Author Topic: Xm for the truly desperate  (Read 1053 times)

arkymark

Xm for the truly desperate
« Topic Start: January 07, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »
I was up all night last night hosting the flu, best two falls out of three, and discovered that they re-play classic games from 3-6 a.m.  That may not seem so useful, but a lot of their receivers have memory capacity so you could save the broadcasts.  Last night was the Mariners/Rangers from 1999, a 2-2 game that was won by the home team Rangers in the bottom of the eighth.  Part of me says only the most pathetic would find this appealing, but part of me things, well, maybe the pretty pathetic would as well. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Xm for the truly desperate
« Reply #1: January 07, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »
What's also fun are the comedy channels.  They're a hoot!

natsfan1a

« Reply #2: January 07, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
Heck, I'd tune in, if I had XM!

Part of me says only the most pathetic would find this appealing, but part of me things, well, maybe the pretty pathetic would as well. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #3: January 08, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
I watch the Nationals Classics on MASN. What's a Nats fan to do in January?

natsfan1a

« Reply #4: January 08, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »
 :( :'( (no cable either) :)

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #5: January 09, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »
:( :'( (no cable either) :)
Oh my! And I thought we were out the loop because we don't have HBO.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #6: January 09, 2008, 08:55:30 AM »
We are frequently subject to ridicule by our nieces and nephew and our more technologically advanced friends. We *did* finally get a broadband connection in 2006 and recently upgraded our cell phones to non-boat-anchor quality. Our efforts to move into the 21st century continue... :lol:

Perhaps the dumbest thing I ever did was help Sally overcome her feat of ATM machines and debit cards.

natsfan1a

« Reply #7: January 09, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »
To prolong this thread derailment (a point of pride here at Derailments R Us ;)) and on a serious personal safety note, I rarely use bank ATMs these days because so many stores allow you to add a cash disbursement on top of your purchase. You may also avoid being hit with transaction fees by doing that.

Perhaps the dumbest thing I ever did was help Sally overcome her feat of ATM machines and debit cards.

arkymark

« Reply #8: January 09, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
Last night's game was the 6-3-05 game between the Marlins and the Nationals.  Good to hear the old names from so long ago.