Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3 (W)  (Read 50275 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3 (W)
« Reply #100: September 28, 2005, 09:02:59 PM »
Between FIVE AP CLASSES, applying to college and trying not to go into depression. I dont have time to post anymore but i just had to comment. WHERE THE HELL WAS ALL THIS OFFENSE a few weeks ago? you know we scored at least 20 runs in the last two games. God, really IS this the same team that looked so pathetic playing the Mets? Hope we keep it up and sweep the Phillies too.

o and by the way, I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING A KID WHO DIDNT NO JACK ABOUT BASEBALL AND TURNING HIM INTO A TRUE NATZFANATIC!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! I'M GOING TO NAME MY KIDS AFTER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF!! okay maybe not but you get the idea :wink:  8)  :lol:  :)  :o  :D

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #101: September 28, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »
Quote from: "natslive"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Greetings, folks.

I checked out for a while, Nats losing 3-2.

After having read a book, brushed teeth, said a prayer and fed the fish, we are winning 9-3.  Hope I can remember that sequence tomorrow.

I am really happy for Marlon.  He brings a lot of enthusiasm to the game, and with his athleticism, he must have been really frustrated at times this season.  But he's putting forth a major claim on a key role next season.  

In other action, I root for both Boston and NY to lose, and Indians to win.

go Indians as well......also rooting for the Angels as my man Vladimir is with them (wouldn't he look good in a Nats uniform....shame)...agree Byrd is staking a claim on a starting job for next year and Zimm sure looks like he might be a good one.....it's a small sample and only time will tell but right now he's looking pretty good....Zimm just made a good play according to the Marlins announcers on XM....

In case you didnt know, the ANGELS have already clinched

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #102: September 28, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »
......also rooting for the Angels as my man Vladimir is with them

Crap on the Angels...I can't stand them ever since "Hey Kool-Aid!" Scioscia embarassed himself against Frank early this year.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #103: September 28, 2005, 09:03:53 PM »
Mets down 7-3.

perhaps we can leapfrog them tonight, and move into 3rd.

natslive

« Reply #104: September 28, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »
AL update....Jeter singles - Yanks up 2-1

natslive

« Reply #105: September 28, 2005, 09:08:58 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Greetings, folks.

After having read a book, brushed teeth, said a prayer and fed the fish, we are winning 9-3.  Hope I can remember that sequence tomorrow.

I am really happy for Marlon.  He brings a lot of enthusiasm to the game, and with his athleticism, he must have been really frustrated at times this season.  But he's putting forth a major claim on a key role next season.  

go Indians as well......also rooting for the Angels as my man Vladimir is with them (wouldn't he look good in a Nats uniform....shame)...agree Byrd is staking a claim on a starting job for next year and Zimm sure looks like he might be a good one.....it's a small sample and only time will tell but right now he's looking pretty good....Zimm just made a good play according to the Marlins announcers on XM....

now the Angels need to go all the way....

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #106: September 28, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »
Greetings, folks.

you know out of impulse I was about to say WHAT ABOUT THE NATS?

natslive

« Reply #107: September 28, 2005, 09:10:31 PM »
Between FIVE AP CLASSES, applying to college and trying not to go into depression. I dont have time to post anymore but i just had to comment. WHERE THE HELL WAS ALL THIS OFFENSE a few weeks ago? you know we scored at least 20 runs in the last two games. God, really IS this the same team that looked so pathetic playing the Mets? Hope we keep it up and sweep the Phillies too.

o and by the way, I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING A KID WHO DIDNT NO JACK ABOUT BASEBALL AND TURNING HIM INTO A TRUE NATZFANATIC!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!! I'M GOING TO NAME MY KIDS AFTER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF!! okay maybe not but you get the idea :wink:  8)  :lol:  :)  :o  :D

hang in there......don't get depressed and remember the Nats will be back next year....let's hope they sweep the Phillies this weekend so we can end up in 3rd place....

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #108: September 28, 2005, 09:10:33 PM »
Rain delay  :?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #109: September 28, 2005, 09:11:27 PM »
although i love Vlad and always have since I was an Expos fan, I can't bring myself to root for the Angels just because of him.

