Author Topic: Pitchers = "They"? Batters = "We"?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Pitchers = "They"? Batters = "We"?
« Topic Start: September 14, 2005, 04:46:29 PM »
It's been noted on a couple other Message boards.

but has anyone here noticed that Frank calls his Pitchers "They", as in "They" need to throw strikes, and he refers to his Position Players as "We"? as in "We" need to start hitting?

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #1: September 14, 2005, 05:10:10 PM »
Maybe he connects more with hitters since he was one of the greatest to ever live, I'm pissed about the fact cause of roided Sosa knocking him out of the top five for home runs.

Hey, could someone tell me other teams forum sites, I SWEAR ON ALL THAT IS HOLY I will not comment, I just wanna see what they say and stuff!!

natslive

« Reply #2: September 14, 2005, 07:51:38 PM »
Yes it is a constant with Frank.

When Frank played it was like going to wr. He was the one batter on the Os I hated to see bat against the Nats. Old habits die hard.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: September 16, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Maybe he connects more with hitters since he was one of the greatest to ever live

The best hitter of all time, was without a doubt, Josh Gibson, catcher for the Homestead Grays and Pittsburgh Crawfords. The older he got, the sweeter his swing became. In the entire history of baseball, in any era, he had no equal when it came to power.

In my opinion, Josh Gibson was the greatest hitter, bar none, of all time.

natslive

« Reply #4: September 16, 2005, 02:06:25 PM »
Josh was good, no doubt about that, but if I had to place a bet I would put some money on Pop Lloyd.

Scot

« Reply #5: September 16, 2005, 02:22:31 PM »
Felipe Alou used to be the same as Robinson. A fielder could make an error, or a baserunner make a mistake, or a hitter make an out in a key spot, and Alou wouldn't get too upset. But heaven help the pitcher (especially a reliever) who allowed a runner to score.

Josh Gibson the greatest hitter of all time? Maybe, but there's no way to know for sure, since he didn't play in MLB, and faced a wildly inconsistent level of competition. Gibson the best hitter in the history of the Negro Leagues I'll grant. Best all time? I don't see it.

Scot.

Scot

« Reply #6: September 16, 2005, 02:25:10 PM »
This is probably going to be wildly unpopular, but if you take all factors into account (quality of competition, development of new pitches, integration of the majors, the influx of the bext players from around the world, professionalization of sports, improvments in modern medicine and training, etc) the best hitter of all time is probably Barry Bonds. Enjoy him while you can, so you can tell your kids and grandkids that you got to see the best hitter of all time.

Scot.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #7: September 16, 2005, 03:17:01 PM »
Quote from: "Scot"
This is probably going to be wildly unpopular, but if you take all factors into account (quality of competition, development of new pitches, integration of the majors, the influx of the bext players from around the world, professionalization of sports, improvments in modern medicine and training, etc) the best hitter of all time is probably Barry Bonds. Enjoy him while you can, so you can tell your kids and grandkids that you got to see the best hitter of all time.

Scot.

I love Barry as a player, but I hate him as a person.

He's a egotistic, selfish, pathetically racist bastard, who's whiny "woe-is-me" attitude and blatant racism ALMOST makes me ashamed to be of the same ethnicity.

Scot

« Reply #8: September 16, 2005, 03:23:41 PM »
JM:

I've got no comments on Bonds as a person. But as a player, he's the best any of us are likely to ever see.

Scot.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #9: September 17, 2005, 12:44:04 AM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

Scot.

He's a egotistic, selfish, pathetically racist bastard, who's whiny "woe-is-me" attitude and blatant racism ALMOST makes me ashamed to be of the same ethnicity.

:shock: WOAH :shock:  JMadison is umm...how to say this...African American...sorry not to sound racist but I assumed everyone else on this forums was...o umm...white :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #10: September 17, 2005, 01:16:54 AM »
We're all black and hispanic, we just didn't tell you  :wink:

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #11: September 17, 2005, 01:16:55 AM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

Scot.

:shock: WOAH :shock:  JMadison is umm...how to say this...African American...sorry not to sound racist but I assumed everyone else on this forums was...o umm...white :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

don't think anything of it. it's not really a big deal.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #12: September 17, 2005, 01:19:59 AM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
We're all black and hispanic, we just didn't tell you  :wink:

hahahaha, lmao, really now?