Author Topic: playoff ticket invoice (or should I say ripoff)  (Read 1105 times)

natslive

playoff ticket invoice (or should I say ripoff)
« Topic Start: September 21, 2005, 05:04:46 PM »
got the invoice for playoff tickets today....our $40 seats in section 212 are now costing over $100 each if we buy them for playoffs - for 11 games, cost would be 1205 for each seat plus there is a total of $89 in processing/shipping fees....what a ripoff......but you do get a free parking pass for each 2 seats purchased.....no breakdown for how much each game is aka wildcard, division or World Series.....oh well think we're pretty much out of the playoff picture so will just enjoy the rest of the season

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: playoff ticket invoice (or should I say ripoff)
« Reply #1: September 23, 2005, 01:03:07 PM »
Quote from: "natslive"
we're pretty much out of the playoff picture so will just enjoy the rest of the season

You can remove the second and third word in that statement, and I too WILL enjoy what's left of this season.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: September 23, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »
I was stunned when I figured my $10 seats were going to cost $80.75 for the playoffs.  I would have guessed $20-30 ea.

Some folks on the other board were saying the pricing is dictated by MLB, but others disagreed.  I don't know who really is responsible, but I didn't really like it.

Nonetheless, I think I would have put together a consortium to make sure I could at least get to a game or two.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: September 24, 2005, 12:23:58 AM »
Maybe you (everyone really) should start a personal playoff fund, so you and they can afford to see post season games next year... :wink:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: September 24, 2005, 10:21:12 AM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Maybe you (everyone really) should start a personal playoff fund, so you and they can afford to see post season games next year... :wink:

No kidding.   I think the regular season tickets are reasonably priced.  That is, while you can certainly buy seats for >$50 if you are so inclined, there are lots of very good $10 - $20 seats available.  Seats in this price range at RFK compare very favorably with seats in the same price range at the only 2 other parks with which I have personal experience, Camden Yards and Arlington, TX.   At RFK you are closer to the field, my #1 priority.

But the 6 playoff games were going to cost more than twice as much as 20 regular season games!  I also don't know why they don't offer all the playoff games.  They offered everyone tickets to opening day, why not the playoffs?  Although, given the prices, I could not have gotten much support for buying all the tickets at $80 ea.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #5: September 26, 2005, 08:56:09 AM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
I also don't know why they don't offer all the playoff games.  They offered everyone tickets to opening day, why not the playoffs?  Although, given the prices, I could not have gotten much support for buying all the tickets at $80 ea.

I think the reason why us 20 gamers were only offered the chance to buy half the playoff games is because the league gets a big chunk of seats for the playoffs and WS. They dole a lot of them to the other team and to their corporate backers.