Author Topic: Coolbaugh's Widow gets player share  (Read 1156 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Coolbaugh's Widow gets player share
« Topic Start: November 27, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »
As stated during the WS.  Coolbaugh's widow received her player's share of WS earnings from the Rockies: 

Coolbaugh's widow gets share of World Series bonus

November 26, 2007
NEW YORK (TICKER) -- The Colorado Rockies on Monday awarded a full share of their World Series bonus to Mandy Coolbaugh, widow of the late Mike Coolbaugh who died when he was hit in the head by a line drive while working as the organization's first-base coach at Class AA Tulsa in July.

Coolbaugh, who played for the Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals during a brief major league career, was 35 when he died on July 22.

Coolbaugh's widow will receive $233,505.18 from the Rockies as her share of a total players' pool of $12,590,253.89. The Rockies awarded 44 full shares, five partial shares and 45 cash awards.

The Rockies were swept in the World Series by the Boston Red Sox, who received a total player pool of $18,885,380.84.

The Red Sox awarded 47 full shares, worth $308,235.75 each, as well as 14 partial shares and 11 cash awards.

Updated on Monday, Nov 26, 2007 2:01 pm, EST

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Coolbaugh's Widow gets player share
« Reply #1: November 27, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
A very nice gesture, and given the salaries of a typical minor league base coach, probably a meaningful gift.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: November 27, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »
It makes no never mind, but still, it would be cool to find out who suggested he get a full share. Whoever that is, I want them on my team... (in a manner f speaking)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: November 27, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
It makes no never mind, but still, it would be cool to find out who suggested he get a full share. Whoever that is, I want them on my team... (in a manner f speaking)

Right.  I can hear the conversation now...."and I propose one full share to each poster in WNFF who has between 4 and 5 thousand posts, in recognition of their unrivaled dedication...."

natsfan1a

« Reply #4: November 27, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
I agree. It was a wonderful gesture. The Coolbaughs had two young sons and she was pregnant when he died. She has since given birth to a girl.

When the story first came out, the skipper said that it was some of the veteran players who came up with the idea. The other players got on board immediately. It was not publicized until Hurdle mentioned it to somebody in the media at some point during the postseason. There was also a memorial fund established, by the team, I think.

natsfan1a

« Reply #5: November 27, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
:rofl: (and that makes 4119 for me :) )

Right.  I can hear the conversation now...."and I propose one full share to each poster in WNFF who has between 4 and 5 thousand posts, in recognition of their unrivaled dedication...."

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: November 27, 2007, 08:04:21 PM »

LOL There you go, and even a half share or cash amount would be more than welcome... But think, by the time the Nats win a WS, even you will be over five thousand posts... So maybe WNFF with more than 4 thousands posts to be safe...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: November 27, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »
LOL There you go, and even a half share or cash amount would be more than welcome... But think, by the time the Nats win a WS, even you will be over five thousand posts... So maybe WNFF with more than 4 thousands posts to be safe...

LOL, I was thinking that for sure you'll have 28 more posts by tomorrow even, and it would be a struggle for me, but at least I would stand a chance.  Then ol' 1a had to crash my fantasy session....

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #8: November 27, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »
 Why is it Tom and Natsfan1a have posted twice on this thread and the number of posts haven't changed.  Does it have to change subject?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #9: November 28, 2007, 01:31:16 AM »
Why is it Tom and Natsfan1a have posted twice on this thread and the number of posts haven't changed.  Does it have to change subject?

You will always see a member's current Post count under their name. If you take not of yours before you post and after, you will notice that the number increases by 1 each time you post a message. Subjects have nothing to do with the numbers

natsfan1a

« Reply #10: November 28, 2007, 07:07:31 AM »
It's a conspiracy, I tells ya! :)

We're both still in the running, tomterp. ;)

LOL, I was thinking that for sure you'll have 28 more posts by tomorrow even, and it would be a struggle for me, but at least I would stand a chance.  Then ol' 1a had to crash my fantasy session....