, very.

It's low to use that little boy's condition for this purpose.