Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List (2007-2011)  (Read 114996 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #150: February 23, 2008, 04:36:30 PM »
I saw Juno, We Own the Night, The Prestige, Silk, and Good Luck Chuck in the last few weeks.

Juno was AWESOME. I was really interested in what all the hype was about w/ this one, and it was definitely deserving. Ellen Page showed that she has the ability to be a good actress for a long time. J.K. Simmons' (the father) character really put this movie over the top for me. He was perfect in that role.

We Own the Night was also great. This was the best I've ever seen Joaquin Phoenix act. The movie kind of had a Scarface feel to it. Definitely recommended.

Prestige is a tough one for me to rate. The acting was great (Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Caine all gave stellar performances), but the directing/writing was a little off to me. It's a movie that's supposed to keep you guessing, but I guessed right way too early and I lost some interest near the end. I know some will really like this one, though. A lot of people seemed to.

I don't recommend Silk at all except for just going to see the cinematography and Keira Knightley. The acting was pretty good, but that type of love story has been done a million times before...and better.

Good Luck Chuck sucked, IMO. Dane Cook is just a terrible actor and the plot was just boring. Dan Fogler was good in it, though. He's pretty hilarious.