Author Topic: EASY STREET  (Read 655 times)

Offline Nationalzfanatic88

EASY STREET
« Topic Start: September 14, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
You know know that I stopped caring about the playoffs, I'm as someone else said on "cruise-control" for the rest of the season. However, i've noticed that we have a nine games straight against below five hundred teams. I really cant see why we cant go 9-0. But I think if the Nats are serious about this WildCard thing, I really think they have to take advantage and go at the VERY LEAST 7-2. What does everybody else think?

O and by the way, If Frank allows any of our pitchers to pitch to Bonds. I will officially declare him mentally unstable!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
EASY STREET
« Reply #1: September 14, 2005, 05:21:38 PM »
We've been losing to sub-.500 teams all season, what makes you think the next 3 weeks will be any different?

Offline Nationalzfanatic88

EASY STREET
« Reply #2: September 14, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
We've been losing to sub-.500 teams all season, what makes you think the next 3 weeks will be any different?

I'm not saying it will be any different, sheesh people, I'm saying that's what the Nats must do if they are serious about the wild card. Personally, I'll be satisfied even if they go on an 17 game losing streak and finish below .500

Offline rileyn

Re: EASY STREET
« Reply #3: September 14, 2005, 06:40:06 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
You know know that I stopped caring about the playoffs, I'm as someone else said on "cruise-control" for the rest of the season. However, i've noticed that we have a nine games straight against below five hundred teams. I really cant see why we cant go 9-0. But I think if the Nats are serious about this WildCard thing, I really think they have to take advantage and go at the VERY LEAST 7-2. What does everybody else think?

O and by the way, If Frank allows any of our pitchers to pitch to Bonds. I will officially declare him mentally unstable!

I think you are unsuccessfully trying to trick yourself into thinking that you are on cruise control for the rest of the year.  It doesn't work that way.  If you have passion for something (which you seem to) your blood will boil with every loss and you will puff your chest out with every win.  It's a sickness for which there is no cure!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
EASY STREET
« Reply #4: September 14, 2005, 06:55:15 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Quote from: "The Chief"

I'm not saying it will be any different, sheesh people, I'm saying that's what the Nats must do if they are serious about the wild card. Personally, I'll be satisfied even if they go on an 17 game losing streak and finish below .500

Yeah I know.  It was meant to be said jokingly, but I guess it doesn't come across very well when I try it without smileys.

Quote from: "rileyn"
I think you are unsuccessfully trying to trick yourself into thinking that you are on cruise control for the rest of the year.  It doesn't work that way.  If you have passion for something (which you seem to) your blood will boil with every loss and you will puff your chest out with every win.  It's a sickness for which there is no cure!

absolutely true.