Author Topic: Great game Redskins  (Read 2171 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Great game Redskins
« Topic Start: November 11, 2007, 04:11:06 PM »
I cannot express in words how angry I am about this loss but after all this is expected.  When you play not to lose a game by running the ball into a wall instead of throwing the ball in the endzone like you have done all day then you will lose. The Redskins had been playing like this all season but had just been getting away with wins but finally their stupidity has caught up with them.  The Redskins had a chance to win the game and go up by 9 but instead Gibbs ran the ball and ran the ball and ran the ball to no avail.  The defense is a huge disappointment as well.  They are one of the most overrated units in the NFL.  They let gimpy old McNabb eat them alive today.  Instead of getting pressure on McNabb and forcing him into making mistakes they set back and let McNabb pick them apart.. Oh well, this team is what they are.  They'll finish 7-9 or 8-8 as I predicted weeks ago. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Great game Redskins
« Reply #1: November 11, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »
This was a particularly tough game for me to watch. It seems like Gibbs - or whoever is calling the plays - is completely tone deaf. The same silly passes three yards short of first down yardage, continuing to try to run it in after Sellers gets dinged...

I guess I just hoped for more against the hapless Eagles.

I cannot express in words how angry I am about this loss but after all this is expected.  When you play not to lose a game by running the ball into a wall instead of throwing the ball in the endzone like you have done all day then you will lose. The Redskins had been playing like this all season but had just been getting away with wins but finally their stupidity has caught up with them.  The Redskins had a chance to win the game and go up by 9 but instead Gibbs ran the ball and ran the ball and ran the ball to no avail.  The defense is a huge disappointment as well.  They are one of the most overrated units in the NFL.  They let gimpy old McNabb eat them alive today.  Instead of getting pressure on McNabb and forcing him into making mistakes they set back and let McNabb pick them apart.. Oh well, this team is what they are.  They'll finish 7-9 or 8-8 as I predicted weeks ago. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: November 11, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Cooley going offside was a really nice play.  We had two receivers lined up on one defensive back, and he jumps offside.  Great.

nospinzone1

« Reply #3: November 11, 2007, 11:52:23 PM »
I SAID SEVERAL GAMES AGO THAT WE WERE NOT GOING NOWHERE THIS YEAR.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: November 12, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
I SAID SEVERAL GAMES AGO THAT WE WERE NOT GOING NOWHERE THIS YEAR.
Yep, I predicted after the choke job in Lambeau that we would finish 7-9.  After they get obliterated by Dallas next week I think even the biggest optimists will jump ship. 

This team has the tools and talent but they simply are not coached well and cannot do the little things needed to win games.  Campbell and Portis looked excellent today but unfortunately even they could not overcome the horrible play calling. 

Campbell can make all the plays but unfortunately he is handcuffed by the coaching staff.  Gibbs and Co. do not realize how lucky they are to have Campbell.  There are so many teams in the NFL who have worse QBs (Atlanta, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Denver, Chicago, Minnesota, San Francisco, Baltimore, Miami, Oakland, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, Houston, New York Jets, Tampa Bay). 

nospinzone1

« Reply #5: November 12, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »
HOWEVER, RECORDS DONT MEAN ANYTHING WHEN SKINS DALLAS PLAY.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #6: November 12, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »
You're being sentimental, thinking back to a better time. Dallas is going to c-r-u-s-h Washington.

HOWEVER, RECORDS DONT MEAN ANYTHING WHEN SKINS DALLAS PLAY.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: November 12, 2007, 09:00:33 AM »
I noticed people taking shots at extremeskins on there and rightly so. How long before wnff goes the way of extremeskins?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #9: November 12, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »
I noticed people taking shots at extremeskins on there and rightly so. How long before wnff goes the way of extremeskins?

oh man, I hope not. it's like a whole world of sportsfans over there

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #10: November 12, 2007, 09:04:49 AM »

Shots of what?  Rum? Tequila?  Our alcoholics and stand up to their alcoholics anyday!

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #11: November 12, 2007, 01:06:58 PM »
Maybe when Danny buys the team from the Lerners, starts over-paying has beens, brings Frank Robinson back...

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #12: November 12, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
oh man, I hope not. it's like a whole world of sportsfans over there
I'll take the sportsfans from over there from the blind koolaid drinkers who get infuriated if anyone dare question King Joe Gibbs.

I can't stand hearing, "JOE GIBBS HAS WON 3 SUPER BOWLS!  WHAT HAVE YOU EVER WON!?"

Too bad his Super Bowl wins are as relevant as Wilson Phillips and the new Coke.  They can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that this is a new era and football and Gibbs can't adjust.  Even nospin, our resident "sage" here, realizes that Gibbs is no longer fit for command.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #13: November 12, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »
As soon as the Nationals start winning. 

I'll take the sportsfans from over there from the blind koolaid drinkers who get infuriated if anyone dare question King Joe Gibbs.

I can't stand hearing, "JOE GIBBS HAS WON 3 SUPER BOWLS!  WHAT HAVE YOU EVER WON!?"

Too bad his Super Bowl wins are as relevant as Wilson Phillips and the new Coke.  They can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that this is a new era and football and Gibbs can't adjust.  Even nospin, our resident "sage" here, realizes that Gibbs is no longer fit for command.
Yes, these people are so damn ridiculous.  They actually think we have a chance to beat the Cowboys in Dallas.. Well let's see, Dallas is on a roll having just clobbered the high and mighty Giants in New York and the Redskins keep getting progressively worse having just lost to a last place team at home.  The Redskins defense which was once thought to be a strength is now a glaring weakness.  Romo and T.O. will run wild.   

