Author Topic: TV Sound Not In Synch  (Read 484 times)

Offline saltydad

TV Sound Not In Synch
« Topic Start: October 15, 2007, 01:51:38 AM »
We had to replace an old TV, so we went to Costco and picked up a very reasonable 26" Westinghouse LCD HDTV for the kitchen. The old TV was a tiny 13". Now I notice that the sound isn't in synch with the picture. Is this something specific to Sat TV, or what? Is there a workaround? It's very annoying, especially as the picture is now so big and clear. Thanks.

nospinzone1

Re: TV Sound Not In Synch
« Reply #1: October 15, 2007, 02:45:58 AM »
We had to replace an old TV, so we went to Costco and picked up a very reasonable 26" Westinghouse LCD HDTV for the kitchen. The old TV was a tiny 13". Now I notice that the sound isn't in synch with the picture. Is this something specific to Sat TV, or what? Is there a workaround? It's very annoying, especially as the picture is now so big and clear. Thanks.

DID YOU CONSULT CONSUMERS REPORTS BEFORE YOU BOUGHT IT.?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: October 15, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »
I'm assuming you are not using an HD source - that is, you're just using "regular" satellite television. If you were receiving their HD signal you'd need a special sat receiver. So, if you think it's clear now, arrange for HD. It'll be *unbelievable* compared to what it is now.

I can say this happens to me more frequently when I use my up-sampling DVD player with my HD TV, but it almost never happens when I use HD cable signal. I think it happened more when I used the DVI input rather than the regular RGB inputs.

Are you routing the sat input through anything other than the satellite box? A DVD recorder, for instance?

We can take this offline if you want.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #3: October 15, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »
I'm assuming you are not using an HD source - that is, you're just using "regular" satellite television. If you were receiving their HD signal you'd need a special sat receiver. So, if you think it's clear now, arrange for HD. It'll be *unbelievable* compared to what it is now.

I can say this happens to me more frequently when I use my up-sampling DVD player with my HD TV, but it almost never happens when I use HD cable signal. I think it happened more when I used the DVI input rather than the regular RGB inputs.

Are you routing the sat input through anything other than the satellite box? A DVD recorder, for instance?

We can take this offline if you want.

The TV is the 2nd one on a regular dual receiver which is located in another room upstairs. The signal path is direct from the receiver to the TV, which is simply connected via the sat cable. And yes, this is not an HD signal. With only one set that is  HD out of 4 on satellite, I can't really justify the added expense of switching to HD yet. And NoSpin, this is not a function of the TV. I dimly remember reading somewhere that this happens with some sat signals. Will have to reseach this more. Thanks!

[/quote]

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #4: October 15, 2007, 03:46:26 PM »
I've never noticed it except with HD TVs using normal signal. You may want to google the TV model and audio out of sync or something. There may be tweaks you can make.

This happens a lot less now to me than it used to, but I'm using cable now (forced to by tall trees).

The TV is the 2nd one on a regular dual receiver which is located in another room upstairs. The signal path is direct from the receiver to the TV, which is simply connected via the sat cable. And yes, this is not an HD signal. With only one set that is  HD out of 4 on satellite, I can't really justify the added expense of switching to HD yet. And NoSpin, this is not a function of the TV. I dimly remember reading somewhere that this happens with some sat signals. Will have to reseach this more. Thanks!