JMad the "hey kool-aid" was funny but where did that come from?  I'm missing the reference to Sciosia I guess.

natslive

« Reply #110: September 28, 2005, 09:11:40 PM »
Greetings, folks.

you know out of impulse I was about to say WHAT ABOUT THE NATS?

maybe next year we will go all the way......

Offline esoteric

« Reply #111: September 28, 2005, 09:12:52 PM »
Is the game official?

BTW, I haven't been able to post lately because orientation was last week and law school classes began this week.  

Which probably also explains the "cerebral" thingy.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #112: September 28, 2005, 09:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
although i love Vlad and always have since I was an Expos fan, I can't bring myself to root for the Angels just because of him.

JMad the "hey kool-aid" was funny but where did that come from?  I'm missing the reference to Sciosia I guess.

It is a joke...you have to be old enough to get it (old enough for the 70s era Kool Aid commercials)...

Basically whenever the Angels starting pitcher gets into trouble and they need a releiver...the whole crowd at Angels Stadium should shout: "HEY KOOL AID!"  Then Mike Scioscia should be wheeled out on roller skates...you know...fat man in all red.   :lol:

natslive

« Reply #113: September 28, 2005, 09:14:43 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Is the game official?

BTW, I haven't been able to post lately because orientation was last week and law school classes began this week.  

Which probably also explains the "cerebral" thingy.

they've played 5 innings so that would make it official....Marlins announcers are saying that they think the rains will move thru fairly quickly...

natslive

« Reply #114: September 28, 2005, 09:16:09 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "The Chief"

It is a joke...you have to be old enough to get it (old enough for the 70s era Kool Aid commercials)...

Basically whenever the Angels starting pitcher gets into trouble and they need a releiver...the whole crowd at Angels Stadium should shout: "HEY KOOL AID!"  Then Mike Scioscia should be wheeled out on roller skates...you know...fat man in all red.   :lol:

that's a good one.....and yes I guess I'm old as I do remember "Hey Kool-Aid man".....

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #115: September 28, 2005, 09:16:09 PM »
nationalsradio@aol.com

send Charlie and dave some questions during the rain Delay.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #116: September 28, 2005, 09:18:53 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that besides the Cardinals, NL teams in general really suck compare to AL teams? The Braves clinched their division with 90 wins. Whereas if they were over in the AL, they would not be first in any division or the wild card

Offline The Chief

« Reply #117: September 28, 2005, 09:19:07 PM »
I know of the kool-aid commercials, I just didn't get the connection to Sciosia.  Good stuff.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #118: September 28, 2005, 09:21:12 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that besides the Cardinals, NL teams in general really suck compare to AL teams? The Braves clinched their division with 90 wins. Whereas if they were over in the AL, they would not be first in any division or the wild card

actually it is the opposite.

if the Cardinals were in the AL, they'd win 120 games.

The Braves would win 100.

the NL is more competitive.

natslive

« Reply #119: September 28, 2005, 09:23:36 PM »

I wouldn't say the NL sucks (except for the West) it's just that the teams are more evenly matched - for example look at our division - all 5 teams could conceiveably finish at over .500 - you'd never see that in the American league - you have more haves and have nots whereas the NL teams are closer to each other in talent and since they play each division rival a lot....

tarp is coming off the field in Florida

natslive

« Reply #120: September 28, 2005, 09:25:37 PM »
AL update - Devil Rays beat Cleveland 1-0........darn......course if Tampa keeps winning they could overtake the Os for 4th place in the AL east

Offline The Chief

« Reply #121: September 28, 2005, 09:26:03 PM »
alright guys I'm going to the batting cage to cut loose.  Bring this one home for us, I know the Nats can do it with you guys' help ;) :D

natslive

« Reply #122: September 28, 2005, 09:27:10 PM »
double for Nick, Jamey to 3rd.....

Offline esoteric

« Reply #123: September 28, 2005, 09:27:22 PM »
Nick does it again!  Nearly a home run!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #124: September 28, 2005, 09:28:08 PM »
Game continues...short delay!