Offline spidernat

« Reply #14: November 12, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
And the ridiculous Welcome Home gatherings at Redskins Park are annoying. I met a lot of those people and told them that are nothing but ass kissers hoping to be recognized and they wound up seeing that I was banned from the site a couple of times. :lol:

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #15: November 12, 2007, 02:04:49 PM »
sorry bout the game.

im not a huge skins fan, but i can relate...

my team is the steelers..and it was bad yesterday...

ugh...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #16: November 12, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »
sorry bout the game.

im not a huge skins fan, but i can relate...

my team is the steelers..and it was bad yesterday...

ugh...

:rofl: Ummm the Steelers won yesterday .... LOL Erica you're classic.  ;)  That was very funny. I can't stand it!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #17: November 12, 2007, 02:58:51 PM »
:rofl: Ummm the Steelers won yesterday .... LOL Erica you're classic.  ;)  That was very funny. I can't stand it!

But the Steelers did NOT cover the spread.  WHEN is Willie Parker going to get a TD?  The yards are nice but the lack of TDs is getting ridiculous, for we fantasy players who own him.  Erica is going to have to talk to an insider about this....

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #18: November 12, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »
And the ridiculous Welcome Home gatherings at Redskins Park are annoying. I met a lot of those people and told them that are nothing but ass kissers hoping to be recognized and they wound up seeing that I was banned from the site a couple of times. :lol:
Yep I have already been banned once when I called someone on there an idiot like a year ago.  Worst message board, ever. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #19: November 12, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »
Yep I have already been banned once when I called someone on there an idiot like a year ago.  Worst message board, ever.

Did you call an ExtremeSkins member an idiot, or were you referring to a member of the Redskins' team or coaching staff? 

The Redskins radio play-by-play guy, Larry Michael, got the job (resulting in Frank Herzog's firing) because he insulted and trashed anyone who criticized the team, on the air, during his post-game call-in show.  Danny Snyder must have LOVED that. 

Michael's play-by-play often fails to mention the name of the player who caught a rare pass, or how many yards they got.  It's bad enough that Sam Huff openly states that every single call on the field should be going in the Redskins favor, regardless of what actually happened.  (Example: "They got the first down" when the play was clearly two yards short.)

Really loved hearing Defensive Head Coach and Overblown Title Greg Williams defensively claim that the Redskins did a good job coming from behind this season.  It's more like they BLEW LEADS and then have to fight their way back, because his defense broke down and the chicken-wing offense went 3-and-out the 2nd half.   I now understand why he got fired by Buffalo.  Like Gibbs, Williams is too busy patting himself on the back to acknowledge why the team is really under performing.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #20: November 12, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
You should be less inhibited about saying what you feel. Don't be so timid. :)

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #21: November 12, 2007, 05:38:48 PM »
Well, Sam and Sonny will be gone soon (not that they shouldn't be: Sam's not the intellect he used to be). This week, Sam told Sonny and Larry to do the locker room interview themselves, that he wasn't going down there. This he says on the air.

The Redskins radio play-by-play guy, Larry Michael, got the job (resulting in Frank Herzog's firing) because he insulted and trashed anyone who criticized the team, on the air, during his post-game call-in show.  Danny Snyder must have LOVED that.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #22: November 12, 2007, 10:33:10 PM »
Yeah that Larry Michael is a moron that serves as nothing more than Gibbs' and Snyder's personal defender and ass licker. That's why they hired him. And they have their ass kissers running extremeskins banning posters for anything they disagree with. One of these games I'm going to show up at their tailgate again to see how they react when they see me. They can't ban me from Fed Ex :lol:

Did anyone catch Williams bragging about how smart he is for allowing the Eagles to score at the end of the game so they could get the ball back and have a shot to tie the game? He was so proud of something that anyone could easily deduce from the score and circumstances that he didn't even care that the Skins came back from ahead to drop another one to a division foe no less. I can't believe the eagles were dumb enough to actually run a play there instead of kneeling on the ball and running out the clock. The eagles were either stupid or they wanted to pad Westbrook's stats.

Offline DCPSR

• DC Pro Sports Report
« Reply #23: November 13, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
Gibbs II is failing and Daniel Snyder has a pretty damn mediocre record since he took over in 2000.  Snyder needs desperately to embark on a Lerner/Kasten type rebuild effort.  That effort has to be led by a true front office professional, and NO that does not include Vinny Cerrato.  Unfortunately for Gibbs, he bought the Snyder thinking hook, line and sinker.  Snyder is doing to the Redskins what Angelos did to the Orioles.  Moves like TJ Duckett, Adam Archuleta, and Brandon Lloyd prove front office incompetence. 

Offline Dave B

« Reply #24: November 13, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
Did anyone catch Williams bragging about how smart he is for allowing the Eagles to score at the end of the game so they could get the ball back and have a shot to tie the game? He was so proud of something that anyone could easily deduce from the score and circumstances that he didn't even care that the Skins came back from ahead to drop another one to a division foe no less. I can't believe the eagles were dumb enough to actually run a play there instead of kneeling on the ball and running out the clock. The eagles were either stupid or they wanted to pad Westbrook's stats.

is that what happened? i saw the eagles score, then texted my friend. then went to the pit/cle game and saw that the eagles scored quickly. and was like "wtf".  i'll give williams credit for that move. its not often that you see worthwhile Madden strategies employed.  although i would like to think my d-coordinator would take pride in something else